New System Update (1.141.04 ) won't install

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
I read that Android 3.1 could be postponed until August... not good...

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

I'd rather they hold than to send something buggy to my tab....we all know that 3.1 is really 1.0 for tablets.

Sledge

Jun 11, 2011
well i'm getting a notification to update, but the update fails, tried looking at log, but i can't find anything in the cache folder..not rooted, and as far as i know i havn't removed anything..

Last edited:

shotokan

Jul 4, 2011
I bought my Acer Iconia A500 last thursday (June 30, 2011) in Saudi Arabia, immediately after internet connection, i've got updates and check my version is still 3.0.1; Kernel 2.6.36.3 and build number Acer_A500_1.139.05_COM_GEN1. When i check my system update, it is saying that my tab is Updated. do you think i'm on the right track? Also, when registering my tab, my internet connection goes down and i could not register it when my internet connection up again, message pop up and mentioned that i have to remind after 7 days. Do you think i can register this?

ggravier

Jun 1, 2011
Just upgraded my A500 and my wife's to 3.1... went perfectly smooth! W00t!

cheech083077

Jul 6, 2011
i woke up with the141 update available, went ahead and installed, went well,then checked my settings and said 3.1. not sure what happened there.

ianzappa

May 16, 2011
me too .3.1 update failed tried 10 times now no update acer must have pulled it because its defect.any news on this would be great thanks fustrated a500 owner(ian) acer get your act together,after podding out 500 euros acer should be on top off thing. nottttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

tilsit999

May 21, 2011
I am struggling to update to 4.010.38 - it downloads and then on installation it advises me that it's not "applicable to me".

Any thoughts? By the way, what does "rooted" mean?

njd20

Jan 22, 2011
I had the same issue, my tab was not rooted, I called Acer level 2 support and for some reson on the first update prior to this on it changed my build date so it would not unzip the 3.1 update. I did not want todo a hard reset and lose everything so Acer had me send it to a service center, I was lucky and the center was 10min from my home I dropped it off yesterday and picked it up today , all my info was intact and it had the 3.1 update installed. the tab works perfect and the wifi issues have been fixed.

Berno

Jun 19, 2011
Got the same problem. My Tab was also rooted, but when I restored factory settings it didn't change anything.

ggravier

Jun 1, 2011
Yeah! Just got the 3.2 upgrade this morning! New option to zoom or strech phone-formatted apps to fit the tablet format. Nice! And better support for sd card...

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Yeah 3.2 came the other day and installed fine on my Tablet. My daughter tried hers yesterday and the update will not install. Message is "Invalid update". Any ideas anyone?

ggravier

Jun 1, 2011
Yeah 3.2 came the other day and installed fine on my Tablet. My daughter tried hers yesterday and the update will not install. Message is "Invalid update". Any ideas anyone?

Hi! Try turning the tablet off then on again and redoing the update...

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Hi! Try turning the tablet off then on again and redoing the update...

Yeah we tried that 3x - still no good. thanks for the help anyway.

btw, how is the land of my very distant ancestors?:rolleyes:

ggravier

Jun 1, 2011
G'day, mate!

Land of your distant ancestors is doing nicely... Summer is going away... How's the land of my dreams? :) (Granted, it's rather Sydney which I've been to and really want to come back to...)

As for the system update. My sister had a similar problem. Kept getting error messages until I called her and had her do the same thing with me on the phone... And it worked. Sometimes, some black magic is needed... :)

Try clearing the system cache (if I remember well, turn the machine on while pressing volume up and power). No worries about data, it's just the cache which will be automatically rebuilt afterwards... then do the update again.

A bientot;
Gilles.