just got a acer a500 tab. system update date wont install

shawnwade

Feb 3, 2012
im a total noob to android tablets. when i try to do the system update the install fails. i get thev"invalid update message". ive heard of people doing a factory reset, but i dont know to do the factory reset. and if i reset, then i have to redownload all my apps, right?

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
im a total noob to android tablets. when i try to do the system update the install fails. i get thev"invalid update message". ive heard of people doing a factory reset, but i dont know to do the factory reset. and if i reset, then i have to redownload all my apps, right?
Just clear the cache by holding in the power button and the volume up key when you start your tablet. Factory reset is the hole on the bottom left hand side of the A500. You can try that.

Do ypu have a valid account with gmail?

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
EDITED...... to do the factory reset. and if i reset, then i have to redownload all my apps, right?

This is something that I've wondered about and I think I know the answer but gonna ask. If you do a FACTORY RESET then I know it goes back to like it was when purchased but the APPS are mine and still will show in the Market, correct?? Do they auto redownload or ??

I know you don't have to with Reset.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
This is something that I've wondered about and I think I know the answer but gonna ask. If you do a FACTORY RESET then I know it goes back to like it was when purchased but the APPS are mine and still will show in the Market, correct?? Do they auto redownload or ??

I know you don't have to with Reset.
Yes the apps show in the market. It is tied to your account.
And no you have to download them.

And at least we agree. He doesn't have to do a reset. It will eventually work.