New WonderMedia WM8650 Android Tablet PC

tatzz

Jul 19, 2011
Hi whats this about firmware i caint play any none!! Videos not just youtube what do i need or do to make them play please help please iam going crazy please! !!thanks tatzz

Brooklyngurl

Jul 20, 2011
I cannot connect to my router. It sees it, says signal strenght is excellent, I press connect. Then I try the browser but it states that the page cannot be found. I go back to wifi, and see that the router is "not in range" and that is when I am sitting in front of it...... can someone help here. It's fine when connected directly to the router with a cat cable.

p3k

May 10, 2011
To all the above WM8650 tablet users who are tired of their cheap-o tablets not working well; if you're daring enough, try modding it (like I mentioned in my previous posting) to vastly improve performance.

It will improve overall response, video playback (youtube will be greatly improved, but don't expect miracles if your unit doesn't have much ram installed) and you WILL enjoy your tablet more.

If you're tablet is still under warranty, and your scared of ruining it and voiding your warranty, live with your lousy tablet and bye-bye.

If your a bit daring, and want to risk it, read on.

Actually, I don't think there's that big of a risk, but YMMV. I was scared of bricking mine, and I did have a few problems (read on) but eventually got it going great.

First you need to identify your tablet; go here. THIS was where I encountered my only problems; trying to correctly identify my particular tablet. It was a bit tough (but not impossible), since mine had no model number or anything like that on it.

Then go here to read all about the mod and to see how to install it (quite easy) and download it.

Upon flashing the new MOD, I had to try 3 diffrent choices on the 18 tablet choices listed in the changer part of the MOD program. When 1 didn't work, I just rried another, and repeated until I got the one that was right.

I don't regret it in the least!

yugten

Jul 16, 2011
i have a MID80006 Android 2.2, Kernel 2.6.32 and Build Version V1.3.0.

will the performance improve if i mod my tablet per your instructions?

Updates:

i used 3 (no ts; no wifi) and 10 (no ts) option but ts wont work however mouse working. now i am lost.

here is the item number from ebay 330582215082

Last edited:

p3k

May 10, 2011
Keep trying to identify your tablet by the LED color and other things, and then keep trying what looks like the correct choice of the 18 listed on the MOD flash list. It won't hurt to keep trying different ones until the correct one is found. If still having problems, you might post to that forum directly with your info.

i have a MID80006 Android 2.2, Kernel 2.6.32 and Build Version V1.3.0.

will the performance improve if i mod my tablet per your instructions?

Updates:

i used 3 (no ts; no wifi) and 10 (no ts) option but ts wont work however mouse working. now i am lost.

here is the item number from ebay 330582215082

jvalmeida

Aug 5, 2011
Hello all

I've read most of the posts here and on other forums. I've installed Uberoid v6.2 final and it works fine, but NO Wifi.
I've searched all over, tried to erase the "wireless" folder, but I'd no sucess in getting wifi on. It comes around but after a few seconds I'm shown a message: "unable to connect".
I've used option 3, and, as I said, everything goes great, but bo wifi.

Would anyone help, please? I may have missed a post or a link where the problem is solved. Point me there, pls.

Thanks

jvalmeida

Aug 5, 2011
Me again

I've found the original firmware, and i've created a torrent with it

Go to [magnet:?xt=urn:btih:E75BA83D683E14924B0732A9B541B22DB51F1CBC] and get it. No Android Market, but again fully operational

Tablet is a Eken m003s compatible model WM8650

madmaselle

Aug 16, 2011
Well I took the plunge and successfully modded my 8" WM8650 via HCH's Uberoid WM8650 1.3.0 HYBRiD HoneyCombMOD v6.1 LiTE ROM... and it was actually quite easy (once I figured out which choice to choose for my tablet... took 5 tried of different ones... mine worked with choice #3) and WOW... much faster touch screen operation, page scrolling, less garbage, android market (haven't tried it yet), overall much better!

I actually ended up using a combination of his newest 6.2 ROM. and the 6.1.. extracted the new android2.2-froyoNEWFONT.tgz font from the 6.2 and plopped it into the 6.1. I tried the 6.2 ROM, and it actually ran a bit slower on my tablet.

Anyway... what was I waiting for anyway [to do it'?!

Hello guys! I'm new to this Forum but a couple weeks ago i purchased the WM8650. 2 question. How to enter Recovery mode and since it didn't come with a USB cable how to hook it to PC and of course if i wanna mod the RAM and smtg goes wrong how to get back the Froyo?
TIA

jeanmartial05

Sep 15, 2011
please i use android os 2.2 kernel 2.6.32 and i don't arrive to connect to us home wifi network. i want to know what's the probleme and how can i resolve this. thanks

djpokas

Oct 9, 2011
As of today, it still does not support Flash 10.1 for web browsing, the manufacturer told us that the new firmware launching around March will support Flash. We will update on our website and blog once it is confirmed.

I own one tablet with this processor, running on Android 2.2 version, and it really run Flash! i check this going this site ramonguerra.hostoi.com and it runs great!

bwharton

Sep 23, 2011
I just modded my tablet, it seemed pretty easy. The only problem I seem to have now s that it comes with android market 2.3.6, and when I try to update to 3.1.3 i get the error that says application market has stopped please try again force close. Anyone know how to fix that problem

Update I wnt back to older market and I still get the error. COuld someone please help. Can not get market to work at all. Went back and even re-flashed

Last edited: