No HBO Go after update

robert3433

Jan 8, 2012
Opening the app results in "Device not supported" message then app closes. Not even listed in the app market place after upgrade. Wish I hadn't upgraded now, I'm in the middle of Game of Thrones Series and it was awesome watching with my vizio connected to my tv.

jhaynes1230

Oct 7, 2011
Same problem. I spent weeks trying to get hbogo to work and now its gone.

Sucks!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

MDR5300

Dec 12, 2011
Same problem, is there anyway to go back to before the update. Max Go has the same issue HBO GO and the TWC TV app takes me to login page after username and password is input go to term and conditions page but no way to accept and go on.

mui

Nov 28, 2011
Of course this is just conjecture but I think that vizio has deals with content provides that causes the them to limit what we can do with our vtabs. I don't know if this is true but it would explain a lot of things. I don't believe vizio is nearly about freedom as they say they are!

dmelendez34

Mar 15, 2012
Wish I would have known it would stop working before upgrade... :(

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I think these apps had problems with Honeycomb when HC originally came out. It is probably just a matter of the app developers updating the app to allow the recognition of the VTab to show compatibility. I suggest leaving a message for the app developers in the Google Play store.

Mar 16, 2012
great... while the HC update seems to make the tablet snappier... too many issues and compatibility issues have increased.

wlellis

Dec 23, 2011
HBO GO has acknowledged they do no work with Honeycomb - it is not unique to Vizio

robert3433

Jan 8, 2012
yep, finally heard back from hbogo support and they don't support honeycomb at all. they hope to in the future. google or vizio should provide an app compatability tool to test apps for OS upgrades. vtab is worthless to me without hbogo.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
yep, finally heard back from hbogo support and they don't support honeycomb at all. they hope to in the future. google or vizio should provide an app compatability tool to test apps for OS upgrades. vtab is worthless to me without hbogo.

This isn't Vizio's responsibility. It is up to the app developers to make sure their apps are up to date. Beyond that it is up to Google to do that if anybody (hint they want the app developers to step up and do their job by updating the apps). You would never ask the manufacture of your pc to tell you if updating Widows is going to have compatibility issues, you expect Microsoft to tell you that.

If you want the apps to work contact the app developers and let them know.

joeymantera

Apr 10, 2012
To make HBOGO work you have to navigate to the site on your browser.
Go in the browser settings and set the browser to desktop instead of android, it works on Dolphin HD browser on my VTAB. The HBOgo app is useless but watching HBOgo on my browser is a good crutch.

Last edited:

Hedgehog000

Nov 20, 2011
This isn't Vizio's responsibility. It is up to the app developers to make sure their apps are up to date.

Sorry, I disagree, Vizio made the choice to switch us all. If there are negative consequences than it is their responsibility. So far the only benefit of this is the better use of the sd card.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Sorry, I disagree, Vizio made the choice to switch us all. If there are negative consequences than it is their responsibility. So far the only benefit of this is the better use of the sd card.

So I suppose all the cries for Vizio to update to the new versions of Android should have been ignored? I'm sorry but there is no way you can put the issue of incompatible apps on Vizio. Yes they put out the Android update but the majority of us were asking for it. All you have to do is read through the older posts to see this and see there were complaints about the older version of Android as well.

So in your view they should have left the Vtab stuck with a phone version of Android? What about all of the compatibility issues going forward where once developers do update their apps or come out with new ones they no longer work with Gingerbread? Would you be happy with a device stuck on an old OS and not able to run new apps and new versions of apps? Is Vizio supposed to be in charge of everything to do with Android so that the Vtab always works? I suppose Google should just stop developing Android at this point.

Basically what you are saying is the equivalent to blaming tv manufacturers for the lack of shows on the tv. It's all Sony's fault there is no quilting network right? I guess Samsung should have made sure there was a sand channel focused on broadcasting dirt before they sold you the lastest HD tv too.

Personally I think it is nice that Vizio is still supporting a tablet that is otherwise dead in the water. It wasn't so clear they would be supporting it going forward. there are plenty of sub-forums here where you can read all about device that ship with whatever they have and that is all you ever hear from the manufacturer. It is definitely not the boat you want to be in. Maybe if we are lucky Vizio will continue to develop for the Vtab and we can get an update to Android 4.0. There may be some issues in doing so but there will also be benefits which should outweigh the issues, just as with the current update.

All Vizio can do is update us to the latest Android anything outside of the basic changes they make to that Version of Android are beyond their responsibility and control. Perhaps you want to be stuck with whatever your tablet ships with so nothing changes and you are eventually left behind, but the majority want the updates that come with progress.

Hedgehog000

Nov 20, 2011
To answer your long response briefly. I would prefer the option not to update. The argument that this is a better version is questionable. The fact that some on this forum wanted it hardly means we all did.