NOOKcolor Owners thread

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Just wanted to say Hi. Ive had my rooted nook color for a few weeks now and am loving it so far. Ive been reading on this forum all morning and am very happy to be a part of your community!

Welcome angelkissez, glad to have you here. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask (there are no dumb questions) and we will point you in the right direction.

angelkissez

Jan 31, 2011
Thanks darmeen! I do have a few questions. One is do i need this clockwork(or something like that) Ive been hearing about and what does it do?. I also was told to keep wifi off for now, is this also true?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Thanks darmeen! I do have a few questions. One is do i need this clockwork(or something like that) Ive been hearing about and what does it do?. I also was told to keep wifi off for now, is this also true?

The first question to your question is have you rooted your nook yet?

angelkissez

Jan 31, 2011
Im sorry, Yes its rooted. I used autonooter. I also have a few games, dolphin browser, zeam, fancy widgets to name a few.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
You will need clockwork recovery to load the 1.1 rooted update rom, and its just a good tool to have for doing full system and data backups, so when you try something new and it doesn't work out, you have a backup to recover to.

Once you install Clockwork Recovery and let it do its backup thing, I believe you can then use your wifi as Clockwork won't allow the B&N update to install

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Once you install Clockwork Recovery and let it do its backup thing, I believe you can then use your wifi as Clockwork won't allow the B&N update to install
This is the thread of hope I'm clinging to--though I'll probably update to rooted 1.1 ver2 tonight. :) So far though, Clockwork Mod is installed, and no OTA 1.1. FWIW, having SPRecovery on my Droid does the same thing...though the huge pain with that is the Droid will download the update over and over, and remind you endlessly (and yes there's a fix for that!).

-Matt

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Yeah, 1.1 never came at me either...and I just loaded the pre-rooted 1.1 ROM last night...and I hate it right now! LOL (See my thread about appbrain for explanation)

angelkissez

Jan 31, 2011
OK, all done! I put cwr on my rooted nook and also rom manager. Wifi on and getting my emails again! Very happy! Thanks for the help darmeen. I think i will wait on 1.1 as some people are not happy! :)

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
OK, all done! I put cwr on my rooted nook and also rom manager. Wifi on and getting my emails again! Very happy! Thanks for the help darmeen. I think i will wait on 1.1 as some people are not happy! :)

Not a problem...my only complaint about the 1.1 ROM is that it jacked with my market, so now the app I use to search the market doesn't work.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Wow, great job! Talk about smooth sailing. :)

-Matt

angelkissez

Jan 31, 2011
p3h3l.png

Heres my baby lol

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I had a scare last niht... my nook froze and finally after 3 hours I must have pressed the power button two times on [RtIGHT][/RIGHT]the road (I didntknow last night that that's how one resets it ) and it came to life again, Something wong? Anything I could do to prevent aother spell in the future? Vitamins perhaps or some cleansing? Thank you
gloria

Last edited: