NOOKcolor Owners thread

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Ciao Matt, I see you are busy with bigger questions but I want to post a picture of my nook and I finally managed to take one without the sound icon in it. No idea how to post it.Right nw the picture is in my screenshoots folder. I didn't get any update as well and I guess I'll wait for a bigger one before messing up everything I need the time to enjoy what I got so far. Ciao
Gloria

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Hi Gloria, never too busy! So, good, you've got a screenshot you like. Now the rest is easy: connect your Nook to your computer, and the internal storage drive on the Nook should pop up. Look for the "media" folder, and inside it should be another folder called "screenshots".

Next, get your message ready, and when you want to add your screenshot to your forum message, just click on the image in the list of icons (above the message box), the one that sort of looks like a picture in a frame (is that a tree?). From there, click on "Select Files" and you can navigate to the folder you that has your screenshot. After you find and select it, click on "Upload File(s)" and eccoci qua, there it is, embedded in your message! Once it appears in your message you can also click on the image, and make the size larger or smaller.

Give it a try, and let us know if you run into any surprises! In bocca al lupo! :)

-Matt

angelkissez

Jan 31, 2011
I know this isnt the right thread for this. Can someone point me to the right place for help installing 1.1v2 from sd card. I followed directions and after many hours cannot get past installing......aborted. ugggggg.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Looks like I will need to buy another NC, showed my mother mine today and now she wants one now. :)

Of course she was more interested with the reader side of the NC, book and mags, the apps didn't impress, go figure.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Looks like I will need to buy another NC, showed my mother mine today and now she wants one now. :)

Of course she was more interested with the reader side of the NC, book and mags, the apps didn't impress, go figure.

Well at least you won't have to worry about keeping hers up to date and answering tons of questions about various apps!

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Same thing with my wife. I was THRILLED to see her finally checking her morning mail on it, and sending responses too. It's terrible to let such a little gem go to waste!

-Matt

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Well at least you won't have to worry about keeping hers up to date and answering tons of questions about various apps!

Yea thats true, I probably would need to root it, although not rooting the NC and setting it free is a crime in itself. :)

Same thing with my wife. I was THRILLED to see her finally checking her morning mail on it, and sending responses too. It's terrible to let such a little gem go to waste!

-Matt

lol My mother is still rockin a moto razr.

Jan 28, 2011
Hello all. New to the forum. Just picked up my NC yesterday, rooted, and now spending the time adding all the goodies. Any solid 2.2 versions out there to try? Already missing swype and 2.3.2. Love this tablet!

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Hello all. New to the forum. Just picked up my NC yesterday, rooted, and now spending the time adding all the goodies. Any solid 2.2 versions out there to try? Already missing swype and 2.3.2. Love this tablet!

Welcome to androidtablets.net and the Nook section. There is a sd mounted 2.2 available, see "Nook Color Technical" section.

Marek

Feb 1, 2011
Hi everyone! I just returned my Huawei S7 to Bestbuy today and since I B&N was right next door I decided to step in and see if they had any NC's in stock. I ended up getting one and now I have to sit at work patiently awaiting the end of the day when I can go home and root it!

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Hi everyone! I just returned my Huawei S7 to Bestbuy today and since I B&N was right next door I decided to step in and see if they had any NC's in stock. I ended up getting one and now I have to sit at work patiently awaiting the end of the day when I can go home and root it!

Welcome! Let us know if you have any questions. Another win for the Nook over the S7, lol. We have a little competition going with the Huawei forum.

suefourmet

Jan 14, 2011
Okay, guys. I was too impatient to wait for the 1.1 nooter, so I reverted back to 1.0.1 and rerooted from there. Then I installed the "Block 1.1" zip from the Monster RootPack site, but I now have two questions. First of all the Monster RootPack includes a "GoogleApps" zip which looks like it is there to install Market. I did not install that zip because I got Market in my original root. Do I need to install GoogleApps if I already have Market? Secondly, I'm not sure how to install Clockwork Recovery. Does it just stay on my SD card, or do I actually get it into my NC someway? Thanks in advance.

I did learn three important things while doing this process: 1) Don't panic. 2) No, really, don't panic. 3) Above all, don't panic!

Sue

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Gee Sue you sound like a pro!!! :)

Sorry I don't know about the Monster RootPack (you saw THAT, and didn't panic...wow). My educated guess if it's got "GoogleApps" is that it has the Market, gmail, calendar, Maps...and...??? Regarding ClockworkMod...what I did was download ROM Manager from the Market, and then when I ran it, there is an option to "flash" (install in ROM) Clockwork Mod. As you know, this gives you an option when you boot, to start the Clockwork Mod utility instead, and use that to create a backup, restore a backup, etc.

(Actually, "option when you boot" isn't 100% correct. You don't get an option screen--to launch Clockwork Mod you have to either (a) start the Nook normally, run ROM Manager, and tell it to reboot the Nook using ClockworkMod Recovery, OR (b) boot the Nook while holding the Power and "n" button at the same time.)

-Matt

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Sorry to chime in Matt:) I just want to add....Sue the recovery image and your backups will be on your sdcard, this is normal for clockwork. I wouldn't try booting into recovery without your sdcard present. If you want to use a new sdcard, just copy everything over first. And if you already have the full suite of Gapps no need to install them again.