Pairing PS3 Controller

Hazymoments

Apr 21, 2012
I am having trouble pairing my PS3 controller with my tablet. I've connected it via a USB cable and adaptor, but I do not see the controller icon in the bottom corner. The controller is definitdly charging, but doesn't pair via bluetooth, Has anyone done this successfully? The micro USB converter I have is not the real Sony one, but I don't see why that would matter. Any ideas?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
First are you sure you have the update to allow the PS3 controller (you never know)? Unless there has been a change with ICS (if you have updated) I believe you have to use their cable. Others have also tried non-Sony cables without success.

JP

Y2jHotaru

Aug 24, 2012
Hi, only if you have official ICS firmware from sony you can pair your PS3 controller without requiring additional software but, to do this, the first time you must connect the controller to the tablet using any micro usb to usb converter then hit the "PS" button. After that you must turn on bluetooth on the tablet and you can disconnect the controller and use it wirelessly.
The only problem I have faced so far is that you can only use one controller, if you try to pair two controllers, both of them are paired as number 1 so both of them act as player 1 controller. I haven't be able to find if I can pair two controllers and get them working independently to play 2 player games.