Problem: Screen running crazy

penseiro

Nov 13, 2011
Guys, my screen of the tablet iconia A500 is moving, maximizing and minimizing without me touching it. whats happening? sometimes, when i am navegating, this occurs. what can i do? i reseted one time, but this do not resolve. please help. thanks

Last edited:

Pompeybear

Dec 16, 2010
Am at work so can't check, is there a calibrate screen option? There was the option on my ARCHOS 101. Do you keep it any protective cover that is close to the edges?

penseiro

Nov 13, 2011
I dont have covers for my screen. And the acer iconia A500 dont have an option to calibrate the screen. out of the sudden it starts running up and down. Its been a week since i started using this tab.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
There is no such thing as maximizing and minimizing in Android.

Are you sure you are in the right forum? Are you sure you don't have a W500 (windows)?

If you are sure you are in the right place, perhaps you can be more specific in your description of
what is going on.

penseiro

Nov 13, 2011
Ok, sorry. I was telling that my screen becomes bigger and smaller, its moves freneticly qnd i can't stop until I push the power button one or two times. when i'm on a web page, out of the sudden the page starts moving out of control. it's a acer tablet, iconia A500. That's what's happening.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Sounds like hardware failure to me. Could just be a loose connector to the display, or drop damage.

Time to get with Acer and get it repaired before your warranty runs out.

penseiro

Nov 13, 2011
Thanks, I will, and if its a software problema, I already have 90 days of warranty of the acer

eg914

Nov 30, 2011
I have also experienced this behavior. It started after the last update, so it would seem to be software to me. If I tap the power twice and unlock the screen it seems to fix it. this behavior does not seem to happen too often.