RAW photo viewer/editor

sjuberman

Jun 3, 2011
Hey rcketscientist, have you considered making your app open source? I'm sure there are some programmers on this board that are willing to help with this. I for one would like to help with this. I just ordered a Xoom and will receive it in the next few days and one thing that I had envisioned was the possibility to use the tablet to check out photos during a shoot.

Pedro

Jun 3, 2011
Hey rcketscientist, have you considered making your app open source? I'm sure there are some programmers on this board that are willing to help with this. I for one would like to help with this. I just ordered a Xoom and will receive it in the next few days and one thing that I had envisioned was the possibility to use the tablet to check out photos during a shoot.

I totally agree. I would like to help you also, since I am an android developer and I look for some useful photo app. This application could be useful, but it is still at the beginning and it will take a lot of time to make it useful. I don't know if you plan to make some money on it, but I'm afraid you will have to work on it full-time some year...

And I am sure you can get some money also even with open-source project if it is successful :)

Apr 11, 2011
What do you mean its not fullscreen. Are you referring to the bars? That's due to aspect ratios. I could crop or distort to use all the screen but I'd prefer the full picture in proper ratio. Let me know if you guys prefer differently.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

Apr 11, 2011
I got an Sony A350 (arw files) and placed a few raw images on my Asus Transformer (HoneyComb 3.1). But it is not working. The program start, trying to decode the arw file, but the program crashed then.

Isnt there any Raw viewer for sony arw files?

Can you send me an example file to the address on the website? Thanks!

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

gadolfo

Jun 4, 2011
Hi there rcketscientist. First of all thank you for the work that you have done on this app. About a week or so I had downloaded the APK from the link you had available in this forum. I as well noticed that the app did not run full screen on my Iconia A500 as it does on the video you have at the site, using it on your G Tablet if im not mistaken. Today I downloaded the app from the Market and it still shows up in a fraction of the screen. Here some screen shots, Im sure they are more illustrative than my words.

image4.jpg

image3.jpg

image1.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2011
Well that was illustrative. Thanks. Thats really strange. Anyone else having trouble with an iconia? Ill try to emulate this. Or see if i can do a quick test run on a unit in a best buy, lol.

tonyb15re

Jun 6, 2011
This app is excellent, just what Ive been looking for to import my Raw images and check them out, I will probably do editing on my Home PC but this allows me to review them before I get home. Would be nice to have the option to re-size the images or just do a straight FULL size conversion. I can confirm it reads Nikon Raw, will check it later this week with Olympus. Agree that the App window could be a little larger, very small on the Xoom but still usable. :D

Apr 11, 2011
This app is excellent, just what Ive been looking for to import my Raw images and check them out, I will probably do editing on my Home PC but this allows me to review them before I get home. Would be nice to have the option to re-size the images or just do a straight FULL size conversion. I can confirm it reads Nikon Raw, will check it later this week with Olympus. Agree that the App window could be a little larger, very small on the Xoom but still usable. :D

Yah, the small size is unintentional, it is full size on my tablet and emulator test suite. I'll be fixing that as soon as possible. When you say full size conversion what are you referring to?