Recovering a brick!

matthewd7

Jan 13, 2011
SICKTGHT311: Re: Havent tried to flash via USB since i dont have a male-male cable and i'm not willing to purchase one to do something that the device should do on its own. Waiting to hear back from the seller (epadronics on ebay) regarding return address.

Perhaps I can help? ;)

I also sell these through eBay (although MUCH cheaper when dealing directly, since not needing to fork over profit to eBay--I share it with customers instead), and wanted to express understanding of your situation. I'm a US seller in direct contact with manufacturer in China.

If you do not hear back from you vendor, I'd be willing to try and help. They come with a one year warranty, and since I process many of these through our home, and have many happy customers, the manufacturer will not know where you bought yours from. ;) In other words, I may be able to setup a return for you directly with them and act like you bought it from me. :) If that is attempted and they want to receive from me, perhaps we could consider the same, but would cost more to ship through me as a middleman.

My screenname here is the same as my eBay store (matthewd7 -- or can email through any of our other 2 ebay stores as well: adf2679 or jcreality7), if you prefer to contact me through there, since I don't know if I'll readily find this forum again, as I just stumbled on it today. :)

Of the orders I've made from them, I've only had ONE MID(mobile internet device...what they call these pads) with issues....and it was issues like you are discussing here. Manufacturer is now in process of exchange. :)

Hope that can help you somehow & get you squared away soon, so you can enjoy these great devices!

All the best,
~James

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Not sure what resolution this is for... But...

Have you tried the instructions here?
Make a auto insatll TF card to upgrade or recover flytouch 2 latest ROM | Android Time

Remember to write down your registration number (Setting-about device-certificate.)

Download ROM here: http://rapidshare.com/files/442097864/flytouch2-ROM-recover-card.rar

Then follow instructions...

IMbIu.jpg

henc

Jan 16, 2011
pressed Power + Home + Back = "Press the required keys if you wish to perform a factory reset"
then lose the buttons Home + Back and pressed them again Home + Back
then the device came in recovery mode
this did work form me and it is working again

Richardo Crispus

Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
Have you put the SD card with the update.zip into the SD slot between the USBs? That's the prmary one and the *only* one it will look in (When in recovery)
Are the SD cards formatted with fat32? I think this is the only format that works... It worked for me...

Hope this helps,
Richardo

guy.joseph

Dec 21, 2010
Thanks

By using WinHex to make the card bootable, and then an update file supplied by my seller, I was able to get my Wifi back. However, its updated to dory-r2.1.925. This seems a bit slower than other builds. Does anybody have an update.zip for 1170 or another suitable build that I could try?

Cheers

guy.joseph

Dec 21, 2010

Make a auto insatll TF card to upgrade or recover flytouch 2 latest ROM | Android Time

Remember to write down your registration number (Setting-about device-certificate.)

Download ROM here: http://rapidshare.com/files/442097864/flytouch2-ROM-recover-card.rar

IMbIu.jpg

You sir, are a genius. By following this procedure, I was able to force a boot off SD card and recover my Wifi

Thanks!

hunnypot

Jan 16, 2011
A little perserverance has paid off!! Thank you kind sir!

I tried it with a sandisk 1Gb sd card and it worked a treat!

petloc

Jan 4, 2011
HI can anyone give me a link as the one above does not work any more, it says download not available,

sorry i dont need it now, i managed to reboot and update, i thought it was going to brick, i nearly did when it happened, all i did was wipe all user info and then it booted up took a little while, i then used the update icon to update back to the debr 2.1.1, PHEW it does seem to be a bit quicker, and the animations seem faster too, or is that just my relief that its working, lol

Last edited:

hunnypot

Jan 16, 2011
HI can anyone give me a link as the one above does not work any more, it says download not available,

sorry i dont need it now, i managed to reboot and update, i thought it was going to brick, i nearly did when it happened, all i did was wipe all user info and then it booted up took a little while, i then used the update icon to update back to the debr 2.1.1, PHEW it does seem to be a bit quicker, and the animations seem faster too, or is that just my relief that its working, lol

If anyone else wants this link "See HERE for what you want"

TEH HAXOR

Jan 30, 2011
Hi i own a superpad and i kept frezzing on the wowpad screen i went in recovery mode u know the power back home buttons after i did that the wowpad screen didnt frezze anymore after that screen i kept getting a "kernal panic!" screen and then the superpad would keep rebooting unless i turn it off and it would keep going on and on!

I NEED HELP ASAP!

Feb 12, 2011
Hi i own a superpad and i kept frezzing on the wowpad screen i went in recovery mode u know the power back home buttons after i did that the wowpad screen didnt frezze anymore after that screen i kept getting a "kernal panic!" screen and then the superpad would keep rebooting unless i turn it off and it would keep going on and on!

I NEED HELP ASAP!

hey i have the same problem i need help i also wiped the data/factory reset it still does the "kernal panic" thing

ballyoran

Jan 28, 2011
I downloaded the file but Winhex.exe won't open. I get an erro
Hi, I have managed to d/l winhex but when I go to tools it tells me the source file aben/aben start sector 001 is D drive although it is on my c drive. Also since I run win 7 it wants me to run as admin but when I right click the winhex exe. file it does not give me that option. Latest...I have sorted most of this out but still get an error message saying cannot create file

The system cannot find the path specified. C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\

Last edited:

Ypsom

Mar 20, 2011

IMbIu.jpg

Hi...!!!
I have followed all the instructions that also exist in the pdf document but still I have problem...
I made a bootable sd card of 2gb and set inside the folder android...
Then I set the sd card in the first (between usb) place but when i press the on/off button does not load from sd...
I also tryied the second slot, but still the same problem...
Can anybody tell me what i make wrong???

For your info I have the chinese 10 ince wowpad powered tablet... Worked for a month and now freeze to the green welcome screen of wowpad...

Thgank you in advance for your help...

duck01

Mar 25, 2011
Hi Guys,
I have been reading your forum and I too have a problem with my new FlyTouch II (SuperPAD). I can do a hard reset(Main Circle Button + Power + Home) But everytime after re-boot it stays on the Infotmic splash screen. Has anyone had this problem before? Does anyone know if I could still try the Tiff card option? Is my unit buggered? :(

colt

Apr 4, 2011
Hi,

Can anyone help me, why my bricked Flytouch II (ePad) won't be recovered by manual flashing? (SD card flashing doesn't work, the tablet displays no picture, and only the green LED lights).

I downloaded BurnTool, and 1170 update, and connected the ePad to PC with USB cable (cable plugged into the top USB socket on the USB/Ethernet adaptor). PC recognizes, that there is an unknown USB device, but i cannot install Burntool's driver (32bit XP; it doesn't accept the driver for this device), or flash it with Burntool. (The status bar in Burntool window doesn't set to green).

Can anyone help me in this issue?