[RECOVERY] EXT4 Compatible Bootable Clockwork SD Card 0.1 (for CM7 Rom)

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Very early test build of CM7 for NC is available! This is NOT for the folks afraid of messing everything up. Once you go EXT4, you can NOT just simply recover. You will have to do some steps to get back to normal structure. but this is the first public steps towards CM7 on the Nook Color.

I am not responsible for anything that anyone does with any of the links, files, llamas in this thread. You have been warned!

I don't know how we didn't get this linked over here sooner, I guess we were all playing with the new phiremod, but there is a very early release of CM7 to be played with!

This links to the thread that sets up for the CM7 build:
[RECOVERY] EXT4 Compatible Bootable Clockwork SD Card 0.1 (+ tasty treats) - xda-developers

This links to the first set of install instructions I found:
xda-developers - View Single Post - [RECOVERY] EXT4 Compatible Bootable Clockwork SD Card 0.1 (+ tasty treats)

This links to a dalingrin overclock:
xda-developers - View Single Post - [RECOVERY] EXT4 Compatible Bootable Clockwork SD Card 0.1 (+ tasty treats)

More info to come, I will be checking this out tonight.. woot!

Original Post:
thecubed said:
Alright! Here it is!

Want an EXT4 compatible bootable CWM SD card?
Done.

You'll need this for installing/maintaining a CM7 build on your NookColor.

All thanks to the excellent NookDevs team!
(you guys are excellent!)

Usual instructions are the usuals...
Got an 8gb SD card? Get the 8gb_clockwork file (or smaller).
Got a 1gb SD card? Don't download anything bigger than the 1gb_clockwork file.

By the way- my server's about to get hammered, so if anyone wants to post a mirror link (no rapidshare-like sites PLEASE!) I'd be very grateful.

Code:
f957165fd4dd85cdb99deec31f104de6  update-cm-7.0.0-RC1-encore-KANG-signed.zip
Code:
0afa3a3a189914f709dd5f18aadd43cb  128mb_clockwork-0.1-ext4.tar.gz
0aad5d16eb9a274f2a72b12f7be44c55  1gb_clockwork-0.1-ext4.tar.gz
598262de35053f2d34480175ac337d7c  2gb_clockwork-0.1-ext4.tar.gz
71ba12fc908c6bcc643aec6e9359b9f1  4gb_clockwork-0.1-ext4.tar.gz
41ac8d2b425f47db3f811676d35bd904  8gb_clockwork-0.1-ext4.tar.gz
4e9e91930f960d540509f10b0ecfb08b  buildenv-0.1-ext4.tar.gz

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Excellent find Faceman...I don't know how we all missed it either...curse you phiremod (shaking my fist in the air)

I don't think I will be diving in just yet...but it is awesome to see the CM7 crew getting closer and closer.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I was actually lurking over at cyanogenmod today and didn't see anything. Good find! I wonder if it has the cm theme changer. I wish it was a normal cwr flashable rom :-\

sent from my rooted nook color

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Well, as the thread title suggests, it's not REALLY CM7 yet, but since it will run on a different file structure, this flashable CWR is needed to make things in order to run CM7. And I think that since I am home now and a fresh cookies and cream milkshake in hand, I will try this out.

Be back when i have it running. :) (phiremod was nice, but it's prolly not gonna last 24 hours on my NC)

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
BTW I don't think cm7 has market and some gapps working on nook yet based on some xda posts but don't know for sure.

sent from my rooted nook color

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
<TRUMPETS BLARING>

Well check this out! I got me some CM7 loving going on!

$CM7_desktop.jpg$CM7_about.jpg$CM7_setCPU.jpg$CM7_apps.jpg

I went through the process and it was actually pretty painless. Everything worked first try for me, but I know that was probably just luck. I used a new SD card and was able to overclock right off the bat as well. Market works fine, and so far so go. I am going to install my apps from Titanium next and play around. We just might have the daily driver folks! (I wonder about the B&N books i bought though?)

Here's my diary of install:

I've attempted to improve these instructions, and have placed them in the proper thread here: Installing-Updating-Removing CM7

I will prepare a more detailed instruction set for just creating the ext4 SD if people want me to, otherwise, just follow the links in the OP and happy trails. :)

Last edited:

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
ps - does the paid version of titanium solve my issue of having to tap "install" and "done" for each individual app on a reinstall batch process?

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Good work! Like the back button they have implemented.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Yup, they put a back and a menu button to the right of the clock in the notification bar up top... now if I could just get that bar on the BOTTOM of the screen. :)

bratliff

Feb 5, 2011
Now I love cyanogen, but I just loaded Ubunto so I could get Honeycomb running with market root etc.. what do you think this or Honeycomb?

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
My opinionis this hands down. The support and features are worth it. However, this is a few days from real release still. But its working for me so far.

Sent from my NookColor running CM7_rc1

Nate Rules

Jan 14, 2011
So far I like this more than Phiremod. My corners were extra unresponsive so I did the Touch Recalibrate I saw somewhere. Now that is fixed. I love the back and menu buttons. My only problem so far, I can't find Zeam in the market. Anyone know why that is?

Also, thanks for the diary faceman. You are awesome.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
So far I like this more than Phiremod. My corners were extra unresponsive so I did the Touch Recalibrate I saw somewhere. Now that is fixed. I love the back and menu buttons. My only problem so far, I can't find Zeam in the market. Anyone know why that is?

Also, thanks for the diary faceman. You are awesome.

NP, that's what the thanks button is for. :)

People are having issues with certain apps not showing in market and it's a known issue right now. They are working on the market fix with the next release, or so I'm told. But we're on a nightlies schedule now so things should ramp up fast.

Nate Rules

Jan 14, 2011
My biggest problem with the NC was that the soft keys closed down phonemypc. Since this didn't come with softkeys i used button savior. Now PhonemyPc works perfectly. I doubt this is because of Cyanogen, probably soft keys. But freakin awesome. This makes my NC a much more valuable tool. Now I can bring up my home and work computer anywhere.