[REQ][RECOVERY] Recovery Image for MID 7,8,1024

WiR3D

Jan 11, 2012
I wanna get in on this, while i wait for steev to get back to me, since im joining the Thunderstorm development team.

I've got a Sansui lifepad Etab1000, which according to google is a coby kyros 1024n, thats what the model number says aswell, the goodix value doesnt match up tho, and it comes with the camera horizontally mounted and 8gb internal.

So before i get started i plan to make a few various comprehensive backups.
Any other advice anyone wants to give me before i get started?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
See the thread about reviving a dead Kyros, it will give you instrunctions about how to backup your u-boot, kernel and system files.

But if even if your board is a 1024n, due to differences in camera and internal memory, maybe other things aren't equal either. I wouldn't mess with it, specially if it's still under warranty...

WiR3D

Jan 11, 2012
If i can back it up and restore it, im willing to mess with it. The first thing is backing up, secondly identifying the differences, thirdly getting on par with everyone else. And then finally completing a ROM.

Sent from Sansui Lifepad etab1000 [Coby Kyros MID1024N] using tapatalk

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Not so easy... If you flash the wrong u-boot you will end with a permanent brick unless you open the tablet and have the correct u-boot for your model...

WiR3D

Jan 11, 2012
Eish.... knew it wasnt going to be so easy, I do remember reading that, by using steev's modified utscript i should be able to avoid that while im developing, correct or am i missing sumthing?

What i have identified is:
lcd=lp101
Goodix-TS 1-0055: Guitar Version: GT81XNI_1R05_18B

And apparently I was on crack when I was viewing the other image of the 1024, because our camera IS in the same position.
SO according to other posts it seems I have a rebadged MID1024N-4G ?

Oh and a side note, im a pretty decent Java programmer, and have experience with android, but very limited in Linux, and ROM development.
I'm also a perfectionist, so read 165874523456x and do 1x.

The thread your talking about is this one PROJECT: Reviving a Hard Bricked Kyros

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Yes, using steev's safe utscript won't replace your u-boot so bricking is much less probable... Just make sure you don't flash it by mistake.

I looked and your model indeed looks like a rebranded MID1024. Some models are being sold now with Gingerbread, and probably have a new touchscreen, but the driver seems to be compatible with old models as well.

Yes, that post explains how to backup u-boot, I explain later how to extract it. And later on steev helps about kernel as well (same thread IIRIC).

WiR3D

Jan 11, 2012
Sweet beans, thanks allot for the help. Really appreciate it.
Now the next step is for me to understand how the utscript actually works, and how to edit it (although ill avoid that incase i mess something up.)

I understand what it does but utscript in general is not something ive ever worked with. I thought it was plain text, but np++ shows some kooky header info.

Sent from Sansui Lifepad etab1000 [Coby Kyros MID1024N] using tapatalk

ray_jai

Feb 7, 2012
Hi, I've been reading this thread but it doesn't mention how to back up the whole SD image in a windows machine?
I tried searching and I can not find any information on this, can someone guide me to the right place?

I have a few questions,

1- I am trying to mod my rom (8024), and if I mess up, can I just flash with the image from the coby website? Or does that image require a preexisting coby rom?

2- If I can just flash with the image on coby's site then I wouldn't need to make a copy of the current internal sd card image right? If I ever need to go back to stock rom.

3- can someone try to help me find a program on window that can easily back up the internal sd if I need to? I already removed it.

Thanks

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
I had trouble with my 8024 not going past the COBY screen without just shutting off. I could re-load firmware from the COBY site because the 'recovery' still worked (home+power buttons). It now boots again. Not sure if that helps you BUT it seems if you can use the 'recovery' menu then you can reload firmware.

katish

Oct 3, 2011
Hi, I've been reading this thread but it doesn't mention how to back up the whole SD image in a windows machine?
I tried searching and I can not find any information on this, can someone guide me to the right place?

I have a few questions,

1- I am trying to mod my rom (8024), and if I mess up, can I just flash with the image from the coby website? Or does that image require a preexisting coby rom?

2- If I can just flash with the image on coby's site then I wouldn't need to make a copy of the current internal sd card image right? If I ever need to go back to stock rom.

3- can someone try to help me find a program on window that can easily back up the internal sd if I need to? I already removed it.

Thanks

1 - The file on coby website IS the stock ROM.
2 - No need to make a copy of your internal SD card - if you want to backup your apps, use titanium backup
3 - You shouldn't be removing the internal SD card.. all the ROM flashing should be done using the external SD card slot

djwillbtrd

Jul 21, 2012
Is there"s a recovery image for this tablet and if so, where can i download it at to fix the problem with mines....thanks

radix4use

Jul 28, 2012
Hello friends, I just wanted to reset my Honeycomb on my Haipad I extracts the files on the external mini sd card but after powering up it gave an error and then my dropad or haipad is not functioning, i can not see anything on screen it seems it is functioning while i connecting it to pc but it does not show any external hard drive. I guess i accidently installed the firware on the internatl mini sc so is there any way i can get back it to work? Please help!!!!