Rockchip 7 inch Android Tablet - Apad iRobot (Moonse E7001)

welkin

May 8, 2010

hey Welkin,

I noticed that you are selling these on taobao.com, do you have any in stock? And if you do, do you sell just the device itself without any memory card?

Thanks

hey seals81
yes i sell on taobao.com . i also sell on dhgate The Latest Apad Super Thin Super Light 7 Inch Android OS G-se...USD152.32 Wholesale Price at **********

but i have no stock now . you can see i write there. i will get them from factory directly at 15-may.The Adjustment of the equipment has comlpleted and it is producing now . just wait them out factory 4days later.
and i sell them with a 2gb card. and can pay some more to chang 4-32gb .

welkin

May 8, 2010
Thanks Welkin,

Could you help explain any bugs you found? How well do the apps work? Does gmail integration work etc?

Your's is the first report I've seen!

the bugs is movie can't play full screen . the apps works ok . but i did't test the gmail . now i have no samples in my hand . tomorrow i go test the gmail then tell you .
or if anyother one have the device and test the gmail . can tell us too

ZilverZurfarn

May 3, 2010
The Eken tablet seems to be a completely different beast from the Android "iPad" (or iRobot or aPad or moonse e7001 or...) discussed in this thread

May 12, 2010
I've order one from Shenit.com and it is due to arrive with me this week. Has anyone else ordered from Sheit? My brother got a Eken M001 from thgem last week and it arrived in very good time. He has done an unboxing video and put it on YouTube if you fancy a look. We will be doing the same with this when it arrives.

KingDani

May 1, 2010
as far as i know , no one got theirs problem-free.
as for android 1.5 , it is a fairly workable OS. you won't have troubles with it , it is a very user friendly OS in comparison to linux.
as for upgrade to v2 , well these devices all have 128mb RAM , and it is not an easy job to pub v2.1 on them, i think only Cyanogen managed to put v2.1 on resource meager HTC Magics and G1s.
i shall report back with more

cheers

Shazbot

May 9, 2010
Hey Welkin, I thought I'd give you a more precise english translation for your website. It might aid you with sales and help you to get your point across. :)

The Latest Apad Super Thin Super Light 7 Inch Android OS G-se...USD173.05 Wholesale Price at **********

Hi everyone, my name's Welkin. Today I'm here to introduce something amazing! We all know the hottest product this month, and that's the iPad!!!

Without wasting any time, lets talk about its many advantages. Steve Jobs is a genius, and he knows the future of the portable PC market. What we're looking to do is simply grab our iPad, browse the web, send our email, listen to music, watch movies and read eBooks; all on the go. The iPad is light, portable and has a long battery life. But Steve has left us with a few problems - the iPad is too big, it doesn't support Adobe Flash, there's no U.S.B and you can't change the battery. It seems like he's taking us for a ride. At $500 US it seems too expensive. I live in China, and here in Shenzhen where the iPad is manufactured, we know the iPad very well.

Did you realize how cheap you could buy an iPad here? $200 US is enough, you could save $300. Don't just pay for a logo. China can give you what you want at really low prices.

Here it is, but we call it the aPad. We'd never dare call it the same name, the
balding Steve Jobs has been known to sue anything the moves!!!

Lets see, how does it look?
7inch 16:9 screen. Super thin and light design, the unit measures 7mm-18mm, and weighs only 335g.

Let's open it!

As you can see all the Android apps are here. Throw away your notebook - it's too hot and too heavy. Don't buy the iPad, it's just too expensive for what you get.
Android OS is all you'll ever need...

Let's see what the android aPad tablet has.

The Google application suite are its' trump card, - Gmail, Gtalk, Google Maps are all supported. Want to read an eBook? There's a built in PDF reader. If your'e looking for mobile gaming, Raging Thunder and many more are available all over the net through your WiFi connection. There are thousand of apps available online, you can even get them for reading Word and Excel files. In the Android market place there are as many apps as you'd ever want. 50,000 apps and counting.

Now, let's see the processor!

It's a RockChip RK2882 600MHZ/500MZ DSP. This chip is famous here in China for playing mp4's, meaing it's good at playing music and movies. Listening to it, the sound quality's pretty good, but the movie playback is the best part. The aPad can play nearly all video formats. AVI, RMVB, MKV, VOB's, all play directly. Unlike the iPad where they need a a change of format.

Here's a pic of it playing a 720P movie, and it's very smooth. Yes, you can use it to watch HD movies.

For a tablet PC, how it views websites is the most important factor. Take a look.

Linking with wifi is a smooth experience and has a strong signal. Unlike the iPad you can use a
3G usb to connect to the internet. You don't need to pay $130 extra for the 3G version.

No matter where you're from or what language you speak, the aPad supports nearly all languages, even some local dialects. It's is so simple, every one can use it. Here's a pic of some of the many languages that are supported.

The aPad captures the fantastic design if the iPad and combines them with the incredible Android OS from Google. All in wrapped up with a low Chinese price tag.

If there were a 1,2,3 for designing a great tablet this would be it.

1.Apples looks.
2.Googles brains.
3.Chinese price.

Let's look at the packaging.

Here's the cute Android robot. USB cable headset charger included.

Lastly please notice: some people have been saying there isn't much stock around. Don't believe the rumors, the machines are in their final dubbing stage, and will be ready in less than a week. As soon as we have them we'll ship them. If you want one we can reserve them for you. Save yourself $200 US, go aPad!

Shazbot

May 9, 2010
Still a few errors but only small ones- why isn't there an edit post button :) The more of these that are sold the better, I'd like to see a hacking community form so I can get upgraded firmware!

davemon

Apr 20, 2010
I got my tablet yesterday that I ordered form lifengsihai, and I must say for $200 its a pretty sweet little gadget. I also must say that lifengsihai had great communication and once he got them in it only took about a week to get here. I'm still figuring things out, but here is some initial info and impressions....
The battery doesn't last real long with wifi on, maybe a couple hours at most. It came with the correct charger, so no trips to radio shack. I put in an 8GB micro-sd card I had hanging around, without an sd card I was quickly running out of space. It comes with usb cables and I was able to hook it up to my Mac and copy some apps to the sd card, will copy some music and vids when I have a chance. It has a G-sensor which works pretty well in the browser and gmail apps. I installed a dictaphone app and tested the mic, not super quality, but it does work. Android market seems to work pretty well if you check allow unknown apps in settings. You Tube plays videos small instead of full screen as Welkin was saying. I wonder if I'll be able to download an updated app once thats fixed or if its more of an OS thing. WiFi works well, no problems connecting to anything so far. The one thing that threw me off at first was scrolling, unlike the iPhone that I am used to, you have to press down, pause a second, then scroll, otherwise it sees it as a tap. There's an app in the market place called skyfire that lets you watch some flash video like yahoo movies, doesn't seem to work with hulu though....

That's it for now, if anybody has questions, I'll try to answer them....

Dave

May 12, 2010
Well mine arrived from shenit.com today. Much quicker than I expected.

Overall I am impressed. Much snappier than the Eken M001 I mentiond in my last post. The battery seems to take an age to charge but it was totally flat when it arrived so I guess a good long charge wont hurt it.

I can't seem to get portrait view when on the 'desktop' only in apps. Is the be design of 1.5 I wonder?

The WiFi has been brilliant, with no disconnects and connecting after sleep etc.

As with davemon, I will answer any questions you guys have. I'm going to do an unboxing video tomorrow so everyone can get a closer look.

Overall, considering the price, I'm impressed.

May 12, 2010
I got mine today. It seems to be in good working order. No problems as yet anyways.

I too was wondering about upgarding. As you said, 1.5 is a little light on fuctionality.

I can't seem to get a portrait veiw when looking at the 'desktop' but all the apps seems to change as I tilt the device.

It's pretty sanppy considering the megre specs. Overall I'm very pleased so far. Please bare in mind that this is day 1! I'm sure I'll discover more as time passes.

Any questions?

bitrate

May 12, 2010
Since I'm planning to use an android tablet as dedicated spotify player my question is if you guys have tried to install spotify for android?

bitrate

May 12, 2010
Yes you're right about that. I'm so used to spotify that I forget it's not world wide yet. Thanks for your answer thou.

Regards