Rockchip 7 inch Android Tablet - Apad iRobot (Moonse E7001)

davemon

Apr 20, 2010
I find that typing without mistakes is hardest part about switching between this tablet I just got & the eeepc 901 I used to use when chillin at night...

davemon

Apr 20, 2010
Another Thing I've found is when downloading apps from Android market it says starting download and sits there until I toggle wifi (good widget)

mtgoodie

Apr 11, 2010
Update on my unit.

It's been a rather frustrating week with this little device. The battery life is pretty bad (few hours) and the youtube app is still formatted for a small phone screen, so videos don't play in full screen or in anything other than landscape. The latest issue is some sort of debris under the first layer of the touch screen. Every time one area is pressed, the three areas where there is muck depress as well, making it very difficult to use. I've contacted the seller, lfsh to see if I can get a refund for the unit. While it seems OK it really doesn't have enough battery life for anything useful if it isn't connected to the charger.

Shazbot

May 9, 2010
Well, I had some great news today!!!

I accidentally bought a normal SD card off eBay, (forgetting that the aPad takes the mini ones), but it was too much hassle and poor form to try and get a refund, so I figured I'd wear the cost and try to find some use for it.

In a strange case of cosmic balance, I got an email from Ebay telling me the seller was dodgy, and I could get my money refunded. Ironically if I'd used a reliable seller I'd be stuck with a useless SD card.

I did have my reservations, but it was a great deal at the time! ;) How sweet is that.

UCDdude

May 14, 2010
Hello Everyone, I'm new here, but I purchased on of these Apad and when testing it, one of the USB, specifically the one to the right of the on/off switch, does not work, and was told by the vendor that it's for future upgrades. Is this true?

gurukos

May 14, 2010
Hello people! I am new here and i ordered one of those aPads/iRobot or iWhatever from Lifensihai from ebay. I received the unit a couple of days ago and I am testing it. My first impressions are very good for it's price. Ok, it's a little bit snappy or jerky on scrolling (sometimes - not always - but often). I believe that's because of the not sot fast proccessor (@600Mhz) but it's not so big problem at all (for me...). The construction, quality and materials are erm... ok (cheap) but fine. The unit shows that it's a demo machine (on the info) and who knows if sometime there will be an update to make it work better or upgrade the os to at least 1.6 or 2.x . By the way i say it again that for its price is a fairly good machine. I allready own an Acer Liquid phone with android and I am used to its superfast Snapdragon but for 200 dollars that i paid for that tablet i am also very satisfied. The only problem i got with it, is that the touchscreen does sometimes crazy things... Touch there and acts somewhere else... Scroll up or down and jumps left, right, anywhere... I sent an email to the seller and I am just waiting to see what wil do... Does anybody else have the same problem? I hope i didn't tire you with that so long post...

davemon

Apr 20, 2010
UCDdude,

I have only used the usb ports to mount the Tablet on my Mac desktop and copy files to the sdcard. It works fine with the one usb port but the one to the right of the on/off switch doesn't work for this. Question for you, do you know how to access a usb flash drive when its plugged into the usb port? Should I be able to access it with Astro filemanager and if so, where in the file structure do I look?

gurukos,

I have the same problems with the touch screen sometimes doing the unexpected, touch one place and it scrolls up or down, right or left, etc. I've noticed that this happens a lot when loading webpages with a lot of large pictures...

UCDdude

May 14, 2010
Davemon,

I have not tried too much, believe it or not, they sent me the unit with the wrong power adapter, so it's battery is dead for now. They are sending one out to me, so all i can do is wait and see. Unfortunately the unit does not charge through the USB.

davemon

Apr 20, 2010
It actually seems to cut down a lot on the scrolling jumping up and down or to the left and right if I use the back of my finger tip on the nail instead of my finger tip....

Shazbot

May 9, 2010
I got an email today saying this:

Dear friend, since we need time to check and test and adjust the item to make sure of its quality.
So your item will be send after about one week.
And we will paste the tracking number on paypal then.
The shipment is EMS which takes longest 10 days.
Nice day and beg for your pardon.

I wrote them a very blunt letter to see how they react. I think they are the same seller as Lifeshanghi, but on the Australian ebay.

gizmo

May 15, 2010
I just got my "iRobot" epad a bit over a week ago.. Received it within 24hrs from ordering it, lucky I am in China at moment :)

I have found the unit to be good with no problems whatsoever.

-The WiFi works fine, everytime I turn on the ePad it automatically recognises the network I use.
-The charger works fine and hasn't had any problems. Roughly lasts 3-4 hours
-Can easily connect to PC/Laptop via USB and copy files over to the SD card
-Fairly easy to get used to the functions. (unfortunately I didn't receive any instructions with mine)

I've noticed some sellers have advertised a webcam being part of the unit, but mine didn't have one included.

My only problem has been finding applications which are compatible. It seems most Applications that I have tried to install are not suitable due to the Android 1.5 OS or due to not using 3G. I have over 1000+ apps to try, but has been a bit of a headache getting through them all. Have installed Task Killer, Wallpaper Plus and few other games which work fine

Hopefully users on the forum that also have the device can gather a list of what applications work on the "epad Android iRobot"

gurukos

May 14, 2010
Hello everybody. After extensive testing of the tablet i conclude that the problem with the "jumps" of the touchscreen actions is the touchscreen. It really gets very frustrating and can't work on the tablet... It makes me mad. I can't type with the virual keyboard, i can't scroll on web pages, i ca't draw on a notepad app, i can't scroll a list of options, i can't move an icon... evey time the result of my touch is random. Jesus Christ is really getting unusable!!! Very disapointed... I only hope the seller can (and want) to do something for the problem (return and send me an othen unit, who knows...). @Davemon: even if i do the fingernail "trick" it does the same stupid actions. It's probably something with the digitizer and some areas of the screen (not everywhere). Hope there is a solution... greetings

Roboto

May 16, 2010
Hi everyone,. I see on ebay sellers selling supposedly 1.2Ghz Android Tablets, which on closer inspection turns out to be 600Mhz CPU with 600Mhz DSP. What is the difference between those and the normal 600Mhz ones? I was about to get one of the normal ones, but came across this thread, with all the problems people here are facing regarding delayed shipment and DOAs. How is the situation now? Has production finally ramped up?