Rockchip 7 inch Android Tablet - Apad iRobot (Moonse E7001)

dandroid

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
Welcome to the forum Roboto.. Can you post a link to the one your referring to?

Laharl

May 10, 2010
So has anyone got a good working model of the apad yet?
Anyone with the camera?
Can we get more videos or a review on youtube?
I want to buy one but could use more information before I buy one.

Laharl

May 10, 2010
I got mine today. It seems to be in good working order. No problems as yet anyways.

I too was wondering about upgarding. As you said, 1.5 is a little light on fuctionality.

I can't seem to get a portrait veiw when looking at the 'desktop' but all the apps seems to change as I tilt the device.

It's pretty sanppy considering the megre specs. Overall I'm very pleased so far. Please bare in mind that this is day 1! I'm sure I'll discover more as time passes.

Any questions?

Ok my first question is did you get the model with the camera?
What screen size did you get the 5in or the 7in?
Are you in the USA? did you get the android app for USA to work?
Can you post a youtube video review?
Thanks!

davemon

Apr 20, 2010
Gurukos,

Must be a bad screen or something, have you tried the calibration? Mines nowhere near as easy as my iphone but after practice not unusable. I do notice that hitting the spacebar too close to the bottom makes it jump or exit the app.

davemon

Apr 20, 2010
Here's some more info about the tablet now that I've had it for a while. It's definitely better for surfing, reading, veiwing, etc. then it is for typing on. Not terrible for typing in usernames, passwords, short email replies, etc. but a lot slower than typing on a netbook keyboard, I can even type a lot faster on my iphone.
I've had a chance to play with the audio and video players and create folders on my sd card for saving audio, video, pdfs, etc. Astro filemanger is a great app for that. YouTube ripper is a good app for saving videos from you tube on to your sd card for fast access. aplayer is a good app for playing videos, it opens into a file browser right to your sd card, so you can get to your videos fast. I found it because the default video players menus are in chinese and I couldn't figure out how to browse for files. the default audio players menus are chinese but it scans the sd card when it opens for audio files, and opens with a list of all the files, which is easy enough. To be able to save mp3 files from the web to your sd card, get the app "download crutch lite". I also use Express News, which is a decent news reader, in fact, I haven't needed a paid app yet. I also have apps for remote desktop, a vnc veiwer , and a citrix receiver app, all free from the market.

All in all not bad, but I think once the Notion Inks Adam comes out, I'll sell this and buy one of them. It has a capacitive touch screen like the iphone and ipad and these apads have resistive screens, which tend to work better with a stylus. The Adam has a bunch of other killer features too....

So I used the apad to write the short reply I posted before this, but I switched to my eeePC netbook to write this reply, just a lot easier that way.

davemon

Apr 20, 2010
Mine doesn't have a camera. I had ordered one from JTShop when the one I have now was postponed and I was gonna let it ship cause the specs said it had a webcam, 256MB RAM instead of 128MB, and 4GB internal drive instead of 2GB, but, the ones they actually received from the factory didn't have the camera and had the standard 128 RAM and 2GB flash, so I just cancelled it.

Core

May 17, 2010
Just browsing here so far, and this thread caught my eye... one thing I had to do was look up this fadichi1969 person...
Looking at his feedback, he only has 25 feedbacks as a seller, 13 of those are all from the same person 'jaafora' who, coincidentally, has only left 13 feedbacks, all for fadichi1969 ...

I like the looks of these iPad clones, but I'll wait for the Adam I think...

Core

davemon

Apr 20, 2010
Hey Core,

I like the one I got from lifengsihai on ebay well enough. He's been selling netbooks, etc. on ebay for a while and his feed back is around 97-98 or so. It took a while before he had them in stock but his communication was good, and for those that didn't want to wait, they got their refunds pretty quick...plus once he did get them I got mine in like a week from China, which i thought was good.
That being said, when the Adams come out, I'll probably sell this and buy one of those...

davemon

Apr 20, 2010
hey all, I need help here...

I reset the tablet to factory defaults and it came up in chinese and I can't read the menus to change to english!!
If anyone can help i'd appreciate it...gonna look at some pictures on web I need settings screen pics and language, etc...

seals81

Apr 22, 2010
Just browsing here so far, and this thread caught my eye... one thing I had to do was look up this fadichi1969 person...
Looking at his feedback, he only has 25 feedbacks as a seller, 13 of those are all from the same person 'jaafora' who, coincidentally, has only left 13 feedbacks, all for fadichi1969 ...

I like the looks of these iPad clones, but I'll wait for the Adam I think...

Core

Dont ever trust this fadichi1969 chap. First time I asked him a question about the product, he replied me with something totally random that I couldnt make up. When I told him I didnt understand him, He asked me to look at his rating which was crap in the first place..

gurukos

May 14, 2010
I allready own an Acer Liquid phone with android
Have you tried wifi (or USB?) tethering with aPad and your Liquid?

not m8, i haven't try it, because i didn't need it so far. by the way i will and let you know when i find time to do it...

@Davemon: unfortunately i 've done the calibration many times but seems to be problem with the digitizer... Now there's something more... I broke accidentaly, a small portion of the right-up corner of the glass of the digitizer and now can't touch the top (info) bar where there is the 'home' icon and such stuff... f@#%... I m trying to get in touch with the seller to find a replacement part and hope (if i find it) that the new one is going to fix the rest of the problems also...

thank you all anyway

greets gurukos

Roboto

May 16, 2010
Welcome to the forum Roboto.. Can you post a link to the one your referring to?

The 1.2Ghz tablet I saw on ebay can be found via android tablet 1.2ghz items - Get great deals on Computers Networking, Electronics items on eBay.com!

description shows CPU 600Mhz + DSP 600Mhz.

Just wondering whether there is any difference beyond price.
[FONT=&#23435]Processor[/FONT]​
[FONT=&#23435]CPU600MHz+DSP600MHZ[/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]Processor[/FONT]​
[FONT=&#23435]CPU600MHz+DSP600MHZ[/FONT]