[ROM - 1.2] Flashback - Honeycomb for GTAB - Alpha 7.1 (8/3/11)

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I'd like to try it without a data wipe. I will wipe all cache though. I'm doing 8 hours of overtime every saturday this month, so won't have time. I don't want to do it when i'm rushed and not have time to restore if i need to.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum
I think that's a good plan. I gave it two tries with only the cache wipes, but it wasn't meant to be (stuck at the FB screen). Did a full reset...and yep, now it's booting!

-Matt

tlbardelljr

Jul 12, 2011
I think that's a good plan. I gave it two tries with only the cache wipes, but it wasn't meant to be (stuck at the FB screen). Did a full reset...and yep, now it's booting!

-Matt

Now lets hope the wifi works!

Sent from my Flashback 7.1 using Tapatalk

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Good man ! I want to see your result. Tonight. Now. Absolutely no excuse. :)

Dave
OK Dave...

-- going through Google account setup (restoring backup data)
-- apps are automatically downloading :)
-- time to play with 7.1...

-Matt

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Now lets hope the wifi works!

Waitwaitwait...are you calling me a guinea pig?!?!?!?

Well, no worries. Wifi is solid! I'll put it to sleep and see if that creates trouble. :)

-Matt

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Great and happy for you !
I did a bit more digging but no dice, so before hitting the bed, just swing by and hope to see good news. Indeed it is.

Dave,

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Great and happy for you !
I did a bit more digging but no dice, so before hitting the bed, just swing by and hope to see good news. Indeed it is.

Dave,
So far, so good. It's kind of breath-taking to see my 50+ apps automagically downloading themselves from the market, but at the rate it's going, it'll be Sunday before it's done. :( Maybe I'm just a lucky guy, but it seems that 5.4 was just as quick/smooth as 7.1. I got 3500s with SmartBench today on 5.4...I'm looking forward to re-running it again with 7.1 and seeing if there's any improvement with the benchmarks.

EDIT: Wait, it just occurred to me that I'm downloading and installing a s###-load of apps. I know from my Droid that it won't run at full speed until that's done! I'll hold off on the speed/smooth impressions until tomorrow.

-Matt

Last edited:

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Great Matt glad to here it!

Ah now, THIS is interesting and newsworthy:

Stupid Zombies WORKS!!!!!!!!! :D Now THAT makes me happy!
EDIT: Button Savior WORKS! (Icons display correctly)

-Matt

Last edited:

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Alleluia !
And God blesses !

Finally, I resorted to 1.2.4349 nvflashing then followed option 2 installation.

The tablet booted up within a minute (faster that I ever seen on any FB version), and wifi connection to hidden SSID is solid. Application downloading is fast. The wallpaper is the best among all FB version. But I am picky here ! Why the wallpaper is not straight up ? Still have lot to do in restoring stuffs but that can wait for later.

Hope that everyone will successfully upgrade to this version. :good:

Dave,

P.S.

. Option 2 (Preferred method and most stable option) Flashback installation.doc
. NVFlash 1.2.4349 [RECOVERY] nvflash FULL restore, using either 1.1 or 1.2 based images - [G-TABLET] - SlateDroid.com (note: read the thread carefully and ask question if something seems to be unclear before taking action. Many failed with un-recoverable apx boot loop).

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Dave, that's great news! Glad to hear it worked out for you. :)

I'm curious what you mean about the wallpaper...any chance you can post a screenshot?

-Matt

Rags

May 22, 2011
I took the plunge last night and transitioned from 1.1 to 1.2 then loaded Flashback 7.1. At first, I could not get past the Android 3.0 screen (even left it for several hours). I followed the installation instructions to the tee with no luck. I even tried loading 7.0 which installed fine then updating (as per the instructions) to 7.1 and still stuck at the Android 3.0 screen. Finally, I found a post by Mr. Bardell that resolved all my issues. Once I followed the instructions in the post below, Flashback 7.1 installed without any issues and I was up and running in no time at all.

[ROM - 1.2] Flashback - Honeycomb - Alpha 7.1 (8/3/11) [G-TABLET\ZPAD T2] - SlateDroid.com - Page 59

So far, I have to admit that this ROM is pretty sweet! I will have to dig around as there are some inconveniences (IMDB trailers won't play...thought that had been fixed) but other than that it is awesome! Thank you Mr. Bardell for this excellent ROM and I look forward to seeing how it continues to evolve!

Last edited:

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Thanks Matt,

It was about the default wallpaper. There are a palace and a clock tower. Both are tilled 30 degrees to the right. Either the photographer was drunk, or Bardell was sleepy when the picture was taken and embed in the rom :)

Dave

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Thanks Matt,

It was about the default wallpaper. There are a palace and a clock tower. Both are tilled 30 degrees to the right. Either the photographer was drunk, or Bardell was sleepy when the picture was taken and embed in the rom :)

Dave
Ah, gotcha! Just found it...I think that's called "art". :) You know how to swap backgrounds, right? When I'm in the mood for a live wallpaper (though it's a resource hog), I really like the glass of ice water! There are some nice other options you might want to play with.

-Matt

tlbardelljr

Jul 12, 2011
Thanks Matt,

Dave

Maybe the photographer was sleepy and I was drunk :)