[ROM - 1.2] Flashback - Honeycomb for GTAB - Alpha 7.1 (8/3/11)

cdkelly5

Feb 8, 2011
Peter, Matt and Dave the three Muskateers, what would us humble nudges do with out your guidance, encouragement and occassional kick in the pants to move us in the right direction. I for one and humbled at your greatness..... Thanks for the assist, so Mamma does not beat me It might be Monday before I can get everything processed but I will let you all know how this evolution turns out.

joe_mcp

Dec 7, 2010
Not sure if this has been asked searched the thread but didn't see it... I am currently on CM7 (RC2 I think) can this be installed over that? I know there are some cwm issues for different roms...

Thanks!

Joe

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
You need to make sure you are on the 1.2 bootloader before you install that ROM.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Tablet Forum

mydave

Mar 21, 2011

HQ Youtube video introducing Flashback 7.2.
Games: FieldRunners, PVZ, Pocket Legends. SpeedX
HD videos
YouTube video's.
Reader apps.

FieldRnners game is as addictive as PVZ, LOL.
It appears that FB7.1 is a bit snappier than this latest version. I used the supplement version. Anyone else has a different assessment ?

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

joe_mcp

Dec 7, 2010
How would I tell if I am on the 1.2 bootloader? I just reflashed CWM and the bootloader today...

cdkelly5

Feb 8, 2011
OK just a quickie update, 7.2 is up running and I am very please all the way around except for one small thing. I have tried to get Swype running (ver 3.0). It is down loaded and installed but no joy. I had to go to Slide it on CM 7. Will that be the case here? Has anyone gotten a "swype Keyboard running on this thing yet?

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Hey, great news on getting 7.2 going. I don't think I've heard much conversation about Swype, working or otherwise. What happens when you try to run it?

-Matt

cdkelly5

Feb 8, 2011
Pretty much nothing, I have gone into the settings and selected it, which if you go to an app and locg press in a text field it should give you a pop up asking which input method do you want to use. It worked that way with CM7 and slideIt. Slide it is working so I will just soldier on using that one.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Pretty much nothing, I have gone into the settings and selected it, which if you go to an app and locg press in a text field it should give you a pop up asking which input method do you want to use. It worked that way with CM7 and slideIt. Slide it is working so I will just soldier on using that one.
Ah, OK. I'm like 90% sure the long-press method doesn't work in HC, or at least our version of it. I'm currently using Tablet Keyboard (free) and with a long press I get the cut/paste menu. Same result when I'm using stock keyboard. To toggle between keyboards, I notice there's a tiny icon in the notification tray--if I tap it, I can switch to another keyboard.

Well, my observation is 100% wrong if you can pull up SlideIt with a long-press, but if you can't, look for that icon (or something similar on whichever keyboard pops up first).

-Matt

xKurzx

Apr 21, 2011
i am confused wats the best way to install Flashback and which verision is best ?????????

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
i am confused wats the best way to install Flashback and which verision is best ?????????

The way I understand it is to be stock ROM, 1.2 bl, and flash through clockwork via update.zip. Version should always be the newest one available (7.2?). Bugs are usually dealt with that way. Flashing an older version has too many drawbacks, unless you are testing a bug, or doing fixes.

Sent from my LG OP V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Have you successfully nvflash'ed 1.2.4349 as we discussed previously ?
If you have, then congratulations to you.:)

As for your questions,
. To some people, 7.0 is stable and 7.1 + 7.2 behave erratic (they called it 'weird'). To my experiences, they both are fine, but 7.1 fares better in some scores.
. If you already have 1.2.4349 installed, then use option 2 in the original post [ROM - 1.2] Flashback - Honeycomb - Alpha 7.2 (8/11/11) [G-TABLET\ZPAD T2] - SlateDroid.com

Dave,

xKurzx

Apr 21, 2011
thanxs a ton dave n matt in a single nite i downloaded read studyed n is now running Alpha 7.2 with up to date Kernal n soon to have NETFLIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! major thanxs to all