[ROM - 1.2] Flashback - Honeycomb for GTAB - Alpha 7.1 (8/3/11)

beastman

May 8, 2011
Is there a Google apps for flashback for the viewsonic gtablet?

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

Vyper909

Aug 8, 2011
Hi!

I've just installed Flashback 7.1 yesterday on my Viewsonic gTablet and everything works GREAT, except for the BlueTooth:

I'm sharing my iPhone 3GS' Internet connection over BlueTooth and it works just fine on my Asus eeePad Transformer.

On the Transformer's BlueTooth "Options" Page (clicking on the Tool icon on the right of the Paired Device), under "Profiles", it says:
Internet Access
Connected to device for Internet Access

And on the gTablet, it says:
Tethering
Tethered

But the device does NOT detect any Internet connection.

Has anybody tried sharing a connection over BlueTooth? (or does anybody know why it's not working on the gTablet per se?)

Thank you!

Last edited:

etcurtis

Mar 23, 2011
I have a g-tablet and so rather than mislead you, there are ASUS Transformer-specific instructions on XDA-Developers.

Try: INFO - bluetooth tether TO Transformer - for dummies - xda-developersood luck!

Vyper909

Aug 8, 2011
Thank you, but I know how to proceed, it's already working on mg Asus Transformer...It's on my gTablet that I don't get the same result...And I'm using an iPhone, not an Android phone. It's not "that" different, but it's not the same. ;-)

cvosge

Aug 9, 2011
I can confirm that Bluetooth does not seem to work in the Alpha 7.1 firmware.
I can successfully pair (I've paired with a Logitech BT keyboard and a Samsung Galaxy S Android phone), but the actual connection then fails. BT keyboard never connects (but strangely enough the 4 digit security code required during pairing to be entered on the BT keyboard was received by the Gtab, otherwise the devices would not pair.)

With Galaxy S I tried to send a Contacts Vcard via Bluetooth in both directions (from Galaxy S to Gtab and from Gtab to Galaxy S) and in both cases I get a connection error.

Rags

May 22, 2011
cvosge, I am able to pair my BT headset without any issues so maybe you need to load a custom driver to get your keyboard or phone connected?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I can confirm that the Logitech BT Keyboard does work on Flashback 7.1, I am using it right now

cvosge

Aug 9, 2011
Rags and pbrauer,
thanks for your replies. After I found that I was also unable to send any emails from 4 different email accounts (which were configured correctly), I wiped the Gtab (caches, etc.) and re-installed the ROM. BT and sending email works fine now.

I can now transmit Vcard via BT and connect the keyboard. Have still an issue remaining with very frequent BT disconnects using "BlueGps" app to connect my cell phone's GPS to the Gtab. It connects and when it is connected it works, but disconnects randomly very very frequently, so GPS is basically not usable. This could however be an issue with the BlueGPS app itself.

The cell phone's GPS connects fine via BT to a notebook under Windows. (and stays connected) so the issue is not the cell phone or the BT app on the Android cell phone (which is GPS over BT).

cdkelly5

Feb 8, 2011
Finally got 7.1 installed super fast... but nothing is updating (market). several issues:

No CWM,still on boot. Tried to install as follows
Loaded update via PC and then went into stock recovery and ran update zip from sdcard. Failed..could not get back into recovery locked up at theVS birds screen.

NVFlashed 7.1 again. wiped data and cashe completed set up.

Logged into google account? nothng evem mail does not seem to work.
No mail has down loaded period
when I click onmarket I get Authenication required please log into google account.
With no Market i can not get titanium backup installed to restore the rest of my "junk"

How do I fix the CWM issue? Matt from other post you suggested using terminal emmulator to apply fix... I could not find a term emm app....

From all the posts that I have read, (not all 9 pages plus between slate site and here) Market should not be giving me pain in 7.1.

Do I need to back all the out and restart from zero. Reflash back to original 4349, caulkulins format all etc? I am pulling out my old S7 to calm the DT's

So far though very mpressed with this rom in speed and appearence, wish I could get the rest working so that I can use it a work again.

thanks forall of the help so far

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
@cdkelly5,

It appears that you <a> did not flash the CWM and <b> still had lingering data from previous rom.

The following steps worked for me and gave me a trouble-free installation:

1> Review this OP [RECOVERY] nvflash FULL restore, using either 1.1 or 1.2 based images - [G-TABLET] - SlateDroid.com.
2> Use 1.2-4349 based image gtab.nvflash.1.2.branch.20110617.zip (updated 6/17/2011). After nvflash, the tablet will boot up automatically.
3> Go to APX mode again, and nvflash the CWM 3.0.2.8 rev 5 using this command: nvflash.exe --bl bootloader.bin --download 9 clockworkmod.img.

The three above 3 steps provide the based 1.2 bl stock rom and proper CWM with it.

4> Boot into CWM and partition sd card 4096/0, then 2048/0.
5> Do the normal data wipe, dalvik cache wipe and fix permission.

The above 2 steps should erase everything on the sd card, providing a clean state to start.

6> Copy the FB 7.1 (post #32) to the root of the sd card then use this Flashback installation.doc to flash.

Post installation:
Some apps may require having an external sd card to download/install. Some apps, after being installed, may need to use 'move to tablet' option in the 'Settings -->Manage application' to stay installed.

There may be other methods or approaches to flash FB. But the above six steps were the ones that I used for FB7.1. Remember, this version is a major release and requires special flashing method in some cases.

Dave,

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Newer release 8/11/2011. Two ways to update.

. Flash the FB 7.2 supplement over the installed FB 7.1: Supplement.zip
Or
. Flash a fresh copy of FB 7.2: update.zip

Change Log:
(7.2)
Removed Gallery to prevent force close
Gallery added to /data for those that want it
Remove last row from app drawer for easier shortcut placement (thanks to mrguy)
updated cifs module

Dave,

cdkelly5

Feb 8, 2011
Dave,
Thanks for the quick replay this morning, I did use the 1.2 branch 20110617.zip file as I saw that it had CWM included. Not sure why it did not load.. No matter as for "Go to APX mode again, and nvflash the CWM 3.0.2.8 rev 5 using this command: nvflash.exe --bl bootloader.bin --download 9 clockworkmod.img." is this done through a command line? or do I need to down load? If so where can I find the link.

Do I need to run Caulkulins format all as well? If I can get CWM installed I think I can get the rest OK. Have already printed the other docs so that they are avail for the walk through on the install.

Do you and Matt ever get your feet wet as you walk across the water??? Have a great day and thanks for the support.

Will run the FB 7.2 update instead of 7.1 and let you know results.

Saturday morning@220 after carefully following the provided instructions and titanium back up parked up on drop box my Gtab has been restored- Matt, Dave and Peter. thank you so much for the support. everything seems to be working' just need to add lic for slide it key board and sync bt keyboard and i should be done.

Last edited:

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Dave,
Thanks for the quick replay this morning, I did use the 1.2 branch 20110617.zip file as I saw that it had CWM included. Not sure why it did not load.. No matter as for "Go to APX mode again, and nvflash the CWM 3.0.2.8 rev 5 using this command: nvflash.exe --bl bootloader.bin --download 9 clockworkmod.img." is this done through a command line? or do I need to down load? If so where can I find the link. . .

Yes, you do that in the CMD command line.
Or you could create a cwm.bat and paste the above command into it, save, then run.
Or you could use this info [Recovery BL 1.2] CWM 3.0.2.8 rev5 for BL 1.2 - xda-developers
Or this info nvflash4349rev3.zip
There are many ways to skin a cat. I used the cwm.bat that was mentioned above since I am more comfortable using my own way :)

. . Do I need to run Caulkulins format all as well? If I can get CWM installed I think I can get the rest OK. Have already printed the other docs so that they are avail for the walk through on the install.. . . .

'Calkulin format all' does not work with 1.2 bl unfortunately. Therefore, I use cwm's partition tool. Make sure to do 4096/0 then back to 2048/0. And when connecting to PC, the PC should see blank, nothing, na da on the internal sd card. Also do data wipe/factory reset, wipe dalvik cache and fix permission in hope that the tablet is in a cleanest state.

. . . Do you and Matt ever get your feet wet as you walk across the water??? Have a great day and thanks for the support.
Will run the FB 7.2 update instead of 7.1 and let you know results.

Oh, Matt is young, bright and adventurous. So he flies, not walks. I am, on another hand, hard head and old fashion so I always gets there last, LOL.:)

Dave

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
If you don't mind giving Dave's suggestion a shot, I think it's good idea. Not only a little more practice flashing but it will also give you a clean slate. :)

Regarding Market problems, if you see those after reflashing: go into Settings -> Applications and clear out the cache and data for Market (some also do the same for Google Services Framework; if so, do it for both copies). You can also go into Settings -> Accounts and Sync and clear out your account, then re-enter.

-Matt

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Just FYI - Flashback has been updated again to 7.2, and the dev put together a special new set of install instructions if you are having problems. Check them out over at slatedroid.