[ROM][6.0.1] Unlegacy Android 6.0.1/Lineage-13.0 For A2109 [2017-05-28]

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
Whenever I play a small or big movie, playback has some sudden stops for a part of second from time to time, something like when you play a scratched cd in your cd player, sorry I couldn't find the proper description(lag and shattering ) .

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

scissors99

Jun 25, 2016
HI PJBrs

This may only be my device, BUT..
when I plug wired headset in, the audio comes out of headphones and device speakers.
I tried everything but it still happens. I have resorted to buying the soundabout app and forcing it, as it's otherwise useless on commuting/flights.

Also, when plugged in to the charger it wasn't charging today. I have had to switch on my avast antivirus charge boost to get it to kick in.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
HI PJBrs

This may only be my device, BUT..
when I plug wired headset in, the audio comes out of headphones and device speakers.
I tried everything but it still happens. I have resorted to buying the soundabout app and forcing it, as it's otherwise useless on commuting/flights.

Also, when plugged in to the charger it wasn't charging today. I have had to switch on my avast antivirus charge boost to get it to kick in.
Is this on Unlegacy or on Lineageos?

Incidentally, I finished building a first nougat image, but I haven't gotten around testing it at all. My build host is booting irregularly?!!?

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Whenever I play a small or big movie, playback has some sudden stops for a part of second from time to time, something like when you play a scratched cd in your cd player, sorry I couldn't find the proper description(lag and shattering ) .

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Hmmm... How often does this happen? Is this on Unlegacy, Lineage or both?

scissors99

Jun 25, 2016
Is this on Unlegacy or on Lineageos?

Incidentally, I finished building a first nougat image, but I haven't gotten around testing it at all. My build host is booting irregularly?!!?
Hi
Unlegacy. Charge seems fine now, just Audio.
I also us Poweramp. This has pause and resume on jack insert, so the system does seem does recognise it happening.

yaka

Jun 28, 2015

Can't wait! If you send a link for your Nougat build, I am more than happy to test it for you! :)

joebine

Jan 14, 2015

I also notice that video playback problem with the Unlegacy build.

borandos

Jun 27, 2017
Device in use: Medion Lifetab S9714 (German "Vendor" of the Lenovo A2109)

Hi,
I'm eagerly following the progress of this ROM for quite some time now (since CM12 up to 13). The latest lineage-13.0-20170528 version now runs like a charme on my Medion Lifetab S9714. Performance better than ever and as stable as stock ROM.
My compliments to PJBrs and all the contributors to this board on your fine work bringing this 5 year old but still potent device back to life :).
You have my thanks.

RoachTheHorse

Jun 29, 2017
Hi @PJBrs

I just signed up to thank you for the amazing work done with the A2109. I have two of them, but the lack of software just rendered them useless and they have been on a sideboard for 2 or 3 years.

I've flashed both Lineage and Unlegacy. I agree that Unlegacy is smoother than Lineage. However, I am also experimenting the video playback issues mentioned by other members:

1. In Unlegacy, using the Web Browser video player (Chrome), the videos constantly slutter. That does not happen when using Youtube.

2. On Lineage, web browser videos are oppened with the pre-installed video player. Although the playback is mostly smooth, seems like there are some buffering issues. Youtube is no issue.

Another odd issue that I found is that flashing Gapps tends to deteriorate the smoothness of the tablet. That is more noticeable on Lineage. On Unlegacy, I managed to solve the issue by wipping the cache and Dalvik cache after flashing gapps, but that did not work on Lineage.

I'll try to test the Roms with my second tablet during the weekend and report back.

In any case, the performance of the tablet with any of the roms is light years better than the latest official rom from Lenovo.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Okay... So, the video playback issue. Indeed, I only checked on youtube (which had a performance but as well), I'll do some digging on that. I expect something strange with power HAL.

And the headphone issue is also very puzzling. I indeed could reproduce it, on both lineage (latest build that I didn't make public) and unlegacy, but only with my headphone, not with my headset?!?! I suspect something goofy with the audio HAL configuration.

Finally, I've installed my Nougat build and it doesn't seem too bad. Camera doesn't work, huge battery drain. However, working (cursory testing): audio (speakers and mic), EGL, all sensors (including GPS), wifi. I suspect that I'm running into some selinux issues.

RoachTheHorse

Jun 29, 2017
Yesterday, I re-flashed Unlegacy with Pico Gapps and installed MX Player. It might sound odd, but my reasoning was that perhaps installing MX player I could update the video decoders of unlegacy or force Chrome to use an external video player. Long story short, somehow it worked. The video playback issues are gone. I tried to watch videos thru Chrome and I had no lag or slutter at all.

Sent from my Robin using Tapatalk

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
About the video issue... I find it rather hard to reproduce. Perhaps once very four-five minutes I might see a 0.3 s glitch... Something like that is very hard to debug. How often do you see these glitches? What video player? What video? I can use Chrome, Youtube, MXPlayer and Google Videos (Star Wars ;-) ).

[EDIT]

I just saw @RoachTheHorse 's comment come in. Okay, I already have MXPlayer installed (with the Tegra3 codecs)... Hmmm... I'll need someone else to do some debugging over adb. Any takers?

Something along the lines of
Code:
adb logcat | grep -i power

or:

Code:
adb shell
while true ; do cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor ; sleep 2 ; done
[CODE]

(Note: these are only two lines.)