[ROM][6.0.1] Unlegacy Android 6.0.1/Lineage-13.0 For A2109 [2017-05-28]

yaka

Jun 28, 2015
Dear PJBrs, why don't you open a new thread like [ROM][7.1.2] UnlegacyAndroid 7.1.2 / Lineage-14.1 for A2109? Is there another forum where this Unlegacy build is discussed?

jlederma

Oct 3, 2017
Maybe I missed this in the previous 17 pages, but is there a way to resize the system partition on the a2109? I installed the latest UA 7.12 and had to install gapps pico because of space limitations...

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Dear PJBrs, why don't you open a new thread like [ROM][7.1.2] UnlegacyAndroid 7.1.2 / Lineage-14.1 for A2109? Is there another forum where this Unlegacy build is discussed?
No good reason at all :-/ It's just - I have had a devastating cold and way too much work on my hands. Also, since nougat is really almost done, I haven't done developing work these past weeks. Oreo is the next step, of course, but it'll take some time before those hackers that really know what they're doing have made sufficient progress for me to dive in as well ;-)

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Maybe I missed this in the previous 17 pages, but is there a way to resize the system partition on the a2109? I installed the latest UA 7.12 and had to install gapps pico because of space limitations...
There are ways of changing the partition layout, but it's hard, especially when you want to keep your apps intact, and it requires changing the basic structure of the ROM. "Solutions":

• Define different partitions at the kernel commandline that take precedence over the partition table that is hard-coded in the bootloader (if I'm correct), with the associated risk, of course, of destroying vital partitions (such as the bootloader, haha!)
  • Switch the cache and system partitions, since cache is actually bigger than system
  • Switch to a filesystem that spans multiple real partitions, and define cache and system mountpoints at the filesystem level (can be done with btrfs), but I have no idea how that meshes with the android updater / installer, or what it would do with system performance.
All in all, all these options require a lot of work and time, and since the smallest gapps work just fine, I'd rather spend that time on features and security. Of course, the sources are all there!

lospokedash

Oct 8, 2017
repo init -u git://github.com/Unlegacy-Android/android.git -b aosp-6.0 repo sync . build/envsetup.sh brunch ua_a2109-userdebug

can someone explain this for me please, I am new and want to install this Rom in my tablet :( , I already have it rooted and with recovery.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The quoted text is for people wishing to build their own version of this ROM on their computers, rather than waiting for the developer to do it. So if you're looking to install the ROM, you're not doing it that way. Instead, grab the zip from the first page of the thread and use that.

lospokedash

Oct 8, 2017
The quoted text is for people wishing to build their own version of this ROM on their computers, rather than waiting for the developer to do it. So if you're looking to install the ROM, you're not doing it that way. Instead, grab the zip from the first page of the thread and use that.

Thank you!

scissors99

Jun 25, 2016
Hi All,
I was reading android 7 ends up taking nearly twice as much of your ROM as android 6.
Is this true? Apart from the security patches, is 7 better for us than PJBrs' last android 6 build - considering the 7's are automated and I noticed the earplug sound still outout via speakers is back in...

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I noticed the earplug sound still outout via speakers is back in...

Damn, then I must have missed a patch somewhere...

By the way, the latest Marshmallow build of Unlegacy is pretty young too (21 October), and should be comparable, security wise.

scissors99

Jun 25, 2016
Cheers, had to factory reset, but marshmallow flying in comparison.
I'll keep an eye on nougart thread for development

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I'll keep an eye on nougat thread for development
I don't know why nougat doesn't go as fast. For what it's worth, however, the Unlegacy team have a set of kernel patches for Oreo support brewing, and they seem to make Nougat quite a bit smoother too, especially Chrome (in my completely subjective and biased experience ;) ). I'm not sure whether it brings us to Marshmallow performance, but I think it'll be a big improvement. In fact, these patches have just been merged in our stable kernel branch, and should be part of the next Nougat build (and presumable Marshmallow, but that will be a while).

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
I'll keep an eye on nougart thread for development
Just the video playback issue, hope get fixed soon.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk