[ROM] joenilan Ideos S7 Froyo Stable - (Android 2.2.2)

blade111

Jan 14, 2011
@joenilan

Ive been running the Indy 2.2.2 and everything has been great but I would like to try yours. My question is this, I already made ext2 partition and using link2sd. Whats going to happen if I flash yours on top of it? Will I lose everything? I really like link2sd over app2sd. How would you go about this, thanks

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
@joenilan

Ive been running the Indy 2.2.2 and everything has been great but I would like to try yours. My question is this, I already made ext2 partition and using link2sd. Whats going to happen if I flash yours on top of it? Will I lose everything? I really like link2sd over app2sd. How would you go about this, thanks

well i'd have to make a no apps2sd version i supposed, give me a bit of time, there are the older versions without apps2sd you could use for now until i get one made up. i'm sure you would lose you apps flashing over it though still, you can give it a go, just back up everything with titanium backup, then install the rom and install links2sd and titianium to get your stuff back on

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
New Recovery: CWM 2.5.1.8 by goodoane
i already download ....but i double click cant use..the huawei s7 cant to computer ..u got drive can detect by computer
u can teach me how to detech by computer?

try using the auto-install script at the top of the first post, this should guide you.
also make sure you have s7 drivers installed. LINK HERE

Last edited:

shankdub

May 4, 2011
Just wanted to say THANKS for your hard work, this tablet of mine has just made a huge leap in its coolness. Also, the psneuter root hack worked to root this device on this ROM. Going to get Cyanogen on there tonight as well.

cryl2020

May 25, 2011
hi! I recently installed the 2.2.2 rom Froyo Indonesia v1.2 without any problems! The only little problem and the virtual keyboard that I riconoscele words in Italian! I set the Italian language but continues to write in English! however, preferred the headboard huawei for larger keys without risking press buttons! You can install the keyboard huawei? thanks hello!
ps. English translation by google!

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
hi! I recently installed the 2.2.2 rom Froyo Indonesia v1.2 without any problems! The only little problem and the virtual keyboard that I riconoscele words in Italian! I set the Italian language but continues to write in English! however, preferred the headboard huawei for larger keys without risking press buttons! You can install the keyboard huawei? thanks hello!
ps. English translation by google!

the huawei keyboard is the first post now.

gstalnaker

Jun 5, 2011
Thanks to all posters & to the people who developed this patch. Yesterday I successfully upgraded my S7 using the information on this thread. Has worked flawlessly and I'm VERY happy to have a working Market again.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

dcartes

Jun 5, 2011
First off, many thanks to Joenilan, Goodoane, Tri_Zet, Xaueious, and all of the others who have put in so much time and effort into making this custom Rom available to myself and others so that we can all enjoy our S7's even more. Now, as for my progress, I have an S7-104, US BestBuy/RadioShack version with dual cameras and internal/external sdcard, which I have successfully updated with [ROM] Indonesian Android 2.2.2 for Dual-Camera S7 S7v100R001C98B021. I then successfully rooted using psneuter on Superoneclick. Lastly, I successfully installed Clockwork Mod 2.5.1.8 using CWM 2.5.1.8 Auto Install Script - by xaueious. I was able to boot into CWM using menu, send, and power buttons simultaneously. I downloaded and installed Ideos S7 Froyo v1.2.1 Stable - Apps2sd & New Framwork-Mod to the internal SD card. At this point, however, I got thoroughly confused as to what to do. I realize that I'm supposed to flash the S7 with CWM and the zip file I saved on to the internal SD card (Ideos S7 Froyo v1.2.1 Stable - Apps2sd & New Framwork-Mod) but am unclear which option to choose in CWM.

The following instructions were given:

1. Copy Ideos S7 Froyo[/B] v1.0 Stable[/URL] to INTERNAL sd card
75px-Toilet_Paper-icon.png

2. Wipe/Data Factory Reset
3. flash with Clockworkmod

I'm assuming step 1 should say "Ideos S7 Froyo v1.2.1 Stable" instead of v1.0. Also, I assume that after I have loaded the .zip file onto the internal SD, that I am supposed to then use cwm to perform a "Wipe/Data Factory Reset" before proceding to flashing. The last step says to then flash with Clockwork mod, (but doesn't say which option to choose in cwm to do that).

While I have just enough knowledge to follow concise step-by-step instructions, I don't truly understand the process/procedure, and therefore can't even make any educated guesses. Please understand that this is not a criticism of any of the directions posted, I was just wondering/hoping if someone could give me concise step-by-step instructions as to where I go from here. Everything seems to have gone well so far, and I don't want to mess anything up.

Also, once I get Joenilan's custom rom (Ideos S7 Froyo v1.2.1 Stable - Apps2sd & New Framwork-Mod) installed, do I then have to alter the internal SD card's partition to use Apps2sd? I don't totally understand the included instructions "Apps2sd Instructions
- Ext Partition MUST be on the internal SD card formatted as ext2 as a primary partition after your fat32 partition. Use easeus partition manager".

Thanks again to all who have made this possible for myself and others.

Best Regards,
DCartes-

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
First off, many thanks to Joenilan, Goodoane, Tri_Zet, Xaueious, and all of the others who have put in so much time and effort into making this custom Rom available to myself and others so that we can all enjoy our S7's even more. Now, as for my progress, I have an S7-104, US BestBuy/RadioShack version with dual cameras and internal/external sdcard, which I have successfully updated with [ROM] Indonesian Android 2.2.2 for Dual-Camera S7 S7v100R001C98B021. I then successfully rooted using psneuter on Superoneclick. Lastly, I successfully installed Clockwork Mod 2.5.1.8 using CWM 2.5.1.8 Auto Install Script - by xaueious. I was able to boot into CWM using menu, send, and power buttons simultaneously. I downloaded and installed Ideos S7 Froyo v1.2.1 Stable - Apps2sd & New Framwork-Mod to the internal SD card. At this point, however, I got thoroughly confused as to what to do. I realize that I'm supposed to flash the S7 with CWM and the zip file I saved on to the internal SD card (Ideos S7 Froyo v1.2.1 Stable - Apps2sd & New Framwork-Mod) but am unclear which option to choose in CWM.

The following instructions were given:

1. Copy Ideos S7 Froyo[/B] v1.0 Stable[/URL] to INTERNAL sd card
75px-Toilet_Paper-icon.png

2. Wipe/Data Factory Reset
3. flash with Clockworkmod

I'm assuming step 1 should say "Ideos S7 Froyo v1.2.1 Stable" instead of v1.0. Also, I assume that after I have loaded the .zip file onto the internal SD, that I am supposed to then use cwm to perform a "Wipe/Data Factory Reset" before proceding to flashing. The last step says to then flash with Clockwork mod, (but doesn't say which option to choose in cwm to do that).

While I have just enough knowledge to follow concise step-by-step instructions, I don't truly understand the process/procedure, and therefore can't even make any educated guesses. Please understand that this is not a criticism of any of the directions posted, I was just wondering/hoping if someone could give me concise step-by-step instructions as to where I go from here. Everything seems to have gone well so far, and I don't want to mess anything up.

Also, once I get Joenilan's custom rom (Ideos S7 Froyo v1.2.1 Stable - Apps2sd & New Framwork-Mod) installed, do I then have to alter the internal SD card's partition to use Apps2sd? I don't totally understand the included instructions "Apps2sd Instructions
- Ext Partition MUST be on the internal SD card formatted as ext2 as a primary partition after your fat32 partition. Use easeus partition manager".

Thanks again to all who have made this possible for myself and others.

Best Regards,
DCartes-

Last step for CWM is to install zip from sd card, then navigate to Ideos S7 1.2.1 zip file, select and let it work, then booting it up, you don't have to modify the app2sd for it to work, it looks for an ext2 partition on your internal sd card, as long as that partition exists, you will have apps2sd... if you need further help on formatting your sd card, send me a pm

gadgetuser

Jun 4, 2011
Hi, got rom manager v3 installed on my s7, but when I click into recovery mode I get the fastboot screen. How do I get to the recovery for options to install custom roms etc. Is it something to do with a recovery Img. Thanks

Sent from my Blade using Android Tablet Forum

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
Loving the new ROM. Just want to say thanks to everyone who has contributed to this. I installed on top of Norwegian, I am using the non-apps2sd version, all works really well. I prefer to use link2sd these days.