[ROM] joenilan Ideos S7 Froyo Stable - (Android 2.2.2)

femmyade2001

Apr 17, 2011
It should be the same process. Are you running into issues?

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

fachex

Nov 10, 2010
Thank you so much for your hard work!! My S7 came to life again! I love it. Just a question, there are people in this forum already installing partially Gingerbread. What does it take to do that? I mean, Huawei has to release it first, or can the devs work on a ROM for it. I am really excited about the new Gtalk with video support for Gingerbread..
Thanks anyways for what you do for the S7 community.

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
There are people trying to hack together cm7 for us... its a pain in the arse.... hopefully they get it working. Thanks for the comments! Music 3.0 was officially released today for those that want to update it... it'll be in the next version of course and its way more stable.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Android Tablet Forum

femmyade2001

Apr 17, 2011
Does anyone know if this will work on the s7-201 (capacitive screen version)?

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Android Tablet Forum

Seguro

May 13, 2011
There are people trying to hack together cm7 for us... its a pain in the arse.... hopefully they get it working. Thanks for the comments! Music 3.0 was officially released today for those that want to update it... it'll be in the next version of course and its way more stable.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Android Tablet Forum

Man, this sounds AWESOME. I hope they are going to be successful! I would absolutely donate or contribute somehow if they would get it to work. @joenilan thank you also for your great work. I really appreciate this. I will try your customizations this weekend.

Another question: Do you think it would be possible to make the statusbar smaller? Or at least hide it somehow permanently? I know LauncherPro has the option to hide the statusbar. But if you open another app like the browser, the statusbar comes up again, of course.
To me, the statusbar takes too much space in comparison to the size of the screen!

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
Version 1.2 released, new kernel, removed some apps for more space, as soon as i can get this stupid theming done... i will release that for you as well....

@seguro it would probably be possible by editing the xml linked to it, but i don't know too much about that, in other words it wouldn't be easy. and thanks alot for the feedback :D

mminbcn

May 16, 2011
Thanks Joenilan for all your work!

I flashed this version 1.2 from 1.1 without wipe and it worked. Only some user apps missed and system configurations but I restored them with Titanium Backup. Probably because I use the rom's apps2sd plus the link2sd app to move some some apps with their big big libs and caches.

How to enable multitouch and pinch to zoom on this rom:

As you know there are different hardware versions of Ideos S7. If you have the one with Capacitative screen and one camera in front and one camera at the back (dual camera) you need to do the following to enable multi touch.
Without doing it, only apps that do not use the standard framework will work with multi touch (like Dolphin but not Dolphin HD). By doing the following google maps and stock internet for example will have the multi touch - pinch to zoom too.

1) Create the file android.hardware.touchscreen.xml on your computer in the adb folder:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- Copyright (C) 2009 The Android Open Source Project

Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
     you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
     You may obtain a copy of the License at

http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
     distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
     WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
     See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
     limitations under the License.
-->

<!-- This is the standard set of features for a touchscreen that supports
     basic multitouch capable of gestures but not fully-indendent finger
     tracking. -->
<permissions>
    <feature name="android.hardware.touchscreen" />
    <feature name="android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch" />
</permissions>

2) Open a command prompt window and cd to the location of the new file.

3) adb shell

4) mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /system

5) exit

6) adb push android.hardware.touchscreen.xml /system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.touchscreen.xml

7) adb reboot

I found this solution on this post. Thanks xaueious!:
Not sure if the ROM supports it or not, but just glancing at permissions, it would have been disabled even if it was supported. So...

For multitouch, use dev tools touch test to see the number of points.

You will need root, and modify /etc/permissions/android.hardware.touchscreen.xml

And use the contents of this:
android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.xml - piraterum - PirateRum - Brin&#39;g yer a customized Andrrroid ROM. Arrr! - Google Project Hosting

Alternately try this:
NookColor Enable MultiTouch - nookDevs

Last edited:

jhsband84

Dec 14, 2010
Joenilan, I just downloaded your rom from post 1 again. Is that going to be 1.1 or 1.2? And after unzipping, it looks like it's a simple flash via dload folder on external memory, instead of a zip file for CWR. Is that correct?

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
Joenilan, I just downloaded your rom from post 1 again. Is that going to be 1.1 or 1.2? And after unzipping, it looks like it's a simple flash via dload folder on external memory, instead of a zip file for CWR. Is that correct?

you have to go down below the screenshots to download the 1.2 zip, the stuff at the top is for people on 2.1 still.

a newer version will be out tonight you may want to wait for that.

ALSO: IS ANYBODY HAVING A BUG WHERE YOU RESTART AND YOU MUSIC ISN'T IN YOUR LIBRARY ANYMORE??? I HAVE THIS PROBLEM AND TO FIX YOU JUST CHANGE THE NAME OF YOUR MUSIC FOLDER TO SOMETHING ELSE and IF IT DISAPPEARS CHANGE IT BACK, thats what i've been doing to solve the problems until i figure out what to do about it in the next release.

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
I have been on 1.2 since yesterday and it is working great. Have had no issues with my music files, in fact I am sitting here at work listening to it right now. Great work on this build again.

Now if we can just find a build of Netflix that will work. I have it running on my DX and it is great, but would love a little bit bigger screen.

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
I have been on 1.2 since yesterday and it is working great. Have had no issues with my music files, in fact I am sitting here at work listening to it right now. Great work on this build again.

Now if we can just find a build of Netflix that will work. I have it running on my DX and it is great, but would love a little bit bigger screen.

ok awesome thanks for a response, originially i had cooked in netflix :p but unfortunately didn't work, but the apk does work on my hd2, i don't get it... hopefully something happens

jhsband84

Dec 14, 2010
you have to go down below the screenshots to download the 1.2 zip, the stuff at the top is for people on 2.1 still.

a newer version will be out tonight you may want to wait for that.

I can wait!! Appreciate all your hard work. I've been running your first stable rom since the end of April and had no issues at all. It's fabulous!

question:
How is the best way to handle the app2sd partition I'm using now? leave it intact until I flash new rom or wipe it just before or just after and start over? I created a 1.02 GB partition and have 848 MB free right now. My internal is 116MB free (of 167).

Thanks!!

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
I can wait!! Appreciate all your hard work. I've been running your first stable rom since the end of April and had no issues at all. It's fabulous!

question:
How is the best way to handle the app2sd partition I'm using now? leave it intact until I flash new rom or wipe it just before or just after and start over? I created a 1.02 GB partition and have 848 MB free right now. My internal is 116MB free (of 167).

Thanks!!

well for the apps2sd you may want to keep the partition the way it is (don't wipe) and try my new version with it tonight, but there maybe problems with the new rom.

i'm switching over to the brazilian base to work with because there are reports it works on some of the s7 versions that my rom didn't, and i know the brazilian works fine on my s7, so with that said, i'm hoping to use it as a base so that more people can use my roms and get the same functionality out of the deal as all of us...

jhsband84

Dec 14, 2010
Another wow!! I installed the 1.2 rom this morning and most of my apps were still there!! Awesome! And talk about smooth and responsive. Haven't yet found anything wrong. Thanks a ton Joe!

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
Another wow!! I installed the 1.2 rom this morning and most of my apps were still there!! Awesome! And talk about smooth and responsive. Haven't yet found anything wrong. Thanks a ton Joe!

thank you very very much! updated again, there is a no wipe update to add the newest mod from zxhian. get it now... i you get bootloops let me know, i threw together the flashable zip really quick.

put the zip on internal card and flash with clockwork... its really nice.