[ROM] Ultimate Droid 3.3.0 on Nook Color (Gingerbread 2.3)

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
Mine was doing the same thing today. I wonder if it's something to do with the enterprise security? Don't blame this ROM though... My autorooted NC used to do the same thing. Getting IT to reboot the router usually helps mine.

I am not blaming the UD ROM for my connectivity problem at work. In fact, out of everything that I've tried so far, UD has the best WiFi connectivity at home, Starbucks, etc. I never had to turn WiFi on and off to get back online. It comes back on promptly after sleep and connects very fast. Something in UD and the WiFi settings that are being used at work is conflicting undoubtedly, because I was able to connect to all 4 of the networks at work with autonootered 1.1. or Nookie Froyo (although it wasn't as smooth as connecting to my home network).

I am definitely keeping this ROM :D

fyrebryan

Mar 10, 2011
so i had the same wifi problem where it would just say "Connecting" and then occasionally "Disconnected"
and i found the solution for it. apparently the network that you're trying to connect to (at home or starbucks or whatever) is higher on the list of the Remembered or Perfered networks. if you delete those networks (i deleted/forgot all of mine.. but there were only 2) magically the wifi starts scanning properly again and can reconnect to your wifi.

i had this problem going between my home and office wifi networks.... glad i figured it out because i was about to flash another rom to see if it still had the issues.

actually... i'm probably going to do that anyhoo... maybe phiremodv2 beta... or the new v5... or maybe honeycomb... just to fool around...
i'm waiting on my backup to finish right now so i can easily restore back to the UD 3.1.2 with all my apps and what not already downloaded...

anyhoo.. i just figured this out not 5min ago and thought I should post... now the question is... who's gonna report this to the devs over at UD?

Pyro6128

Dec 11, 2010
Set CPU does not play nice with this rom. Once I stopped using it my battery life went up significantly

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Last edited:

deim

Mar 17, 2011
Looks like you have a Dlink router? I had exactly the same problem - Nook with UD could not connect to my dlink (wpa2), but had no problem connecting to my second router - Asus.
Knowing, that UD is based on CM7, I found this on xda, applied fix, and - problem is gone, no problem connecting to dlink!
using root explorer go to /system/etc/wifi/ and find the tiwlan.ini file, at the top of the screen youll notice a button that says Mount R/W, click it. now press and hold on tiwlan.ini and open in text editor. go down about half way to find WifiAdhoc = 1 or something to that affect.
WiFiAdhoc is set to 1 on the cm7 builds but if you need change it to 0 for wpa/wpa2 will work.
Once that is set to 0, reboot, and connect to your internets.
Root nook color /install cm7/ fix wifi issue with dlink - xda-developers

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Set CPU does not play nice with this rom. Once I stopped using it my battery life went up significantly

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Despite a lot of comments to the contrary, this seems to be true with any of the CM7 based roms.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Despite a lot of comments to the contrary, this seems to be true with any of the CM7 based roms.

I can say that SetCPU and v5.0 did NOT get along.. I went through 50% of my battery in just a couple hours. Now I'm on v5.1, running the 1.1ghz kernel (the one from 3/16) and it's holding up much better.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Since I haven't played with Phiremod at all after first release, does it have the built in Performance->CPU controls like CM7 does? What governor are you using?

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
I can say that SetCPU and v5.0 did NOT get along.. I went through 50% of my battery in just a couple hours. Now I'm on v5.1, running the 1.1ghz kernel (the one from 3/16) and it's holding up much better.

Which one do you prefer? UD or phiremod 5.1? Thanks

Pyro6128

Dec 11, 2010
Anyone know how to fix video playback on this rom? Everything else is great, but when I play videos in rock player, the video moves slowly and the audio and video aren't synced. When I use flash in the browser, the audio and video also arent synced.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Anyone know how to fix video playback on this rom? Everything else is great, but when I play videos in rock player, the video moves slowly and the audio and video aren't synced. When I use flash in the browser, the audio and video also arent synced.

Video is the known biggest issue (aside from sleep of death) and is being worked out. Expect major leaps in the next two weeks.

Pyro6128

Dec 11, 2010
gotcha. Man, once video gets ironed out, this thing will be complete as a full fledged tablet. I can't wait

breebauer

Dec 6, 2010
I'm getting a force close every time I go into Settings ->Ultimate Droid

Any idea how to fix that?

I just want to add a notification bar...