[ROM] Ultimate Droid 3.3.0 on Nook Color (Gingerbread 2.3)

reebz

Apr 2, 2011
CWMR 3.0.1 is a update to version 3.0.0.5 and contains both 3.0.0.6 & 3.0.0.7, which are used for ext.4 roms. Combining them all makes 3.0.1 backward compatible to all current roms, therefore usefull to all. You will still sometimes see 3.0.0.5 installed in CWM rom manager and other places since that version was the last installed by rom manger. The 3.0.1 update is somewhat of an overlay. Hope that clears things up.

Happy Nooking. :)

It does clear things up. It's all working fine now, but I'll probably revert back to 1.1 ROM. I kind of miss the B&N stock reading app.

nikkai

Feb 27, 2011
Thoroughly enjoying this rom. But hmm, battery life seems to have taken a hit... Need to tweek my setCPU profiles I'm thinking.

Anybody have any to share that does well on their nook?

@ Rico - I noticed you have another kernel a part from the one included with UD. Does it make a difference/do you recommend it? Thanks!

Last edited:

DeeMat

Oct 19, 2010
Dizmatic, were you successful in your installation? Those were the same problems I ran into on a previous version of UD so I gave up for the time being.

Dizmatic

Dec 17, 2010
Seems like it installed ok but when it loaded up I kept getting the UD logo looping. I did a restore back to my 2.1 until I can figure out what issue I am having with this. I believe I followed the instructions correctly.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Thoroughly enjoying this rom. But hmm, battery life seems to have taken a hit... Need to tweek my setCPU profiles I'm thinking.

Anybody have any to share that does well on their nook?

@ Rico - I noticed you have another kernel a part from the one included with UD. Does it make a difference/do you recommend it? Thanks!

The kernel I list in my sig is the stock one for UD 3.2.0. I have great battery life since regardless of what rom I run, I always use SetCPU with set profiles. I haven't tried any other kernel on UD roms since Im happy at 925mhz for the time being but I'm fairly certain you can use Dalingrin's OC kernel "update-CM7-dalingrin-OC-emmc-032811.zip" since UD is a Android 2.3 rom. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...honeycomb-dalingrins-oc-kernel-2-25-11-a.html

I would of course make sure I had a good backup made on sd before flashing any new kernel.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Update to OP: UD 3.3.0 released

UD 3.3.0 Changelog
--------------------------------

Updated Kernel for:
Droid 1
Nexus One
Evo
myTouch 4g
G2
Desire (GSM/CDMA)

Increased sdcard read speeds on:
Nexus S
Nexus One
Droid Incredible
Evo
G2
myTouch 4g

Updated Device setup for:
Droid 1
Incredible
Evo
Nook
G2

- sync AOSP
- way too many fixes to list
- Increase readahead buffers on MMC devices & EXT4 tweak for /data (Jared Wechsler)
- Enable low battery alert sound toggle. (CEnnis)
- Make Mms SearchActivity reflect Black Background setting. (CEnnis)
- Compact carrier label layout option for notification pulldown (Nihanth Subramanya)
- Add option to choose in-call-style (Sven Dawitz)
- Updated WiMAX settings UI layout and added working signal strength indicator (Joey Conway)

Added tablet tweaks (honeycomb-like user interface and special settings for tablets)
Included features:
- Toggle status bar top/bottom via ud settings. Changes position on the
fly when setting is toggled.
- Moved carrier and power notifications to bottom for bottom bar
cannot make the notifications to appear aligned bottom. layout engine
drives me mad. if you got a solution, please feedback.
- Created "Tablet tweaks" menu in ud settings root to gather all tablet realted
options in one place
- Extended power menu with home/menu/back buttons. toggable on the fly via ud
settings
- Custom volume-long-press events (home/back/menu/call/end call/search/start-stop
-music/next track/prev track/longpress home)
- Added option to move soft-buttons left or right
- Added submenu to choose which soft buttons to display.
- Added Quick-Notification-Area-Soft-Button - instantly opens/closes notification
area since swiping it open is a long way on tablets
- Added a Dead-Zone option, so the middle of the status bar is not clickable.
Happend a lot before people click it when trying to hit space
- added search button to list of soft-buttons - its off by default
- added long-press to home, back and search soft-button

NCNoob

Dec 29, 2010
Can I load this on to a NC that is running B&N 1.0.1? I haven't updated to B&N 1.1. I understand that I will need to upgrade CWR though.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Can I load this on to a NC that is running B&N 1.0.1? I haven't updated to B&N 1.1. I understand that I will need to upgrade CWR though.

Yes you will need to make sure you have already made a backup of your system with CWR and then make sure you have the new CWR. It doesn't matter if you are on 1.0.1 nooter, you will need to wipe data and cache from recovery before installing this Rom. This will erase your entire system leaving just recovery. It is also a good idea to have a bootable cwr sdcard just in case, but that is just an extra precaution.

McBain01

Dec 29, 2010
Downloaded this one and was going to put it on my sdcard to upgrade but i cant get my comp to recognize the nook now. I have been on UD since it was available for the NC and have done every update so far. Currently on 3.2. Not sure why i lost usb access. Havent done anything to my computer or nook since the last update. Any ideas?