[ROM] Ultimate Droid 3.3.0 on Nook Color (Gingerbread 2.3)

MazoMark

Mar 1, 2011
Quadrant always locks up on the h.264 decoding. Seems to have something to do with DSP/Hardware acceleration not yet implemented. I believe this is filed under the "coming soon" banner.

BTW Mazo is beautiful I'm from MadTown originally but I am a long ways from there these days. Used to climb Gibraltar on weekends.

Damn - you broke the code. Better call my witness protection contact ASAP!

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Thanks for the settings. I am using SetCPU 2.1.1a. For the "charging full" in your post, I have "Charging, Charging AC and Charging USB" as options; I just picked "Charging" to cover all the bases.

What are the Priority scores that you are using for the above 5 profiles? Thanks!

-set screen off to 300mhz profile - 95%
-set charging full to 300mhz profile - 90%
-set battery at 60% to 800mhz profile - 85%
-set battery at 40% to 600mhz profile - 80%
-set battery at 20% to 300mhz profile - 75%

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I've been a UD donator and subscriber since Aug. I belive in paying for apps and roms and kernels etc as these are everyday guys who work their butts off to solve problems and put out quality products... I'm running nightly #3 and not looking back! Every nightly upgrades something and the UD team is putting out a lot of goodness our way with several of their Dev team owning nooks now.

Sent from my nc using Android Tablet Forum App

I agree, but I do not think that UD gives credit to CM, and it seems strange to me that their nightly is almost a night behind CM with certain updates (Bluetooth, etc). Just my opinion and we know about them...

I have seen the SetCPU on this do the same as what it does on CM7. It might just be my Nook COlor, but if you look at the Spare Parts App in Battery History, you will see that your NC is not sleeping after using SetCPU. That is the glitch. For now, I am back to running just the UD settings profiles and disabled SetCPU until this is fixed. Like I said, it may just be mine, but my NC was awake for 10+ hours yesterday without sleeping while I was at work with the SetCPU running. Will check today again when I get home to see without it running.

The glitch with SetCPU and CM7 is that when profiles are enabled it maxs the cpu. Does that happen with UD as well?

cvhovey

Mar 5, 2011
I agree, but I do not think that UD gives credit to CM, and it seems strange to me that their nightly is almost a night behind CM with certain updates (Bluetooth, etc). Just my opinion and we know about them...

I'm not trying to take any sides here, but there IS a lot of muddled history and I know that UD got banned from at least one forum for not properly giving credit to CM (that's some time in the past). But when I've occasionally gone to the UD site to see what they are doing these days, and doing a little digging, its not hard to find credit given for various features and tweaks. In fact, when I flashed UD for the NC, then going into Settings > Phone (or Tablet? ... I'm on CM7 n21 right now...hint hint hint), there is an extensive list of credits, with CM prominently listed and given credit for various features that are used in the UD ROM. My two cents is that UD flubbed bad in the past, but has shown their team is learning to properly give credit. Just saying and not defending anyone.

cvhovey

Mar 5, 2011
I have seen the SetCPU on this do the same as what it does on CM7. It might just be my Nook COlor, but if you look at the Spare Parts App in Battery History, you will see that your NC is not sleeping after using SetCPU.....

I had a similar experience ... more so on CM7 then UD. But nevertheless opted to have TiBu freeze SetCPU as otherwise it was chewing up my battery due to the conflict with the ROM's overclocking """feature""". Given my druthers, I wish both CM and UD would remove OC settings from their ROM or at least allow the option to turn off the built-in """feature""". Why? Built-in "generic" low-and-high-only, to me, is a big step backwards. SetCPU has profiles for a good reason that can be used effectively and is a proven app. Why create a 'crippled' form of overclocking in a ROM that does not allow CPU clocking at the higher end (screen on), clocking at the lower end (screen off), clocking down when battery is low, etc.? SetCPU already does all of that. That's just my two cents ... and don't flame me. The devs are doing a good job, just that I wish they'd nix trying to imitate SetCPU.

bkcdroid

Feb 2, 2011

I was not very thorough or eloquent last night after a 14 hour workday :). My real point is that whether there is a charge or not for certain things by certain Devs doesn't really impact me as I donate/pay for what I believe to be a product I want to utilize. The rest is just a pissing match, and, IMO, these get rather tiresome after my 9 months using android and trying to learn things in this and other forums... CM has dozens of folks working behind the scenes on developing various aspects of CM Roms and goodies. They undeniably contribute a lot to our android community, and by and large, a lot of products that are really good - and also seem to generate some relationship issues and have some attitudes that are not so good. Many (most) others Devs are much smaller and contribute to AOSP and other tweaks outside of CM - some of which show up on CM (with credit given), some of which don't - but anyway - too often it seems that some CM aligned folks are overly possessive of and protective of CM...
Sure BD, and Peter Alfonzo, and Davros, and MeticK, and Chevy1, and Cush, and others, use some CM AND use other things that are not CM... take a look at their credits that go into double digits as to contributors - Now I'm rambling - anyway -1) if you already donate/pay for waht you use, it doesn't matter and 2) look at the credits...

The glitch with SetCPU and CM7 is that when profiles are enabled it maxs the cpu. Does that happen with UD as well?

Yes, In my experience, it happens with ALL the GB Roms I've tried, UD included

cvhovey

Mar 5, 2011
Yes, In my experience, it happens with ALL the GB Roms I've tried, UD included

All the more reason I'd like to see overclocking removed as a built-in ROM setting. I use SetCPU on my Droid 1 running Gingerbread and it doesn't even show up as having any dent on my battery .... overclocking is not built into that ROM, by the way. Any one know the proper channel to suggest removing OC from UD and CM7? For at least CM7, bug reports are taboo on nightlies, so can't submit feedback that way. Not sure about UD. Devs obviously don't have the time to read every post in every build's forum.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
All the more reason I'd like to see overclocking removed as a built-in ROM setting. I use SetCPU on my Droid 1 running Gingerbread and it doesn't even show up as having any dent on my battery .... overclocking is not built into that ROM, by the way. Any one know the proper channel to suggest removing OC from UD and CM7? For at least CM7, bug reports are taboo on nightlies, so can't submit feedback that way. Not sure about UD. Devs obviously don't have the time to read every post in every build's forum.

I would wager, and someone correct me if I am wrong here(and I know you will:)), that due to the fact that SetCPU is a paid app in order to effectively have OC capabilities on CM7 with dalingrins they have to bake it in since it is a free open source build. It would seem rather silly to have the oc kernal available for free but then force people to buy an app to utilize that particular option.

Just my 2 cents.

gromano

Mar 17, 2011
Has anyone been successful with any type of video player at all? I have tried the stock player and doubletwist. They worked on nookie-froyo but not on ud 3.2.1. Also, Slingplayer does not work but that could be related to video playback in general.

Thanks - Greg

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
To my knowledge, the kernel installed on the UD roms (currently) comes with an upper clock limit of 925mhz but are not overclocked by default. One must set their cpu from 800 to 925mhz using SetCPU if they wish to overclock to 925mhz. If you wish not to use SetCPU, your cpu will be set at 800 mhz by default. Stock steppings will be the same as if stock NC kernel, 300/600/800mhz.

bkcdroid

Feb 2, 2011
To my knowledge, the kernel installed on the UD roms (currently) comes with an upper clock limit of 925mhz but are not overclocked by default. One must set their cpu from 800 to 925mhz using SetCPU if they wish to overclock to 925mhz. If you wish not to use SetCPU, your cpu will be set at 800 mhz by default. Stock steppings will be the same as if stock NC kernel, 300/600/800mhz.

If you go to settings/Ultimate Droid/Performance (OK)/CPU settings then you can set available governors - ondemand, userspace, conservative, performance. I choose conservative, as it steps up at demand one step at a time until demand is met, then steps back down one step at a time to the lowest possible. Ondemand steps up to highest immediately, tends to stay there until demand is met, then drops back to lowest... You can also set Min CPU frequency - 300, 600, 800, 925 and a separate setting for Max CPU Frequency at 300, 600, 800, 925. So, you can go for a 300 min and 925 max CPU and in my case, conservative governor, and have a 4 step cycle.
Default is 800, but you can also toggle set on boot and it reverts back to your chosen settings upon boot, not back to default. You do not need to use setcpu to accomplish these settings...

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
I am having a "great" time with WiFi at work! At home, NC connects to my home wireless network without any problems (WPA2). At work, we have 4 wireless networks available. #1 is completely open and it restricts to web traffic only, #2 and #3 are "open", but once connected, we have to enter a username-password combo to be able to gain network access. #4 is a "secure" connection and clicking on that network brings up a username-password screen. So far, I've tried connecting to all 4 of the networks with no success with my NC running UD. The status goes through "scanning-connecting-disconnected" and keeps repeating it.

When I had Nokie Froyo running on this, I was able to connect to #1 without any problems, #2 and #3 would "sometime" work (the login screen only showed up few times) and #4 worked as well. My iPod Touch is sitting next to my NC, and I dont even remember when I entered my username-password combo; it keeps my credentials and connects automatically when the network is in range (so effortless).

Has anyone have some sort of remedy or suggestions for the WiFi problem I'm having at work with UD? Have you guys tried it at Starbucks, Panera, etc locations where you are prompted to check a box agreeing to T&C?

Thanks!

bkcdroid

Feb 2, 2011
Has anyone have some sort of remedy or suggestions for the WiFi problem I'm having at work with UD? Have you guys tried it at Starbucks, Panera, etc locations where you are prompted to check a box agreeing to T&C?

Thanks!

What version are you on? One nightly had that problem as I remember, since fixed. I log onto a secure network at work, and at home, and multiple networks are avail in both locations - no problem here... I wonder - have you changed kernels?

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
What version are you on? One nightly had that problem as I remember, since fixed. I log onto a secure network at work, and at home, and multiple networks are avail in both locations - no problem here... I wonder - have you changed kernels?

I downloaded 3.1.2 from the main link in the first post of this thread. Since then, I haven't changed/updated the kernel or installed a new "nightly". When I click "about" under UD settings, I see 2.6.29-omap1 as the kernel version (build# GRI54).

As I mentioned, at home, I am fine connecting to my network by entering my password only once. At work, I can't even get on open networks.

Thanks!

Last edited:

aludal

Dec 12, 2010
I am very sorry, but I didn't read all the 17 pages in this thread, so I could just missed it. Can anyone post UD screenshots (lock and main screen) with indications of LCD density used, please?
Thank you. If there's a good UD on NC Youtube clip available, will post it to my blog.
--------------------
fineoils.blogspot.com