[ROM] ViewCOMB 3.2 - Honeycomb 3.2 for ViewPad 10s

Mar 20, 2012
Note: I have already read through all 113 pages of this thread and discovered that nobody has stepped forward to report this problem, so I have decided to be the first person to bring it up.

The Google Maps that is embedded inside ViewComb v6.3 works fine, no problems whatsoever.

But, has anyone got a problem with the latest Brut Google Maps(a hacked version of Google Maps which allows you to cache maps for offline use), or even the latest version of the non-hacked Google Maps crashing after 10 seconds of use on the Viewsonic Viewpad 10s, and forcing the tablet to auto-reboot by itself?

I have researched this problem and it seems that users of the Lenovo Ideapad A1 tablet are also having the same problem with the latest version of Google Maps crashing the A1 tablet and causing it to auto-reboot by itself, just like what I have experienced on my Viewsonic Viewpad 10s(3G), running on ViewComb v6.3 and with the latest Viewsonic firmware v1.11.

Apparently, Lenovo issued a firmware update that solved the problem of the latest Google Maps crashing the A1 tablet and causing it to auto-reboot.

My question is:
Besides me, are there any Viewsonic Viewpad 10s user out there experiencing the same problem?

It seems that the latest version of Google Maps, whether the hacked version by Brut, or the original non-hacked version from Google Play Store(formerly called Google Android Market) is causing the Viewpad 10s to crash and auto-reboot itself?

Looking at how Lenovo solved the problem on the A1 tablet, it seems that an updated firmware is the solution, but Viewsonic has not released any new firmware updates since v1.11, which was quite long ago.

The reason why I do not like the original embedded version of Google Maps which comes with ViewComb 6.3, is because I cannot use it offline beyond 30 days. Google Maps will automatically delete all cached map tiles after 30 days. Hence, I prefer to use the hacked version of Google Maps by Brut which allows me to use Google Maps offline forever. But the problem is, it seems that the latest version of Google Maps(irregardless of whether hacked or non-hacked) crashes Viewpad 10s, and causes the tablet to auto-reboot.

Any opinions from anyone out there concerning this matter?

Last edited:

VTW

Mar 1, 2012
I'm facing a some problems after installing rhe build 6.3. Now I can't get the USB-port to work. Neither my mouse nor my keyboard works, but it works on my computer. Anyone who have encountered the same problem?

wisseborn

Mar 22, 2012
Hey guys!

Got a little problem! My apps wont install directly to my SD-card.

Im pretty new to android but got lots of experience in the IT field.

Any idea how to install to SD? Not through the move to SD option.

I got Viewcomb 6.3 installed and an Viewpad 10s NON3g

VTW

Mar 1, 2012
Original manufacturer ROM updates for Viewpad 10s 3G / NON3G-WiFi can be obtained from the Viewsonic-Support-Site

The current 10s software update version is V1.11 : direct-link

Be aware that there is a package for the 3G and an other package for the WiFi Version ...

NEW:
added on 2012-03-20
Improved - faster download link working for me :

The current 10s software update version is V1.11 : faster-direct-link

Than you very much! =)

PaulE

Jan 9, 2012
You are a lifesaver! :D

one more question, I think this will be an easy one: what is the easiest way to close an app from running?

Someone with far more knowledge will give you a better reply but basically as I understand it you do not close apps.

It took me a while to get my head around it as a Windows user but in Android applications are isolated from each other and Android will leave them dormant in memory to make it quicker to access them should you need them again.

You can try and stop them in Application Manager but you will most likely find the OS just tries to restart them.

Paul

hzy

Mar 22, 2012
Hello iam new here and my english is not so good as well, but i´ll installed on my viewsonic 10s/3G Honeycomb 7.2... but my simcard doesnt work... my viewsonic tell me incorrect pin... :( can anyone help me??? pls ty

Rayman

Feb 28, 2012
Hello iam new here and my english is not so good as well, but i´ll installed on my viewsonic 10s/3G Honeycomb 7.2... but my simcard doesnt work... my viewsonic tell me incorrect pin... :( can anyone help me??? pls ty

... be aware, entering the wrong pin 3x "locks" your SIM-Card :)
You need the "super PIN" also called PUK (Personal Unblock Key) to unlock it again - but entering the wong super Pin more than 10x freezes the Card you will need a new one from your provider ...

I hope that this has not already happened !

Maybe your SIM is already frozen :-(

Does yor SIM still work in a cell phone ?
If not, what tells your cell phone about it (e.g. enter super PIN or what ever ... )

pspjoe

Mar 23, 2012
Hi,
I am having problems with Google Map crashing my viewpad 10s. After rebooting, the device wifi have errors and will not connect. I have to reboot the tablet again.
I love to have the embedded google maps working. Any help guys.
Currently using Viewcomb 7.2

Rayman

Feb 28, 2012
For updating to "Play Store" v3.4.7 try this : KlickMe

For getting WiFi working again it is better to power off the Viewpad than only to reboot it ...

Hope that helps !

johanjojo

Dec 21, 2011
Hello Everyone!

Ya'll still waiting for the 7.3 build? No need to!

Not want to throw all your hard work to the side Legionnaire, but i recently found the most stable ROM yet that works on the Viewpad 10s and it's ICE CREAM SANDWICH (Android 4.0)!! :D

Check the following link: [ROM][ICS](ALPHA 3)VegaICS: ICS for P10AN01(Advent Vega,POV Tegra 10.1,Viewpad 10S..) - xda-developers

It's really easy to install, just like Viewcomb. Download it (Developer post, click on source and you will be redirected to the download thread), hook your USB cable, do the back-power button sequence and click the downloaded file! It's that easy! (You can read additional instructions at the linked-to page)

Good luck! :cool:

Last edited:

sandiekid

Feb 24, 2012
hi I installed viewcomb ok all went well until google store was downloaded on tablet or updated ??
now when I try to go to store and find an app click install it gives me a message shutting down error send report.i didnt do the firmware update as I couldnt work it out but followed instruction to No 8 and think it was working fine till google store came on.
any ideas what might be my problem or how to fix it.
I just love the rom thanks so much for sharing it
sandra

johanjojo

Dec 21, 2011
hi I installed viewcomb ok all went well until google store was downloaded on tablet or updated ??
now when I try to go to store and find an app click install it gives me a message shutting down error send report.i didnt do the firmware update as I couldnt work it out but followed instruction to No 8 and think it was working fine till google store came on.
any ideas what might be my problem or how to fix it.
I just love the rom thanks so much for sharing it
sandra

Hello Sandra,

You can go to settings, then apps, search for the Play Store and then select it. Once your there select 'Remove all Updates', or something similar (mine is in Dutch so i don't know what it say's in English).

After this the Play Store should work again, probably it will update itself again, but then with no errors...

Ofcourse you can also update your Viewpad 10s to ICS 4.0, it works great! See how in my post above yours...

VTW

Mar 1, 2012
Hi! Big problem here!

I listened to johanjojo's advise about the VegaICS, and installed the ROM. It worked great for 30 minutes, but then suddely the touch-sensitivity went really crazy. In the end, it didn't respond to anything. So I tried going back to Viewcomb 6.3, botted, but no respons when I pressed the screen. I even went back to the originale ROM from ViewSonic, and I still get no response when pressing the screen? What do I do?? D-:

goonraiders

Mar 10, 2012
I've got a question.

Will ViewCOMB work on a ViewPad 10 Dual Boot?

Hopefully someone can answer this, as it looks like the most compatible Honeycomb build for ViewPad.

TifKag

Apr 17, 2011
Hi! Big problem here!

I listened to johanjojo's advise about the VegaICS, and installed the ROM. It worked great for 30 minutes, but then suddely the touch-sensitivity went really crazy. In the end, it didn't respond to anything. So I tried going back to Viewcomb 6.3, botted, but no respons when I pressed the screen. I even went back to the originale ROM from ViewSonic, and I still get no response when pressing the screen? What do I do?? D-:
Dont post that question here, but in the thread for that ICS Rom !!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, jojanjojo did not mention that it's an not so stable First Beta version.