[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

Bane66

Feb 16, 2011
Nice job with the rom. The screen does seem a bit more responsive now. What version of Aldiko did you install into the rom?

roberts1966sm

Feb 15, 2011
Just so you know l_n i finally got it working...........thanks very very much for your help!!
Robert (Rusty) .. now is if can only get google voice to work without force closing... does this right after i open it lol!!

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
The apps are the ones that shipped with the latest update. In fact, this is mainly just a combining if the two updates and the gapps zip. The framework changes were made just to see if it could be done, esp. since ninjamorph doesn't actually work on the kyros.

CoastalTom

Feb 12, 2011
Great work there l_n! That should save others a lot of effort. I put patience and tolerance high on your list of virtues. :)

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
Thank you for all of your hard work on this rom. I will flash it tonight and will let you know how everything goes. How about adhoc networking? Does this rom still bypass ibss networks....I hate editing the wpa supplicant every time I switch to tethering.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Again, tweaks will come. This is my first attempt at a custom rom, so I'm learning as I go. I'll try to get as many requests worked on as I can. :)

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
Again, tweaks will come. This is my first attempt at a custom rom, so I'm learning as I go. I'll try to get as many requests worked on as I can. :)

Thank you, if you need a tester, I'm here for you. I just wish I knew more about programming versus screwing around until it works, otherwise I'm willing to hep you in any way I can. Lmk.

Last edited:

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
hows it running for you guys ... I just installed it and I'm seeing something thats scares that cr ap out of me...I run task cleaner andi use the widget to kill runnning apps.. I also have Android assistant. My tablet usely runs about 75 to 65 MB free out of 154.12MB...I have the Adroid Assistant open after the install and i have 13.7 MB free right now... Is this considered Memeory leakage? Anyone else having these recordings? I'll browse the web and run some apps to see how it opperates... The screen looks good...

Had to change back... I play a game called virtual horse racing 3D sometimes and it tends to scip alittle but with this zip I couldn't even open it. The market and internet was ok. I opened my Engadget app and it loaded pretty quick. I try it again after the next update...

Last edited:

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
yeah.. i noticed some weird behaviour at boot. can you list what processes are running? i'm curious what's loading itself at boot...

i've removed some stuff that's in the market and am getting ready to re-zip and resign it. I'll have something tonight (i hope).

i'm having some issues repacking a boot.img to add the minfree hack from xda. i think i'm going to shelve that part for now.

Last edited:

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
i was afraid of that. that's why might was bolded. what you need to do is download zipsigner and resign the .zip file after renaming it to update.zip. the program is pretty self-explanatory.

i'll update the instructions after i test the new image i'm working on.

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Ok so maybe I did something wrong or lucky lol. I went back into my last backup and reinstalled it. (I think )... After install I rebooted.... So I ran the 3d horse game and it started and played as before... I opened up Android assistant and the MB stood steady in the 60's . But the screen density looks to be 200. and I noticed that quick boot is still installed. Then I look at the bar and see the battery icon still there and the WiFi symble.. As if i didn't really go back into my last backup... Or the update somehow stook and I really did go into my Backup...

Also quickboot doesn't work for me. It opens and I can tap the options and they light up but the tab doesn't reboot or turn off, nothing.

There were no processes running...

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Sorry about the quickboot. My bad. TCC8902 tend to shut off instead using those apps (ROM Manager does the same thing) on some models. You may have to wait till l_n fixes that to reflect what works for the MID7015.

adb reboot recovery is what I usually do.