Root and Gapps for Telechips, 7032,7034,7036,7048,8048

pmb1903

Nov 16, 2012
Sweet thanks for the update package vampire. This will save me a lot of time. So my 8048 is running kinda sluggish now since we tried everything we could to root this thing lol. If I system reset my 8048 will this update.zip bring me back to where I am now but without all the system lag? Also this process works for the 7036? As I have 2 of those also.they both have been played with a little but not dev wise just games and stuff should I reset those as well before I update them with this package? And will this fix play store apps being not compatible with my 8048 or 7036?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
And will this fix play store apps being not compatible with my 8048 or 7036?
It will work on your devices will not fix this problem, this requires more work, I have only made the modification for one person, he has a 8048. But that is beyond the scope of this thread.

Last edited:

Jaytunes

Dec 2, 2012
so I assume downloading the lcd modder app still won't fix the problem. Thanks again for the zip though

Jaytunes

Dec 2, 2012
Sry to annoy you, last post...whst if I change po.product to nexus s and po.product.manufacterer to samsun?

pmb1903

Nov 16, 2012
hey guys how come on my 7036 i put it on internal sd it says signature verification failed i downloaded it . put on desktopm renamed it to update.zip and then copied it to my internal sd went to about tablet,system updates then from internal storage. it reboots to recovery it says finding,opening,verifying,then E:failed to open /nand/update.zip no such file or directory,signature verification failed,installation aborted. i even went back to make surre it was on there and tried it twice, no luck

roncbee

Dec 3, 2012
Downloaded root_gapps_signed.zip. Installed on my Coby 7048 using the same instructions for the 8048. Installed fine. I now have Google Play Store. However, I have not had the opportunity to try it out at a Wifi hotspot yet. The tablet seems fine. Will let you know further developments if you wish. Thanks, roncbee

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
acidburn23 said:
to be honest i really need the firmware because i have a problem with my device the 2nd partition is missing i need to reflash to be able to use my 2nd partition i need to reflas this to remount my sd internal memo my friends suggested this

Don't post your problems here, you already have many threads on your problem, which has nothing to due with this thread.

roncbee

Dec 3, 2012
I had the same problem as pmb-1903 on my 7048. When I checked ESfile manager, it showed up in Downloads. Moved it to the root of my ext sd card, retried, and it worked fine. Best, roncbee

Last edited:

bigempty

Dec 4, 2012
Got a 7036 on Black Friday and I wanted to quickly say great work!! I made the mistake of not having wi-fi on during the setup process after the reboot but the 2nd time around was flawless :)

RobDrech

Dec 6, 2012
I registered a new account just to say thanks mang. Works perfectly on my 7036 and the google play mod is fantastic. I don't think I have ever seen an easier root.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!