Root for official Huawei S7 Android 2.2 Builds

king_of_fools

May 2, 2011
ok well I've run this 3 times now and i'm getting the same result, its saying my tablet is rooted but it isn't. It installs superuser but when i click yes to the little test at the end where it runs the su command i get no notification or place to approve the command, including in the superuser app and when i click the "allow non market apps" button it keeps saying "requires root" for each of the attempted commands.

any help? what did i do wrong? thanks in advance

*update*

OK i removed the battery and redid it again (I had previously unrooted to take out the superuser app until i figure this out) and it seems to be working, messing around with the wireless tether app for root users and getting the su approval prompt so i think it must be working now.

ps does wireless tether work for this tablet? I've gotten it to install and ask for super user approval but i can't see the SSID on my wifi network yet

K
O
f

Last edited:

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
You don't need an app for wireless tether. It is standard under froyo. Look under wireless settings.

Mr. Ed

May 9, 2011
FWIW- this method also works on the new S7 Slim (available at BestBuy now).

Did mine tonight...super easy.

Question though...the only version of clockwork I have found either does not work...or I don't know how to use it on this device. I can boot into recovery via quickboot...however once in recovery the volume and power buttons do nothing ie I can not navigate and execute the menu items like I can on my phones

Cocobean

May 5, 2011
I have same problem. Says rooted, installs superuser but no root acces apps work.
S7 104 dual camera (telstra t touch tab)
indonesian 2-2-2
app2sd - works a treat

aim to clock up speed
change dalvik cache

love this device. Crappy battery though.

----should set up pettition to pre order en masse- we could get some chinese factory to pump them out for us.!!! Thats the power!!!! -----

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

Apr 18, 2011
Soc confirmed working on norwegian 2.2 rom. Had to root twice. Apk method did not work for me though.

chan2011

May 3, 2011
Soc worked on the norwegian rom on the australian version. Only needed to root once.

docfreed

Dec 4, 2010
Just purchased s7-Slim at BB and you have to do a few things (grateful thanks to others who came before me and posted) - I'm just summarizing and one or two new things.

1. Must reset immediately or can't login to Google apps - after initial factory reset Gmail and Market are a piece of cake!
2. Root - after reading the SOC threads, I had a great deal of difficulty installing the USB drivers on my Vista 64-bit system (needs more research since I have not had any problem with an Acer Iconia (returned) and my Nook Color (keeper). So, I used Gingerbreak 1.2 - worked like a charm - just install the apk and root. Double checked by using Root Explorer to rename a system file (Huawei keyboard) and no problems.

Now, does anyone have info mon what apps can be deleted?

afandiphd

Jul 14, 2011
I have tried to root using Z4 root but failed on froyo.
Tried again using superoneclick , got error as the attached capture screen
What would be the cause

device: IDEOS S7 Huawei Australia $superoneclick.PNG

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
I have tried to root using Z4 root but failed on froyo.
Tried again using superoneclick , got error as the attached capture screen
What would be the cause

device: IDEOS S7 Huawei AustraliaView attachment 3196

Remove all instances of S7 (ie ideos) device in device manager, connect S7 and reinstall drivers downloaded afresh from Huawei site.
Rerun SOC.

co0led

Aug 20, 2011
can you please tell me step by step how to root the device? plus, could you post a new link for the drivers? those are broken... (btw... i didnt understand the adb thing)