Running 8042 From SD vs Internal Storage

dymedog

May 29, 2012
I am currently using no sd card in my 8042. Space is filling quickly. Im looking for feedback on the possibility of running it off an32gb Sd card. Are there any negative side effects? other then flashing the correct version of the Mobiz rom is there anything else that needs to be done? Do you suggest doing this? Thanks in advamce for the info and a shout out to vampirefo.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
The only downside for some people is you have to use adb in recovery to make backups and restore for sdcard method, instead of just point and click via cw recovery, cause point and click via cw recovery will only backup internal system and data. I make backups like this already so not a downside for me. I like to use class 10 cards as they are the fastest cards. You have to partition the sdcard correctly before you can use it and flash the correct boot.img, you would then have almost unlimited space your limits are your sdcard, not the 4 GB internal memory. A great side effect is your internal system is never bothered.

Also simply flashing back to the boot.img you had before you flashed the ds boot.img allows you to boot right back into your internal setup.

dymedog

May 29, 2012
Thanks for the input. I am on my way to get either an 8 or 16 gig card. could you tell me exactly how to partition them. also, once partitioned do I just boot into cwm and flash the ds rom? thank you once again- your a HUGE help!