Aurora ICS 4.0.3 Mobiz V.2 Modified to Work on Coby 7042 and 8042

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Fstab has nothing to due with it, could the ROM be at fault? Won't know til I test it. Are you using windows to send adb commands to the tablet? If so that could be a problem.

Works well on my end, will load this ROM as soon as I can and test. If you are using windows, try sending adb commands via Linux including webkey commands.

reddragon72

Jun 6, 2012
Actually I simply copied the file over and set the permissions.
But even the mounting apps are giving me the same issues.

OK I'll wait for you to see whats up.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
reddragon72 said:
Actually I simply copied the file over and set the permissions.
But even the mounting apps are giving me the same issues.

OK I'll wait for you to see whats up.

Just tried without script with this ROM, no problems mounting hard drive.
When you send commands to your tablet via webkey are you typing in windows?
I don't think windows does very well with adb. See CM10 thread problem came down to windows, same error your are getting on mount.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
What mount apps are you using? I want to test them. If they Mount drive for me, then problem is just on your end. I have ruled out fstab, ROM, and want to see if I can rule out mounting apps.

reddragon72

Jun 6, 2012
So I have two drives not just one And only one can mount at one time. In the store just type usb drive mount it should give you two of them both show two drives but only one can mount at a time. The apps evwn create the directories and everythibg but simply errors out when trying.tk mount the second drive.

I might try reinstalling the rom tomorrow night and see if that helps. Hate to do that because ill have to set everyrhing up again bit if it fixes it then itll be worth it.

Other that this your rom kicks ass! I am running an ftp web site media server webdav and gaming system. It is frign awesome!

reddragon72

Jun 6, 2012
Ok I officially give up. I have redownloaded the ROM and reworked the whole machine and I can still only get one drive to mount at a time. And just for sh1ts and giggles I tried to add to the vold.ftab and no go I cound not edit that thing at all. A tid bit more info, your usbmount creates usbhost2 directory but after reboot it is gone. I am moving to a MK808 on wednesday,(ordering it that is) but would love to keep this tablet up and running as a server so if you have any other ides that would be great, if not I think I'll attch it to another TV and use it as a media player.

reddragon72

Jun 6, 2012
Read all.of the first 5 pages all the info is in there.

And vampire can I get an md5 check? I think the upload or download might be pooched.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
reddragon72 said:
Ok I officially give up. I have redownloaded the ROM and reworked the whole machine and I can still only get one drive to mount at a time. And just for sh1ts and giggles I tried to add to the vold.ftab and no go I cound not edit that thing at all. A tid bit more info, your usbmount creates usbhost2 directory but after reboot it is gone. I am moving to a MK808 on wednesday,(ordering it that is) but would love to keep this tablet up and running as a server so if you have any other ides that would be great, if not I think I'll attch it to another TV and use it as a media player.

Yes usbhost2 is temporary, to make permanent you would add to init.rc and rebuild boot.img
I have no more suggestions.

Aug 8, 2012
Ok so I have both drives plugged in and tried this to mount them

mount -t vfat //dev/block/sda1 /mnt/sdcard/external and all I get is "invalid argument" for sda1 and "drive is busy" if I try sdb1

I'm at wits end on this.

That would be great!

Still wondering why that would not work since it works on other tablets and my Epic Touch 4G.

Out of curiosity, what kernel and Rom are you running on your E4GT? None of the kernel that I have heard of support usb host mode yet. I would be very interested in which ones you used. Thanks.

iralden

Dec 3, 2012
with the wifi problem on the CM9 i'll use this instead. is there a way to remove the volume controls tho?

iralden

Dec 3, 2012
its not there. i think the original rom had a separate zip file that was needed to be flashed to be able to hide it