SD Card Storage. . . can't access, nor can I download

TriplerSDMB

Dec 25, 2011
I'm working with the SD Card on my VTAB1008, and it's running me around in circles. On my laptop I'll copy & paste some files to a directory in the main root of the SD Card, but then when I go to open it up on the VTAB, it's not there. However, when I download things through the tablet, it stores them in a different directory that I can't see when I slide the SD Card into my normal laptop--it's almost as if there's a firewall directory that I can't get through. Is anyone else having this trouble?

I save books onto my SD Card, and here's the directory as my Windows laptop sees them

- .android.secure
- LOST.DIR
- Photos
- Rob's Books

I can't access "Rob's Books" through the tablet.

I download stuff via the tablet from the Internet, and I see:
- blahblahblah
- bhalbhalbha (not the real names)
- blahblahblah
- blahblahblah
- Books <-- this one I can access through File Explorer on my tablet.
- blahblahblah
- blahblahblah
- sdcard
- someotherdirectory

This is weird. Can I just not simply download things from my laptop onto my SD card for use on my tablet?

For info, I have not rooted the tablet, 'cause I'm not exactly sure what that does, nor that it would do me any pros or cons.

Thanks,
Rob

TriplerSDMB

Dec 25, 2011
What Vizio calls SD card is not actually the SD card but a partition of internal memory. The path to the physical SD card is actually /mnt/sdcard/external. Check there with your file browser and you should find the files you transferred.

Wow, works like a champ! Thanks!!

Rob