setcpu bug?

GaWd

Feb 18, 2011
I set up a profile for CPU temp, but the process is reporting 269000+ degrees C. Is there a workaround?

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Temperature profiles in SetCPU don't work and don't need to be set on the Nook Color b/c it doesn't use the cpu to monitor temp. The NC uses the battery itself. My NC reads 0C in SetCPU.

Note:
The NC uses a dedicated battery charger (MAX8903), which is completely standalone and doesn't need to cpu to monitor anything while being charged. The only control the cpu has is whether or not to pull 500mA or full charge current (1.9A from the driver) from the USB socket, and whether or not to charge at all. The MAX8903 connects to a temperature sensor in the battery pack and regulates or stops charging depending on the temperature.

GaWd

Feb 18, 2011
Excellent info Rico, thanks.

I had scanned through your setcpu thread when setting up my profiles, and obviously not read it well enough.

I wish there was a way to build profiles based on program being used-like the reader. Keeping CPU high for surfing and other things, while constraining the CPU to 300 while reading books seems advantageous. I guess a slight adjustment to setcpu would take care of that, but to do it by profilewould rock.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
If you followed rico's setup, you shouldn't have to worry about it...if the reader doesn't need full throttle 1.1Ghz, setcpu isn't going to give it...that is the ondemand part. If the reader asks for the power of course, it will throttle up to your max set

GaWd

Feb 18, 2011
I admittedly skimmed through his thread, but did make my settings ondemand.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
speaking of temps in setCPU, I noticed that on my CM7 build the temps seem to register correctly. I don't know if its being fooled or if the interface is fixed, but I can monitor the temp of SOMETHING in my NC now...

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Excellent info Rico, thanks.

I had scanned through your setcpu thread when setting up my profiles, and obviously not read it well enough.

I wish there was a way to build profiles based on program being used-like the reader. Keeping CPU high for surfing and other things, while constraining the CPU to 300 while reading books seems advantageous. I guess a slight adjustment to setcpu would take care of that, but to do it by profilewould rock.

I have posted some alternative settings further in the SetCPU thread at post #23 here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...19-setcpu-settings-nookcolor-3.html#post52675. Sounds like what you may be looking for for performance scaling. Give it a try and post feed back if you have any!