Synrgic Dreambook W7

patanplace

Jul 19, 2011
I have write to Synrgic because I have a nice brick after trying update to v25.
I also write to euogo.com asking about the processor speed. Euogo says that is 1gHz. I told that to Synrgic, and the answer from Synrgic is that they know sellers are doing this and they only "follow them"...

I want to wait to see how this ends, before give my opinion about the service of both...

Regards

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
I've tried every device keys combination (nd win7 and XP), but is not going to MFG mode... The only thing that I get is an ADB device in windows.

Don´t try to power up the device. Just connect it to a Windows XP SP2 machine. No mater how Windows identify the device, go to drivers and manually install the drivers included in the upgrade pack (read some topics defore for more info). Until you have the correct driver installed you can't do anything more.

If you have sucessfully installed the drivers, run the mfg toll and follow the instrution that you can find some topics above.

Don't blame the vendor or Synrgic. This kind of upgrade is not as easy as the SD type.

Last edited:

felipe

Apr 24, 2011
Thanks felipe, I have tried everything I can ( 5 hours ) and are ready to throw it in the rubbish bin Ha. Could it have anything to do with my OS Windows7 64bit, I'm really confused! Cheers

As Dreambook has already said, Windows 64 bit is not being friendly with this driver... I think we got the spot.

This is a nightmare. I've the same problem. It is impossible to get the recovery working, just an android logo.
I've tried every device keys combination (nd win7 and XP), but is not going to MFG mode... The only thing that I get is an ADB device in windows.

I was able to make an upgrade wher received the device, but after trying to make a new instalation I think that a wrong combination of wipes can damage the MFG or recovery .

Anybody found the solution?

Try pressing the reset button for more than 5 seconds (mine used to get hot even powered off after a bad update, suggesting that it was not exactly off), then charging the tablet. After charge completed, check if the tablet is cold. If not, you need to open the tablet and disconnect/reconnect battery (someone in this forum did that). If reset was ok, be sure you removed SIM card and SD card before powering up again. If none of these worked, try powering off with USB connected to a computer. I don't know the reason, but this worked to me more than once.

Last edited:

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
... try powering off with USB connected to a computer. I don't know the reason, but this worked to me more than once.

When I upgraded my device, after I do wipe for mfg, the device reboot and stay off. I connected it by USB to my computer in off state, and the computer even with the device off, detected it as a "SE Blank ELVIS". After this I only install the drivers (as said many times in topics above), configure de MFG tool, and click START.

Same for me, 800Mhz, wounder why so many places claims 1.0Ghz.

Marketing??? 1.0Ghz is a nice number for portable devices!

Last edited:

sarabvi

Jul 18, 2011
I installed the "GPS essentials" app and I can see how the GSP tracks each satelite.

thanks for the suggestion but "GPS Essentials" is not in the Market anymore. :(

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by mightyiam

Can anyone confirm cpu speed?

I have just checked the CPU Speed with "Android System Info" and can confirm that its only 800MHz

Processor: ARMv7 Processor rev 5
Hardware: Freescale MX51 Babbage Board
Frequency Range: 160.0 > 800.0 MHz
Current Frequency: 800.0MHz

Last edited:

Duds007

Jun 10, 2011
As Dreambook has already said, Windows 64 bit is not being friendly with this driver... I think we got the spot.

Try pressing the reset button for more than 5 seconds (mine used to get hot even powered off after a bad update, suggesting that it was not exactly off), then charging the tablet. After charge completed, check if the tablet is cold. If not, you need to open the tablet and disconnect/reconnect battery (someone in this forum did that). If reset was ok, be sure you removed SIM card and SD card before powering up again. If none of these worked, try powering off with USB connected to a computer. I don't know the reason, but this worked to me more than once.
Hi again felipe, well a little bit of good news after trying your procedure on my friends computer Windows 7 32bit we reached the point where the MFG Tool loaded drivers and gave Error message 0xffff0000 (-65536)-, as you said it might do, but all I got was a little Penguin on top left corner of screen with flashing cursor just below it. Tried to power on but no luck, pressed reset button >5 and penguin and cursor dissapeared. Tried again to power on but no go! A little closer Haha. Cheers

It would be to difficult to explain what I have done, but I have it working with 2.33, I'm speechless! I have noticed some big changes and I think maybe a few small issues, will update you and anybody else who's interested. Thanks

Last edited:

mightyiam

Mar 5, 2011
Can anyone please tell me what the size of the /cache partition in the 2.3 beta is?

You can check this via terminal with the command
Code:
df /cache

Thanks,
Shahar

felipe

Apr 24, 2011
Marketing??? 1.0Ghz is a nice number for portable devices!

Maybe it was 1.0Ghz in the past, and it didn't work well, so they changed to 800 Mhz. The same seems to be happening with the radio: it's there, but is useless. They removed on 2.3, but all sites will continue to show Dreambook with radio.

It would be to difficult to explain what I have done, but I have it working with 2.33, I'm speechless! I have noticed some big changes and I think maybe a few small issues, will update you and anybody else who's interested. Thanks

Very good! I'm happy I helped.

I have just checked the CPU Speed with "Android System Info" and can confirm that its only 800MHz

Processor: ARMv7 Processor rev 5
Hardware: Freescale MX51 Babbage Board
Frequency Range: 160.0 > 800.0 MHz
Current Frequency: 800.0MHz

I did not check the speed with 2.3, but I noticed that the speed was always 800 Mhz in 2.2. I guess that's the reason for a big battery like this to drain so fast.

kopeland

May 4, 2011
OK, I am just waiting to see if Duds007 will be able to fix his Dreambook. =) Now that it's ok, I'm so ready to try to upgrade to 2.3.

So I made this summary (copy pasted from Werk and Felipe), and this is what I am going to do after I fully charge the tablet:

0. Remove the SIM and SD cards.
1. First do a factory reset to device (back + power + home key)
2. Reboot
3. Next do a wiping for mfg
4. Reboot (after this the device don't power on, don't panic)

Upgrading to Android 2.3 using the MFG tool
1. Being sure that you tablet is charged (leave it charging overnight), connect to a PC with at least Windows 2000. (32-bit only on Windows 7, might also need 32-bit for lower Windows version)
2. Connect the tablet to the computer and try to power up. It probably won't.
3. Open the Device Manager (press Windows key+pause key, then Hardware tab, then Device Manager button on Win XP. May be different on other Windows versions).
4. An unrecognized hardware will appear, with an exclamation mark, called "SE Blank ELVIS". Right click on this device and choose "Update Driver".
5. Point the path of the driver to the Drivers folder on the MFGTool (assuming that you have copied the whole MFGTool folder to your computer ). (This should be the included in the Android 2.3 beta package)
6. After a few seconds, it will recognize your hardware as a storage device. Don't open it.
7. Open the MFGTool.
8. On the Configurations menu, choose "USB Ports" Tab.
9. Search and mark the USB port where the tablet is connected (something like "Freescale IM515" or such).
10. Click Ok to close configuration window.
11. The big button should turn green. Click it and wait until tablet is formatted and new files are copied.
12. There could be an error message at the end of the process. Wait a few seconds and disconnect tablet from PC.
13. Power the tablet up (press power for ~5 seconds).
14. Wait for the music, it scared me to death.

wish me good luck! =)

Last edited: