Synrgic Dreambook W7

kopeland

May 4, 2011
OK, I am just waiting to see if Duds007 will be able to fix his Dreambook. =) Now that it's ok, I'm so ready to try to upgrade to 2.3.

So I made this summary (copy pasted from Werk and Felipe), and this is what I am going to do after I fully charge the tablet:

0. Remove the SIM and SD cards.
1. First do a factory reset to device (back + power + home key)
2. Reboot
3. Next do a wiping for mfg
4. Reboot (after this the device don't power on, don't panic)

Upgrading to Android 2.3 using the MFG tool
1. Being sure that you tablet is charged (leave it charging overnight), connect to a PC with at least Windows 2000. (32-bit only on Windows 7, might also need 32-bit for lower Windows version)
2. Connect the tablet to the computer and try to power up. It probably won't.
3. Open the Device Manager (press Windows key+pause key, then Hardware tab, then Device Manager button on Win XP. May be different on other Windows versions).
4. An unrecognized hardware will appear, with an exclamation mark, called "SE Blank ELVIS". Right click on this device and choose "Update Driver".
5. Point the path of the driver to the Drivers folder on the MFGTool (assuming that you have copied the whole MFGTool folder to your computer ). (This should be the included in the Android 2.3 beta package)
6. After a few seconds, it will recognize your hardware as a storage device. Don't open it.
7. Open the MFGTool.
8. On the Configurations menu, choose "USB Ports" Tab.
9. Search and mark the USB port where the tablet is connected (something like "Freescale IM515" or such).
10. Click Ok to close configuration window.
11. The big button should turn green. Click it and wait until tablet is formatted and new files are copied.
12. There could be an error message at the end of the process. Wait a few seconds and disconnect tablet from PC.
13. Power the tablet up (press power for ~5 seconds).
14. Wait for the music, it scared me to death.

wish me good luck! =)

Ok, done and it was a success :)

and as expected, since I am on HD104, the damn charger indicator light wont turn-off.
wifi, calls, sms messaging, data are ok.
Calls using bluetooth headset/earphones seems to have improved.
GPG works, can locate my location. I will test later if i can get correct speed now.

Last edited:

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
Ok, done and it was a success :)

Congratulations! It's a new device now.

Yes, the double speed bug is still there. People at Synrgic said me that engineers are still working on this ROM. Hope the GPS bug is fixed when the official release comes out.

ash2dust

Jul 22, 2011
Hi There,

I recently updated to 2.3.3, and was wondering if anyone had the following issues:

I downloaded some games from the amazon appstore, Plants vs Zombies and Cut the rope, but it seems these games do not work. For some reason, part of the images are missing when playing these games.

Anyone had these issues before?

Thanks
Ash

ash2dust

Jul 22, 2011
Also, when trying to use the standard video player, when I press the menu button, the image of the video gets stuck in the background, till I manually kill the application.

Thanks
Ash

felipe

Apr 24, 2011
Hi There,

I recently updated to 2.3.3, and was wondering if anyone had the following issues:

Not specifically your issue, but I can't seem to find Mixzing from the Android Market; my favorite comics reader seems gone too. Strange that they appear when I access the Market from my mobile phone.

ash2dust

Jul 22, 2011
Try using the appbrain market app to download and find apps, it seems to work better.
Would anyone have a link to the firmware for a 105 Dreambook with the latest 2.2 version?

the one on the website now points to the 2.3 version, and would like to downgrade back to V25/v24 with 2.2

The 2.3 seems to have an issue with it's openGL setup, so not a lot is rendering/texturing correctly there.

Thanks
Ash

kopeland

May 4, 2011
Hi There,

I downloaded some games from the amazon appstore, Plants vs Zombies and Cut the rope, but it seems these games do not work. For some reason, part of the images are missing when playing these games.

Anyone had these issues before?

Thanks
Ash

i had the same problem with Plant vs Zombies on 2.2.

muddasar

May 11, 2011
Can anyone pls. post the download link for 2.3.3 for HD104? Official links on Synrgic site are giving errors.

Thanks

ash2dust

Jul 22, 2011
hmm..not sure because V25 was the last update for 2.2 before the beta 2.3.3 was released.

For 104 - Only Android 2.2 has been released. (v25)

for 105 - Only Android 2.3.3 is available on the website (v25)

Hope this helps.

You can try putting the 105 version on the HD104, but not sure what this will do.

Ciao
Ash

Duds007

Jun 10, 2011
Hi everyone, it's been a couple of days since some how loading 2.33 on my HD104 tablet. You all might remember all the trouble I had but ended up using V25 HD105 for MFG. I have found several issues with this version, battery life seems much shorter, charging light stays on when tablet powered on and sometimes just appears some time after it has been powered of, The keyboard seems smaller and the bottom row of keys are half missing on screen, I will try and find different Screen Launcher and see if this fixes it.
The Gps works but is very sluggish need more time with this and the Reboot Screen has a totally different layout with different options. One good thing for me is the Apps. are larger and easier for me to see.To be honest I prefer my earlier version but I'm not game to try and change.