The switch to CM7 not going so hot

Discussion in 'Viewsonic gTablet Technical' started by TTTony, Apr 21, 2011.

1. TTTony

TTTony Member

Tablet / Device:
    Viewsonic G-tablet
    Hey all. Well, I decided to move on from TntLite 4.2 this evening and give CM7 a try. I skipped the backup step since I was unaware at the time that I could have multiple backups. Whatever, no big deal. I already had CWM installed so I jumped right in to clearing things and applying the .zip(s) via the Second Method on the CM7 wiki. All looked great, but.....

Well, now all I have is the ViewSonic screen. Nothing more. It's been about 15 minutes now.

So, I went ahead and recovered my stock image and I was back in action...phew! I gave the flash to CM7 another go and still no luck. What am I doing wrong? I followed the directions to a "T".

2. TTTony

TTTony Member

Tablet / Device:
    Viewsonic G-tablet
    110 views and not a single reply. That just hurts!

The only way out for me was to nvFlash it and start over. Good learning experience....I guess.

3. pbrauer

pbrauer Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    Tony - sorry you didn't get any responses. It looks like you got it all fixed now though, right? You all good?

4. rgc6789

rgc6789 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Viewsonic gTablet
    Tony:

I had a similar issue the first time I installed it. So, the second time I installed it, I followed the instructions here - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...rkmod-custom-rom-flash-player-market-fix.html . I used Titanium backup to backup all apps and system settings the first time, but only backed up apps the second time - though this does not seem to be your issue here. I'm really loving the ROM so I hope you get it running.