Trying to Identify Kernel, Possible Overclocking Possibilities for DM7022 Radio

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi Guys,

Just to let you all know that Erisin have released the New ES779, This brings DVB-T mpeg4 to the range, this is important in Europe, while the ES778 with its DVB-T mpeg2 is fine in the UK, other countries such as Ireland (ROI) Italy & Bulgaria use DVB-T mpeg4
All DVB-T mpeg4 decoders can by default decode DVB-T mpeg2 so it makes sense to go for the new ES779 instead of the ES778 which will probably end production as it is no longer needed.
Here it is on Erisin's site,

Erisin ES779A HD 3D Car DVD Player Android 2.3 Tablet [ES779A] - US$368.00 : erisin.com

And on Ebay,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ES779EN-7-2-Din-HD-Car-DVD-Player-DVB-T-MPEG4-WiFi-3G-GPS-Android-PAD-MID-/320904422826?
pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item4ab764e5aa

These models are not suitable for use in the US which uses a different type of digital tv.

Mark

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi Guys,

Further to my previous post, I've discovered that the maker of these units (Winmark) have moved on to a new generation of carpad devices (DM7035), the main advantanges appear to be,
1) A slimmer tablet
2) A better looking main unit

You can find it here,

Shenzhen Winmark Electronics Technology Co.,Ltd

Mark

$2012430155215960.jpg

Last edited:

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi Steve

I dont blame you mate, the tab is 2.3, I would of expected ICS !!

Mark

Sent from my GT-N7000 (Samsung Galaxy Note that I've Slingloaded) using Android Tablet

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Im wondering if the new oversize tablet will fit the dm7022 / dm7033 main unit & why its oversize yet they state the screen size as 7"
Anyone got any more info ?

Mark :cool:

Sent from my Slingloaded Samsung Galaxy Note using Tapatalk

gpmg762

Jan 27, 2012
Looks like the 4 buttons are taking up some space, making it oversized but the screen is still 7".
Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi Podge3

Welcone to the forum & this thread,

Is a bluetooth dongle available that works with android or has android drivers ?

Mark

TDI_Votex

Nov 5, 2011
Someone in another thread reported successful use of a DLink DBT-122 bluetooth USB dongle with a Hiapad M7 Android tablet (Android 2.3.1). It did not work with my DM7022. Did not had time to test with DM7033.

Junjdm

Apr 19, 2012
Nope.

It took some time before I could test my GPS, I couldn't get any signal except when playing with the coax cable at a certain place. Find out that the cable was melted from the inside (Chinese quality?) on a two inch long section. Had to cut and splice.

After that, signal is very strong, but I also have the "twice the speed" syndrome, and time is also off. The app GPS Test (updated with the one on the market, not the original Chinese one) say that local is GMT.

Over that, I've been trying to implement the adhoc tweak for the wifi. I want to connect to a OBD2-WIFI adapter to run Torque app on my car. Up to now, no luck with the /system/bin/wpa_supplicant avenue. I will try tweaking the /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf file.

Edit: phone.apk, eoemarket.apk and ES_filemanager.apk deleted :cool:

I know that this is an old post but I'm having trouble with my gps only having signal when it wants to. I have the es777a unit and install it on April of this year and the GPS software IGo and Google Navigation worked perfectly un till about August that it would only work sometimes it wouldn't even have the icon on top. So my question to you is how did you know that the cable was no good from the inside out? Because I have tried several methods to get it to work and none has had a permanent fix. Also around where in the cable did it melt so I can check mine out.

podge3

Jun 6, 2012
Hi Podge3

Welcone to the forum & this thread,

Is a bluetooth dongle available that works with android or has android drivers ?

Mark
Thanks for the welcome, Mark.

Yes, I have used a BT adapter on some Android devices. It seems to vary from device to device if Android has the drivers installed.

TDI_Votex

Nov 5, 2011
I know that this is an old post but I'm having trouble with my gps only having signal when it wants to. I have the es777a unit and install it on April of this year and the GPS software IGo and Google Navigation worked perfectly un till about August that it would only work sometimes it wouldn't even have the icon on top. So my question to you is how did you know that the cable was no good from the inside out? Because I have tried several methods to get it to work and none has had a permanent fix. Also around where in the cable did it melt so I can check mine out.

Cable melt was not at a specific place. It could had happen at any place along the cable.

Just sliding my fingers along the cable, I could feel irregularity at a specific place, like roughness. If you have a multimeter, first check the resistance between the casing of the connector, and the middle pin in the connector. It should not be shorted, should read more then few ohms.

After I repaired the cable, everything was working fine, even in my basement. When I placed the GPS antenna in my car, no signal. WTF. I had placed the antenna under a steel reinforcement in my dash, and it was blocking the signal.

Try GPS Test app to check if you have reception.

Rchapoteau

Jan 25, 2012
Does this thread exist anymore? I can't seem to get to it.

Hello all!
There is the good news from Russia. One of DM7033 owners could made CWM Recovery 5.0.2.7 for DM7033.

Now we have two version of recovery.
v1: nand mounts as "sdcard", sdcsrd mounts as " /sdcard/tflash"
when you make backup from recovery - backup files will be placed to nand
v2: nand mounts as "sdcard", sdcard mounts as "/emcc"
you can make backup to nand or to sd

How to install:
1. put cwm5_hawst.img to sdcard (for example /sdcard/tflash/cwm5_hawst.img)
2. run cmd.exe
Code:
adb shell
dd if=/sdcard/tflash/cwm5_hawst.img of=/dev/block/mtdblock7
sync
exit
3. exit from cmd
4. turn off device
5. turn it on with pressed "back" button to enter recovery

link to russian forum - 4PDA

link to recovery ver1 - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40328912/CARPAD/cwm5_hawst-v1.zip
link to recovery ver2 - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40328912/CARPAD/cwm5_hawst-v2.zip

Rchapoteau

Jan 25, 2012
Are there instructions somewhere on how to do this?

Well I can confirm it works. Sucessfully changed my car logo to my number plate (that should help if it ever gets stolen .lol)

I also changed the Main Menu but as I said - Im no designer.

View attachment 6130View attachment 6131View attachment 6132

The logos work no problems. The main menu has a push down image that is still the original. No sure how I can change that as its not in the extract.

The unit seemed a little strange when I was jumping around menus testing (slower maybe - not quite sure yet - might try a reset as that usually helps after a rom load)

Will try some more changes and a reload back to original to ensure all is OK for anyone wanting to try.

Bottom line is if you want just a new car logo its a piece of cake. The menus take some mucking around getting the graphics in the right spot and replacing all the pushdown images is going to be an issue. Will have a look at the bin file and see I can work out how the images (mpegs) are encoded.