Trying to Identify Kernel, Possible Overclocking Possibilities for DM7022 Radio

Rchapoteau

Jan 25, 2012
Did everyone that got ODBII working in adhoc mode use the same file as spacey used? I just ordered an ODBII adaptor and wanted to get all of my ducks in a row. I might just use my old iphone instead to make my life easier instead of dealing with changing these files though.

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Does anyone have slow wifi problems?

Hi Steve,

I've not noticed any problems, I use my Note as a hotspot and I can stream video onto my dm7033 without stuttering.

Mark:cool:

Sent from my Slingloaded Samsung Galaxy Note using Tapatalk

Mibix

Oct 6, 2011
I posted early about finding a new app for my DM7022 seems they all wont stay connected to the satellite for very long. Its strange, google maps will work for about 5 min then it will say "lost gps signal" but it will still show my car location on the map it just wont do navigation. I tried many versions of Sygic and Aura but couldn't get them to load properly. It doesn't seem to be the same shorting problem as some of you described. Any ideas?

liton2k

Apr 22, 2011
Hello guys, I bought a ES777A and installed it. I did a factory reset from the PAD and now the DVD unit is not turning on it the PAD is into it. I made a video hope you guys will and help me with.

Last edited by a moderator:

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi Liton2k,

Welcome to the forum,

Try this, seperate pad & turn the pad on then turn on car & turn on main unit, now mount pads into main unit. this should sync car pad main unit into on position.
now turn off car & let main unit & (hopefully ) pad turn off, they should all shut down, do not remove the pad until it shuts completely off.
when ready to go again mount pad & turn on car (do not use on off button unless the main unit does not come on with the pad) avoid using unit on/off when ever possible.

This method works for me, btw if you get a mess screen during a incoming call, just press pad button to clear it.

Good luck & let us know how you get on.

Mark

Last edited:

liton2k

Apr 22, 2011
Thanks mate :D Now its working like before. It turns off and turn on again :D All good. I was also able to root as well. Using PowerAmp to listen music. Damn Its awesome. My car now looks great. My country do not have any MAP, so love to see Google Map on the car but sadly no offline support. Google is saying they will give this option soon. Can't wait :D Thanks to Satellitemark again. Your a lifesaver man.

Last edited:

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Thanks mate :D Now its working like before. It turns off and turn on again :D All good. I was also able to root as well. Using PowerAmp to listen music. Damn Its awesome. My car now looks great. My country do not have any MAP, so love to see Google Map on the car but sadly no offline support. Google is saying they will give this option soon. Can't wait :D Thanks to Satellitemark again. Your a lifesaver man.

Hi Liton2k,

Glad your sorted mate !

Please may I ask a favour of you ?
Please could you copy my answer along with a link to this forum & thread to your video on youtube, that will help people find us & help us to help other owners of this great car stereo.

best wishes & please feel free to join in & let us all know of both your success & problems.

Mark

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi Liton2k,

Thats great mate, I dont want people to think that the stereo is no good or they would be on their own if they have a problem !

Thanks again.

Mark

liton2k

Apr 22, 2011
Also I thought I should say, The PAD get's very hot. Hope it can handle this heat and do not fail on me. I wish to use it for a long time as the response from the PAD is very fast.

Indeed the stereo is very good but the audio quality is not comparable to my old Made In Japan unit. Its NHDN-W57 with a 10GB HDD built in. I loved it but only Japan GPS Map and its a pain for the SD audio(Need SD Juke box from Panasonic) to work.

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Also I thought I should say, The PAD get's very hot. Hope it can handle this heat and do not fail on me. I wish to use it for a long time as the response from the PAD is very fast.

Indeed the stereo is very good but the audio quality is not comparable to my old Made In Japan unit. Its NHDN-W57 with a 10GB HDD built in. I loved it but only Japan GPS Map and its a pain for the SD audio(Need SD Juke box from Panasonic) to work.

Hi Liton2k,

Yes the pad does get quite warm (& it might be worse in a hotter country !) but I've not had any overheating type problems I'm glad to say !
The audio output is enough for me, but I know if my son had it he would add a extra amp to boost it, It must be a age thing !

Mark
:cool:

liton2k

Apr 22, 2011
Hi Mark,

Yeah, Now its 36 degree outside. So its hot. :) All I hope it not to fail. Btw, about the audio quality, I think I can live with it. I also do not wish to put an amp into my car. Its just that the older one High's and Mid's were very good as well as the Low's but 777's High is Ok if I use PowerAmp Equlizer. The Low's are mind blowing. So Someone love bass, Its for you :D I think

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi Mark,

Yeah, Now its 36 degree outside. So its hot. :) All I hope it not to fail. Btw, about the audio quality, I think I can live with it. I also do not wish to put an amp into my car. Its just that the older one High's and Mid's were very good as well as the Low's but 777's High is Ok if I use PowerAmp Equlizer. The Low's are mind blowing. So Someone love bass, Its for you :D I think

Hi Liton2k,

Sounds good mate,
When I was younger I was well into car stereos etc, before I was old enough to drive ! My father used to bring home car stereos from his trips to the middle east & I used to help him fit them, they were custom installs as this was before the din standard !
Nowadays Im not usually so ambitious,but I fell in love with the idea of a android tablet car stereo & my wife got me one as present ! I have to say I'm really enjoying learning about it & using it.
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine (its like a new hobby for me ! since I got it Ive gone android mad getting a galaxy note phone & a A710 ICS tablet for my grandson.) This forum has helped me so much, its a real pleasure to help others in return !

Mark

liton2k

Apr 22, 2011
Hi Mark,

I'm not finished reading this thread but I can see your very active and help a lot of people here. You also helped me fix my problem. I must Say "Thank you" also think everyone here feels the same. You keep it up.

Cheers.