Unoffical CM9 ported from Christian Troy For CMP741E with gt811 LCD

t0mmyr

Jan 27, 2013
i just wanted to say thanks to agk4444 and all those involved in making this port/rom possible.

i flashed cm9_cmp741e_20130215-signed.zip over on my sons cmp741e yesterday and by c19932's calculations he was right, this rom is at least 9.45 million times better than stock

suddenly the tablet actually feels like a usable android device, it runs even better than my old wm6.5 touch pro 2 running ics off an sdcard. i loaded up a few good games for him and he was happily playing with his tablet all morning until the battery died around 12 in the afternoon, honestly i think thats a new record lol....gta played noticeably better and the acceleration steering actually worked this time!

chitown_

Jan 16, 2013
datnguyen: you have to boot in recovery mode to copy this file. At a high level, you will need to copy the signed zip file to the microsd card, boot into recovery, mount sd card and choose install from zip. There is a detailed section in a previous thread that discusses how to install & access recovery mode. Hope this helps.

wfg97079

Jan 14, 2013
Got a link to the detailed section?
datnguyen: you have to boot in recovery mode to copy this file. At a high level, you will need to copy the signed zip file to the microsd card, boot into recovery, mount sd card and choose install from zip. There is a detailed section in a previous thread that discusses how to install & access recovery mode. Hope this helps.

gaboo08

Feb 28, 2013
Thanks for the CM9 port. However, I noticed 3 problems so far. Not sure if anyone else have the same problem.

1)Accelerometer seems to be reversed? I downloaded an app called Test Accelerometer (I think that's the name of it) and noticed that tilting left to right makes it go up and down, and up and down makes it go left and right.
2)Camera does not work. Seems like it isn't detecting the correct camera.
3)Once in awhile when I try to run some app or check something in settings, the tablet would freeze and it would restart showing the CM9 logo.

datnguyen

Oct 20, 2011
Dear Chitown_
Read and look like you thow a life vest for me when nearly sink in Atlantic Sea!!!
Now I have to search topic you advised and download signed unzip.
But if you give me a short time, please answer another stupid question: Which button i have to press when power on to enter recovery mode???
God bless to you!!!

datnguyen

Oct 20, 2011
Dear Chitown_
Follow your instruction, i tried to press Power button and combine with other button (Volume +/ Volume - / Back) but after appear logo on screen about 5 secs, it power off!!
So maybe I press wrong combine buttons or my CPM741e had error??
Many thanks

gaboo08

Feb 28, 2013
Nevermind, I figured out the accelerometer problem. Had to set the rotation to 0 degrees. Still would like to have camera working if possible, since the camera worked with the original Craig firmware.

Thanks for the CM9 port. However, I noticed 3 problems so far. Not sure if anyone else have the same problem.

1)Accelerometer seems to be reversed? I downloaded an app called Test Accelerometer (I think that's the name of it) and noticed that tilting left to right makes it go up and down, and up and down makes it go left and right.
2)Camera does not work. Seems like it isn't detecting the correct camera.
3)Once in awhile when I try to run some app or check something in settings, the tablet would freeze and it would restart showing the CM9 logo.

gaboo08

Feb 28, 2013
datnguyen,

Did you follow this thread on how to install the recovery? http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/craig-tablets/53126-tut-how-install-gapps-craig-cmp741e.html

Below are the steps that I did:
-I downloaded both those files and the CM9 port for all CMP741E
-Extracted the clockwork recovery zip and placed the files in my internal SD (storage)
-Downloaded and installed a free android terminal app
-In the terminal app, I typed the following:
su
cd /mnt/sdcard
sh install-recovery.sh
sh reboot-recovery.sh (note: each time you want to go back into recovery mode, you will only need to type in su, then sh reboot-recovery.sh)
Once the tablet reboots, you're in recovery mode. Here you can do a backup, then install the CM9 port, then the gapps.

Hope that helps.

Dear Chitown_
Follow your instruction, i tried to press Power button and combine with other button (Volume +/ Volume - / Back) but after appear logo on screen about 5 secs, it power off!!
So maybe I press wrong combine buttons or my CPM741e had error??
Many thanks

datnguyen

Oct 20, 2011
Dear gaboo08
So thanks
I read and saw that

• First, Make sure your 741E is rooted, I am finding that a lot of 741Es are coming pre-unlocked.

To check this, download superuser from the 1mobile market and install it. This should tell you if you are rooted.

But now my tablet stuck at logo screen !!! how i can do that (copy to SD of tablet!!). I would like to describe clearly issue: My son and me tried to flash with software from Craig website with their instructions and after that it stuck at boot screen, we can do anything else!!! So sad!!
Anyway, so thanks Mr.Gaboo08 and hope you spend little bit of time to help us solving issue!!
Sincerely

Last edited:

datnguyen

Oct 20, 2011
A little bit progress!!
Dear guys, follow thread [741E Stuck on Android Screen], I tried to download 1 ROM as member Panor wrote

" have flashed it, still problem exists.encountered the same problem. I've tried a few other A10 Allwinner based ROMS however the touchscreen doesn't work:
At least you can install another ROM and at least with a USB hub use a mouse to re-enable debugging mode.
Gooseberry A721 ROM: Downloads | Gooseberry- An alternative to Raspberry Pi "

I downloaded this ROM and use PhoenixCard from Craig to build 1 miniSD card with this ROM image
Then insert this miniSD card into slot of my CMP741e for re-flash.
Now It crossed over boot screen and stop at Android screen of course I can't use touch screen to control!! Tomorrow, I will find USB hub to connect USB mouse and hope can control it
It's better now!! So any guys give me directions continued for re-flash with CM9/CM10?
Thanks for reading and helps
So please