USB Thumbdrive

scottsdca

Apr 18, 2011
You have to d/l an app like Linda filemanager or astro. What problems were you having with the GPS? I'm thinking about buying an Acer but want to get a feel for how people like it so far. What else can you do with the USB besides storage? Printing from it?

Sent from my Droid using Android Tablet Forum

motorxoom

Apr 28, 2011
I shouldn't need a program like that correct. I should be able to pull the Media App and those Videos should show up correct.

GPS is very sensitive and without WiFi you won't get Street View

Futant55

May 2, 2011
What type of video files are they? I had an .mp4 and 2 .avi's on my flashdrive and only the .mp4 showed up in the media app.

motorxoom

Apr 28, 2011
AVI's. Pic's should show up though. Does your USB drive show up under Settings and Storage

Futant55

May 2, 2011
yeah, I have an 8gbflashdrive and a 500gb hp harddrive and they both show up under external usb storage. To play my avi files im using moboplayer.

motorxoom

Apr 28, 2011
Yea both my USB drives even after reformatting don't show up at all. I usually use Rock Player to play AVI files. Hmm not sure why its not recognizing my drived

jenniju

May 5, 2011
I have a Sandisk Cruzer 32G flashdrive, it's already a FAT32 - as shown when I plug it into my PC. When I plug it into my Tablet, it blinks several times, then goes to a steady light, but I can't "see" or utilize anything on the flashdrive. I called Acer and was on the phone with them for almost an hour. They in the end, told me that the USB drive was not programmed and I would have to pay them $149 to have them help me.....

If my Flash drive is "already" a FAT32 when it was purchased, do you still need to "format" it?

Also, in the "storage" section of the settings, it says the USB is "unavailable"? Anyone else's say this?

UPDATE>>>>

My Flash drive WAS identified when I had it installed while rebooting.... anyone know if there is a fix for this?

Last edited:

mordor

Apr 28, 2011
Guys i have a sandisk as well, and it will detect if u have the drive plugged into the usb when u restart the tablet. ( off then on) not just wake from sleep.
I think its due to the autorun.inf that is in the drive. I cant get rid of it even after formatting. Have since switched to a toshiba drive and now its reading fine. Will let u guys know more when i fig out how to get rid of it.

drambler

May 7, 2011
I did the format and the USB shows up in the settings. But how can I access it. It doesn't show up in any file manager.