Viewsonic G Tab Owner's Thread

it2steve

Feb 16, 2011
I do have an issue, I have recently found an issue flashing ROM's in that the DATA will not format, it just locks up and sits there for 1/2 hour one time. I have tried everything I know and looking through the threads.
It also gives me problems with Titanium Backup I assume it is because DATA is corupt or something.
I have partitioned, formatted, etc...

Any ideas appreciated...

Have you gone as far as trying to format everything thru ADB or possibly a complete NVFLASH and starting from scratch? Hate to think you'd need to go there as it's nerve racking but wanted you to know there were other options?

pfd9100

Mar 1, 2011
Have you gone as far as trying to format everything thru ADB or possibly a complete NVFLASH and starting from scratch? Hate to think you'd need to go there as it's nerve racking but wanted you to know there were other options?

Don't really like the sound of that, (the starting from scratch is not bad, but nvflash bothers me) but I guess its possible. Thought about mounting it in Linux and seeing what is there (im a linux guy, not too good at winders)? I can mount it in winders and look all around, copy roms back and forth. It just says in ROM Manager that the sd must be mounted, and TI backup wont read the backup file. I can see it in winders or linux, but TI wont see it??

casyscan

Mar 9, 2011
Add me please......

Cassycan Washington DC.

I have been running in circles. Can I recommend a "Getting started link in the sticky that takes one to the step by step thread?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Add me please......

Cassycan Washington DC.

I have been running in circles. Can I recommend a "Getting started link in the sticky that takes one to the step by step thread?

umm....er....well....there is the New Users Start Here: sticky for viewsonic...http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...start-here-viewsonic-gtablet-tips-tweaks.html

Do we need to add to that? I have no problem with that, please just let me know what you think should be added/clarified/changed

it2steve

Feb 16, 2011
Don't really like the sound of that, (the starting from scratch is not bad, but nvflash bothers me) but I guess its possible. Thought about mounting it in Linux and seeing what is there (im a linux guy, not too good at winders)? I can mount it in winders and look all around, copy roms back and forth. It just says in ROM Manager that the sd must be mounted, and TI backup wont read the backup file. I can see it in winders or linux, but TI wont see it??

Have you just tried putting the ROM (recovery folder and .zip) on a micro SD and do an install that way?

pfd9100

Mar 1, 2011
I seem to have solved this issue. It seams that the /sdcard, /data, and /cache was mounting mid clearing, wiping. I dont know why, maybe something with bittrix as the /sdcard, and emmc thing screws me up with a lot of things. I re flashed CW, then went back to the update for Vegan 7. All seems well now!
I like the new beta, very smooth, market works great. Need to work on flash today(still have to make a living tho!)

elf310

Jan 10, 2011
Happened to be in my local sears store and they had a gtab in stock so i grabbed it, installed clockwork mod recover and Vegantab Ginger edition. Nice tab, runs circles around my sister-in-laws Ipad. Now I have the Gtab, S7, and Nexus One.

bricks

Mar 18, 2011
You can add me to the list of owners. TX, USA. I bought my Gtab back before Christmas at Sears for $349.99. It has remained stock until today, when I installed TNT Harmony and I love it even more! I know nothing about Android OS, but with the stuff I found at this forum and XDA site, it was a snap!

Thanks.

probikewrench

Mar 18, 2011
Just got mine today. Can't wait to get this thing figured out. May need some help with the mods, as I'm new to all that stuff.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Welcome probike!

Cheers,
P

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using the Android Tablet app!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Peaceman, welcome to the club!

Cheers,
P

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using the Android Tablet app!

rayw796

Dec 9, 2010
Had mine since Dec. Have tried CM, VegaN, TnT Lite. Liked feel of TnT best so stayed with it through 5.1 when it became TwoTapsX v .9.1.