Viewsonic G Tab Owner's Thread

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Hi, I am expecting to receive one from Amazon tomorrow. This is for our daughter after her frustration with iPad and Archos 101 which did not allow watching flash & mp4 video online.

A few newbie questions please, since she is not really tech inclined and we live several states apart.
1. I was thinking of TnT lite 4.2.5 (unless there is a more stable rom version) ?
2. With the great amount of apps, can & how they can be organized into folders (such as a folder for book, another one for games, and for video, etc. .) ?
3. Can and how we can set up where an app be installed, on internal memory or external microsd card?
4. Is there a list of known working apps and games for the Viewsonic G Tablet ?
Thanks greatly for any advises.
Dave,

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Hi, I am expecting to receive one from Amazon tomorrow. This is for our daughter after her frustration with iPad and Archos 101 which did not allow watching flash & mp4 video online.

A few newbie questions please, since she is not really tech inclined and we live several states apart.
1. I was thinking of TnT lite 4.2.5 (unless there is a more stable rom version) ?
2. With the great amount of apps, can & how they can be organized into folders (such as a folder for book, another one for games, and for video, etc. .) ?
3. Can and how we can set up where an app be installed, on internal memory or external microsd card?
4. Is there a list of known working apps and games for the Viewsonic G Tablet ?
Thanks greatly for any advises.
Dave,

You will enjoy the G-Tablet. It is a awesome device.

1. I will be trying TnT Lite 4.2.5 tonight. I hear good things about it. I currently run TnT G-Harmony v1.2
2. Simi Folder Widget - Allows you to put folders on your workspace and put shortcuts to apps in the folder. Looks very slick. You can name them Games/Apps/Market/etc.
3. Apps install by default to the Internal Storage. With 16GB of space you don't need to worry.
4. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/viewsonic-tablets/8581-tested-apps-g-tab-z-tab.html Here is what we have found so far. If you find more please add to the list.

Make sure you read all the stickies. Lots of good infomation out there.

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
You will enjoy the G-Tablet. It is a awesome device.

1. I will be trying TnT Lite 4.2.5 tonight. I hear good things about it. I currently run TnT G-Harmony v1.2
2. Simi Folder Widget - Allows you to put folders on your workspace and put shortcuts to apps in the folder. Looks very slick. You can name them Games/Apps/Market/etc.
3. Apps install by default to the Internal Storage. With 16GB of space you don't need to worry.
4. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/viewsonic-tablets/8581-tested-apps-g-tab-z-tab.html Here is what we have found so far. If you find more please add to the list.

Make sure you read all the stickies. Lots of good information out there.
Much appreciated for the quick reply and advises.
Please share your evaluation between G-Harmony and TnT Lite after you tried the latter tonight.
Thanks again,

drum747

Mar 19, 2011
You can add me please! Bit the bullet and got my tracking number for delivery 2 days from now. Can't wait! My wife wasn't real thrilled when I started talking about a Xoom, I did the research and decided on the G tablet and she agreed. Nice!

Granada Hills, CA.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Welcome! I will get you added, and be sure to join the Viewsonic Group!

Cheers,
P

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using the Android Tablet app!

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Much appreciated for the quick reply and advises.
Please share your evaluation between G-Harmony and TnT Lite after you tried the latter tonight.
Thanks again,

Well so far G-Harmony is way better than TnT Lite. I just didn't get that "WOW" feeling that I was expecting. Everyone says its so good but I have yet to be impressed. Maybe over the weekend I'll give it another try.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I much preferred G-Harmony

djh

Mar 24, 2011
You can add me. I got Wooted yesterday and have been reading up on rooting here since yesterday morning.

djh in San Diego, CA

Dave

Gary_O

Mar 20, 2011
Proud to join in as a new and very pleased gTablet owner!

I was one of the many frustrated folks who preordered a Notion Ink Adam, and have never received it after over 100 days. Notion stInk is what they should be called for their non-existent customer service. I finally got tired of waiting and reading about their excuses and lies about shipping issues, etc.

I must say that the gTablet has exceeded my expectations! This gTablet is lightning fast, and a great value for the cost and the features. The battery life is impressive, the display is crisp and super fast, and the overall design is very comfortable to hold and use. I love the ability to install new ROMs, and using the excellent instructions from this forum and from xda-developers my gTablet is now running G-Harmony v1.2 ROM.

The gTablet may not be viewed as the "coolest" tablet on the market, but the price/performance/flexibility is top notch!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Right now you are yes. Read the threads, honeycomb is on hold atm, with no release eta.

Old Rick

Mar 28, 2011
Just purchased my G-Tab today. Hope to have it in 3-4 days. Looking forward to opening the box and modding. Please add to owners list. Tnx.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
I too, just purchased my G-Tab today and should have it in 3-4 days (I hope.) Looking for a case and trying to figure out which ROM to start out with! Very excited...

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Cross posting I know, but wanted to get this out there...

All - there have been so many new W00Ters, I kind of lost track of names. If you want to be added to the Owner's thread, please check the list to see if you are there, and if you aren't then send me a PM with your Name and State.

thanks!

Also, please remember to join the ViewSonic Users Group here.