Vizio Honeycomb update

Zina_berry

Dec 5, 2011
The only thing I saw different is that I didn't need to eject the tablet, just unplugged it from the computer.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The only thing I saw different is that I didn't need to eject the tablet, just unplugged it from the computer.

You should still eject it to avoid problems.

Ricky63

Mar 15, 2012
Recieved the vizio tablet update today when I turned on my tablet ,it took about 15min. in all works great!!!! alot faster THANKS VIZIO great job about time​

rakstr

Aug 5, 2011
On my HP Omni 220 running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit I didn't have to do anything the Vtab automatically downloaded the drivers the first time I plugged it in after I updated to honeycomb. To see my files I went to( my computer). Once there I see Vtab 1008 Media Player when I click the Vtab my SD Card shows up with all its content and how much room I have left. I then can move files back and forth from the Vtab and my computer with no problems. I just added another 30 or so photos with no problems what so ever after the Honey Comb update.

Here's a link to Vizio's website, once there click support and there is a link to Android drivers for Windows.

http://www.vizio.com/accessories/vtab1008.html

I included the drivers part because of another post, but I am sure most if not all of you have uploaded the drivers.

Jim

I downloaded and installed the drivers, I see the Android phone now in the device manager but the storage stil does not show up in my computer.... Any thoughts? W7 Ultimate 64

Zina_berry

Dec 5, 2011
In the settings, did you switch the default memory to the micro card option?

Mar 16, 2012
I have a different issue, did the update and now video won't play (YouTube) within the Facebook app and within Dolphin browser. The YouTube app works just fine. I have updated the apps since the update to HC. ideas?

n3vik

Mar 17, 2012
Anyone have any issues with the thing going into a reboot loop after the upgrade? What do I do to get it to recover?

I'm getting this as well :( Does anyone know how to fix it? I just get a black screen with the silver V Vizio logo.

It appears to be booting but it never ends :(

VincentGu

Feb 11, 2012
Has anyone tried transfering data from your computer to the vizio tablet via the usb cable since the honeycomb updat? When I tried the tablet was not recognized.
Just go to the device manager of windows and scan for new hw. It takes a while then you can connect.
Hondycomb is indeed much better than gb.

mui

Nov 28, 2011
I'm getting this as well :( Does anyone know how to fix it? I just get a black screen with the silver V Vizio logo.

It appears to be booting but it never ends :(

I had the same problem, it seeded to be caused by the vtl launcher. You can boot into safe mode by holding the down volume button while powering up and the keep holding the v-down button as it's booting. in settings I went to manage apps and removed vtl launcher. If you can get into safe mode maybe you can find what's causing your problem and fix it.