Well.... got my new Onda Vi40 Elite today, but how do I get it to work?

J

jimbo7630

Is there also an arrow symbol on the screen if so put your finger on it and drag it in the direction of the arrow or if you put your finger on the green man can you drag him anywhere?

Scrubmuncher

May 6, 2012
No, he is just bobbing, I can't do anything with the screen at all. There is a tiny hole with reset written on it, do you think if I get a needle in there it might do something or would it wipe anything that might be there and useful?

J

jimbo7630

Dont use a needle either cut the point off a safety pin or use a straightened paper clip in the reset hole there can be nothing of yours to lose since you've never got to use it, Reset may be the thing to do.

Scrubmuncher

May 6, 2012
Well, I just reset it, it went off, then went back to this irritating green android. I had a look at the software it installed and they all say device working correctly. I dunno, it is getting nowhere fast. I can't even get this android to go off unless I turn it off. Nada, nothing, zilch!!!

J

jimbo7630

I have to admit defeat on this one, but where did you look at the software it installed and how?

Scrubmuncher

May 6, 2012
I just looked at the files in the 'devices and printers' menu on my laptop. It doesn't say anything, only that they are working correctly, it downloaded 3 and there are 4 there that I can make out, but as you can tell, I spend my day with a hammer in my hand, not a computer. This decision took me 5 weeks of messing about not knowing what to buy as the market is so crazy. Now to get this with no instructions and probably faulty has gutted me, I wanted it to be functioning and running well for a Friday trip away, but doesn't look good. I bought it from 'EbellKing' rather than off an ebay buyer as I thought they might be more reliable.
Gutted!

J

jimbo7630

I'm really sorry that I couldn't help this time, its a device that I've never seen, it may well not be faulty just has an ideosyncratic start-up routine, but presumably someone who owns one will sign in and advise you better.

Scrubmuncher

May 6, 2012
I hope so, thankyou for all the help anyway. Is it normal these things are sold with ABSOLUTELY no instructions? seems crazy!

If anyone out there knows or has one of these pleaaaassse chip in here!

The strangest thing is I can't even find ANY info at all online about the startup, only flashing n stuff I don't even understand.

J

jimbo7630

There Should be a manual with it.

Maybe you'll find something in this YouTube video

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jimbo7630

I have a feeling that this Video will be better, also shows that there should have been a manual with it.

Scrubmuncher

May 6, 2012
I looked at that, but I haven't even managed to get as far as the unlocking screen, just this Green Android.

Scrubmuncher

May 6, 2012
I have a feeling that this Video will be better, also shows that there should have been a manual with it.

I don't know what that is but it isn't the ONDA Vi40 elite, for sure. Looks nothing like it.

J

jimbo7630

This is definitely the Elite! Better descriptions too

mrtim

May 9, 2012
i recieved mine today ,got slightly further.get to start up screen ,all in chinese and unable to unlock ,touch screen not working at all!!its going back

Scrubmuncher

May 6, 2012
DCN? he describes this at the 1min 57secs mark, this is where I've been plugging in the charger right?