Who's stoked about the Acer Iconia A500 Tablet?

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Speaking of keyboards... Its really easy to type error free most of the time which i seem to have issues with on the ipad. bigger buttons for my fat fingers maybe.

This is great to know! I won't use my usb keyboard much, but it does fold into a great case if I take it anywhere.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
I only sampled flash, of course, but Yahoo's home page and AOL's home page (which are HEAVY with flash) didn't skip a beat. In fact, I didn't even think about it, I just branched off of those pages and read sports and business (both of which, now that I think of it, are heavy with flash also...)

Super duper! I am SOOOO STOKED!!

ceramicsaturn

Mar 22, 2011
Well I caved. I went to Best Buy today, a rural one where people probably don't care about tablets, and they had a couple in stock. I bought one, and I'll just return the one that's coming from the pre-order when it comes. They said I could return it in the store for the full refund minus shipping, which is only 8 bucks. For 8 dollars, it's worth having it today.

I haven't been able to boot it up, but I've opened it and it's AMAZING looking. Work can't be over soon enough!

vertigoesi

Jan 5, 2011
One thing to note for people who have not bought it is that it takes a microSD. Im gonna pull the one from my retired BB 8320 and throw it in to see how the card reader works.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Well I caved. I went to Best Buy today, a rural one where people probably don't care about tablets, and they had a couple in stock. I bought one, and I'll just return the one that's coming from the pre-order when it comes. They said I could return it in the store for the full refund minus shipping, which is only 8 bucks. For 8 dollars, it's worth having it today.

I haven't been able to boot it up, but I've opened it and it's AMAZING looking. Work can't be over soon enough!

Wow, you wanted one BAD, eh?! LOL

Garemlin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2010
Stopping by Best Buy on the way home to see if they have any in stock. I wanna do a little head to head with my Xoom and see which one is a keeper.

Sent from my DROIDX

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
I wonder how many people are taking or sending their Xoom back and getting the A500 or the Transformer or waiting for another promised tablet on the horizon.

Garemlin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2010
Got mine. First one they sold today. It is charging right now but after playing with it side by side with the Xoom in store I must say I am very impressed. Seems faster and smoother than the Xoom. Colors are brighter and contrast is better as well.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Glad to hear from someone who has both. I'm sure there are plenty of ways in which the Xoom betters the A500, as it should for the price difference. However, for the way I use a tablet the Acer appears to more than hold its own.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Frapshake, check your tracking again. Mine is scheduled for delivery by end of day tomorrow!

I just checked...it doesn't have a delivery date, just when it was shipped and where it was shipped from. Maybe it will on the next update, if there is one before delivery. Is yours Standard delivery like mine? Good, your wait will be over tomorrow.

Update of tracking just now: Says delivery by the end of day Wednesday!

Last edited:

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Yes, mine is standard delivery, coming from OH to IL.

Gord99

Apr 25, 2011
It has a slight curve near the edges witch helps to pick it up. There is a slight wobble on a flat surface. Very slight.