Who's stoked about the Acer Iconia A500 Tablet?

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
That's exactly what my status says too, so I think it means it will ship tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm hoping tomorrow. Guess it is what it is and we just have to wait.

Mine too. What I don't like about this particular preorder is that we didn't have the option to pick it up in the store, thus we will get ours later than people who walk into the store tomorrow to pick one up. That's a little thing, in the grand scheme of things, though. I WILL go to Best Buy and play with one tomorrow! LOL

sheba611

Apr 22, 2011
Mine too. What I don't like about this particular preorder is that we didn't have the option to pick it up in the store, thus we will get ours later than people who walk into the store tomorrow to pick one up. That's a little thing, in the grand scheme of things, though. I WILL go to Best Buy and play with one tomorrow! LOL
I am in the same boat. Hoping mine ships out Monday, but that's what I get for ordering online. I was thinking of going to BB on Tuesday because the ASUS Transformer is supposed to get released that day and it would give me a chance to compare them side by side.

ceramicsaturn

Mar 22, 2011

Yea, I thought about just winging it and seeing if I could find one in the store instead of pre-ordering it, but then you never honestly know how much stock and how much demand there will be for electronics anymore. They either have way too much or you can't find any anywhere. For the piece of mind, and not having to drive from store to store to find one, I took the preorder. Though, I am jealous of people getting theirs tomorrow.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
The fact that the online preorders didn't get the option of store pickup disappointed me a little too. But not knowing how many tablets were going to be available locally, made me want to play it safe and lock one up for myself. I can handle the wait though. Time goes by so fast.
Sheba (or anybody else), if you do compare them side by side, please post your thoughts. I would love to know what you think.

gabrielbcn

Apr 20, 2011
The fact that the online preorders didn't get the option of store pickup disappointed me a little too. But not knowing how many tablets were going to be available locally, made me want to play it safe and lock one up for myself. I can handle the wait though. Time goes by so fast.
Sheba (or anybody else), if you do compare them side by side, please post your thoughts. I would love to know what you think.

I bought mine five days ago by chance in an electronics shop in a tax heaven, Andorra, they only had three (it's a big shop) and they had no idea what it was, so I think it was a good precaution to preorder, at least you played safe.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
I bought mine five days ago by chance in an electronics shop in a tax heaven, Andorra, they only had three (it's a big shop) and they had no idea what it was, so I think it was a good precaution to preorder, at least you played safe.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Looks like you were in the right place at the right time. Good for you! Sounds like a great place to live. I paid $39.47 sales tax on mine. I think it was a good precaution at that time to preorder too.

ithink2020

Apr 18, 2011
Looked online this morning and Best Buy had the option to order and pickup in store. So, I placed my order and will hopefully going to pick it up when they open at 10am!!!

So excited!!!

UPDATE: Just got the email that it will be ready to be picked up when they open at 10am.

Last edited:

vertigoesi

Jan 5, 2011
Just picked mine up as well. I cant wait to get home from the office so i can throw it on the wifi.

I honestly am VERY happy with the design and rigidity of the tablet.

Not to knock the Xoom but I'm glad i waited.

ithink2020

Apr 18, 2011
Yes, I am.

However, no teathering at the moment...bummer. But it's not like I need that at the moment. Going to try and rip a DVD tonight and see how it plays. Just playing with it a little here and there as I have time.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Just picked mine up as well. I cant wait to get home from the office so i can throw it on the wifi.

I honestly am VERY happy with the design and rigidity of the tablet.

Not to knock the Xoom but I'm glad i waited.

Wow! I envy you, but very happy for you. Sounds like everyone's getting theirs except us poor smucks who preordered. I will think long and hard before I ever preorder again. I could have had one today too if I hadn't. Good to hear you are very happy with the design and rigidity of it. How about the weight?

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Yes, I am.

However, no teathering at the moment...bummer. But it's not like I need that at the moment. Going to try and rip a DVD tonight and see how it plays. Just playing with it a little here and there as I have time.

Great! Some of the reviews I read mentioned that the wifi wasn't real strong as they moved away from the router, do you experience that? How about the weight of it. Do you feel that will be an issue for you in certain situations?

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
I just picked up mine as well. How long you guys think until root is out? :)

Glad you got yours too! There's one person I see over on the xda forum working on root, and probably more, so personally I don't think it will be very long at all. Hard to say though.