Would You Return Your Vtab If You could?

Stringrazor

May 3, 2012
The difference between the Vtab and Gtab are night and day. The screen real estate is smaller but the extra processor and the Samsung software make the Gtab a lot faster. I also noticed Wi-Fi is a lot faster. If your thinking about selling your Vtab do it now. If you wait 6 months it won't be worth much because of all of the newer 7" tablets coming out. The Gtab is also easily rooted.
Take care guys.

I have yet to completed setup for the Peel app to use the built-in IRBlaster but initially I found it not nearly as flexible as the Vizio IR remote app but since I didn't even know the Gtab had IR, it's no big deal.

The 7" vs 8" screen size is a wash - the Gtab is way thinner & lighter and can fit into a pocket.

The Vtab's predictive keyboard is better than the Gtab's. I haven't figured out how, if at all to stop (other than turning it off) the Gtab's key s/w from enforcing what IT THINKS I want to type even before I choose it. Very annoying.

It is SO much faster, and that's the main reason the Vtab is going back.

Stringrazor

May 3, 2012
It's official, I returned the Vtab to CostCo yesterday. The Vtab was a nice intro to the Droid OS but it was just too slow and heavy for me.

As luck would have it, I also received a Samsung Galaxy Nexus in exchange for my 2 year-old Blackberry Storm II from work. It has the largest screen I've ever seen on a phone and I'm wondering if I need a tablet at all now.

arinekhen

Dec 12, 2011
I bought two of these on woot.com for about $150, one for my wife and one for my granddaughter, and they have been great. Not the fastest, but good value for an 8" device. Last week Vizio replaced one of them due to a malfunctioning charge port, and I have to say they were great about it, especially since the tablet was out of warranty. No Rolls Royce, but very competent once you dump the stock launcher and start using Go Launcher. MUCH faster! And the TV remote app is fun, too!

maxxg

Oct 5, 2012
Mine Keeps me company, while I'm working on web designs with my real computers, I can watch movies, listen to Music, check out my work on a mobile device, and learn how the littler bugger works lol! can surface the web and do allot playing around, If had better eyes I could probably do allot of reading also. Does basically all I need it to do. Why spend all that extra cash on a windowz tab or I this and I that, when I can do anything close to what I can build a PC to do for less, I have a few work horse Computers I built ( for work) and the Vtab for Play and it $ 4 $ the best deal I found yet! I never try to keep up with the other guys, I do my own thing and save plenty, if you know what I mean, My TV is VIZIO and very happy with it also! Vizio is sending me a replacement for one that went bad, I can't complain Thumbs up :up) in my book!

regards,
Maxx