3g mobile Network key question....

Mongy

Sep 9, 2010
i have a 10.2" tablet PC that runs on a Android 2.1 OS. I love it, its the perfect E-reader, and, has replaced my laptop as my mobile PC....

It has 3 USB ports, and, should be able to accomodate a mobile internet 3g key, but, the ones available say Windows or MAC os only. Any ideas on what I can do or if they will work on the Android OS?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
The A81-E by Wits is the only one where I have read about some compatibility/capability. I posted an earlier thread about my testing and experience. It looks like it should work. But, unless there is a person who has written a code set that recognizes the 3G modem and initiates "calling" then it is a no go. There are tablets sold with 3.5G slots, but those are the only ones I know which have 3G compatibility. External compatibility requires a person with the itch and desire to write that bridge code. It may be harder than it sounds. I am not a coder. I am more of a HW modder/ reverse engineer type.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
In your specs you have 3G listed. All you need it 3G router using one of those 3G dongles from Wireless Carrier or Do you want to connect tot he USB Dongle to your Tablet?

Bee

Sep 16, 2010
I have the ZT-180 running android 2.1 firmware version 0827.

I have a ZTE 3g dongle that i am trying to use and dont know how to get it to work on this.

@ Mongy, do you have the same problem?

desertbears

Sep 19, 2010
I have a Archos 32 & I tried plugging in a Tmobile Rocket usb modem & it recognized it but no internet yet. Thinking of installing PDAnet maybe that will work.

eheart

Aug 24, 2011
Looking at the Mach trio at tigerdirect but it does not specify a webcam/camera in the specs. Does anyone own this? Does it have a camera? Is it worth buying?

Anything else I should consider? Thanks.