8" android 2.2 apad does not play youtube videos-help

tony333

Nov 27, 2010
Hi Bought a 8" freescale A8 800MHz android 2.2 tablet (with flash 10.1 support) model FR-809, when i open browser and go to youTube and play any video it says "sorry video can not be played". Can any body help. Do i need market installed.If yes How can i install market on this??
Thanks,
tony

tony333

Nov 27, 2010
thanks but the 2nd part requires root. i do not want to root the device right now may be down the road. Just want to see youtube videos.Can u please guide me how to change it to desktop mode and where can i get youtube apk??

tony333

Nov 27, 2010
Hey i searched online and found the youtube.apk file and i was able to install it successfully on the tablet but when i open it it shows "The application youtube(process.com.google.android.youtube) has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again." then it just force closes. any ideas??

edit: I was able to play youtube videos in browser by selecting the desktop option at bottom of the page. Not sure why youtube.apk app did not worked.
thanks for your help.

Last edited:

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Your welcome and I will look into the youtube app for you

Sent from my incredible using Android Tablet Forum

Pingban

Jan 24, 2011
My tablet already has 'market' & 'youtube' preinstalled, but while 'market' worked well, 'youtube' wasn't, so I just download another one from market. Here's what I did:

1. uninstall 'youtube' by tap system>applications>uninstall youtube.
2. tap market>apps>search 'youtube'>install 'youtube'.

Last edited:

tony333

Nov 27, 2010
well mine doesNOT, thats why i want to know if there is any way to install it