8125, Recovery, Root, and Market

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
This is a recovery I made for the Coby 8125, It uses Amend syntax the syntax is different than CWM. This is first release so if you find problems let me know, the main thing is to use recovery to backup your tablet, and flash zip files, to improve the usability of the tablet, eg add root, market and tipstirs files once they have been converted to Amend syntax.

The recovery may seem a little awkward due to what keys you press to navigate and select choices in recovery, This is due to Coby disabling the the power, volume and silver button in recovery mode, I can only use keys that work in recovery mode, No I can't set scrolling to volume keys and selection as power key.

http://bit.ly/zPXKmo

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
"The topic or post you requested does not exist"
Can you fix the link?
Thanks!

This project has been dropped a long time ago, this was my own custom recovery before cwm recovery was made for coby, seeing cwm is available for coby tablets, no need for me to maintain my recovery, also I sold the 8125 tablet back in April.

DaNpPR

Jun 5, 2013
hey could you reupload the cwm vampirefo I beg you please I need
icon14.gif
Sucessful ROOT + CWM

I Flashed the CWM Recovery on the mid8125 made for mid7125 and worked like a Charm!

Recovery

You can Download recovery here!

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9qDvuiSXACpM2oyTXRCNmNxZFk&usp=sharing

Copy Paste it

It Requieres a little knowledge on adb but it works
1. Enable Usb debugging on device
2.place the recovery.img in your android sdk platform tools folder.
3.On command, type: adb reboot bootloader (this will put your device on bootloader)
4. flash using command: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
5. voila,CWM recovery on that darn MID8125.

Rooting

Download from here
Srs root

Link: [Tool][Windows]SRSRoot: New FREE Root tool[Version 4.6] - xda-developers

Follow the instruction.

If you like what I DID well don't the minds behind the recovery and the srs software deserve all the credit.
Sorry for the linksI'a new USER to XDA and to be honest this is something that most needed to be shared